Diego Costa

Spike

So just because he plays next to good players we should totally ignore his assist or goal tally? That's ridiculous...

Anyway, no one is saying that Benzema has been more clinical than Costa, but it's stupid to think because someone's chance conversion rate is low that he's a bad finisher. For example, Luiz Suarez last season had a conversion rate of 12.29% - does that mean he's a bad finisher? Ronaldo has sub ~20% conversion rate too - does that also make him a bad finisher? Benzema's chance conversion rate is at 22% this year which isn't too bad at all, it's pretty decent, nowhere near as bad as you're trying to make him out to be - whilst Diego Costa's is at 28%.

Benzema's game is not all about goals either anyway, his game is very similar to what Eto'o does for us now only he's better, that's why he'd be a great signing for us IMO... I don't understand how anyone would "kill themselves" if we signed him when he fits our system to a tee.

He misses chances. He doea not fit our system like etoo, I would it would be more like torres. He is consistently in and out of games and simply fails to make ANY impact whatsoever when he is not having a good run. We don't need him. We need an impact player. Benzema is not that. Not even close. Its hilarious how much you are over-hyping him. Infact I would take costa, mandzukic, balotelli, cavani, falcao, rvp over him. I said I would kill myself if we sign him cos I simply can't see how he would be a greater impact than any of the above mentioned strikers. Infact I doubt if he ll be as good as a physically fit etoo has been for us.

If a player plays alongside great players, in a shit league, then more than his goals, his general play should be considered and compared with other striker. Cant see anyway and any area where he is better than costa and yet he would be much more costelier. Hence, I ll kill myself.

As far as finishing is concerned. You are missing the moment. Suarez and CR can havr a sub 10%, conversion rate and yet score 20 goals a season. They create so many chamces. Benzema does not. And he misses a buck load of chances. Not at suprised with the stats you gave. If u had told me to take a guess for benzema, I would have said 1 in 5 chances, while for costa I would have said 1 in 3/4. When said in percentages 6% barely seems anything but think about it in chances and there is a big difference.

He misses chances. He doea not fit our system like etoo, I would it would be more like torres. He is consistently in and out of games and simply fails to make ANY impact whatsoever when he is not having a good run. We don't need him. We need an impact player. Benzema is not that. Not even close. Its hilarious how much you are over-hyping him. Infact I would take costa, mandzukic, balotelli, cavani, falcao, rvp over him. I said I would kill myself if we sign him cos I simply can't see how he would be a greater impact than any of the above mentioned strikers. Infact I doubt if he ll be as good as a physically fit etoo has been for us.

If a player plays alongside great players, in a shit league, then more than his goals, his general play should be considered and compared with other striker. Cant see anyway and any area where he is better than costa and yet he would be much more costelier. Hence, I ll kill myself.

As far as finishing is concerned. You are missing the moment. Suarez and CR can havr a sub 10%, conversion rate and yet score 20 goals a season. They create so many chamces. Benzema does not. And he misses a buck load of chances. Not at suprised with the stats you gave. If u had told me to take a guess for benzema, I would have said 1 in 5 chances, while for costa I would have said 1 in 3/4.

His link up play/back to goal play is better than Costa's, and so is his ability to pick out a pass as his assists allude to every season. He's also a better dribbler. What Costa has over him is that he's more physical, a better work rate, more clinical finishing and more consistency but his general play is why I think he'd be a very good signing for us. He's also already used to playing in a Mourinho system so his integration wouldn't take that long, and he isn't like Torres, he's a technical CF just like Eto'o is, that was my point when I brought in the comparison. Torres relies on getting behind his defender with through balls whilst Benzema is intelligent with his play, linking up with those around him just like Eto'o does.

The only strikers I'd take over him in the list you provided is Suarez, Cavani and maybe Balo or Costa (I'd put him as equal with the latter two).

The only thing I'll knock Benzema for is his inconsistent finishing but as he matures even more he'll sort that out IMO (just like Suarez has), it's the only thing that's stopping him from getting 30 goals every season.

Costa scores 1 in 4 while Benzema gets 1 in 5. Their conversion rate is really not as different as you alluded to - you were speaking as if his conversion rate was more like 10% which it is not... And Benzema does create chances, he's always in double figures every season with his assists, that isn't even debatable.

EDIT:

I'm not trying to say we should sign Benzema over Costa or anything - just that he would still be a very good signing to make if he was available on the market, and that he isn't anywhere near as bad as you're trying to make him out to be. Certainly not worthy to kill yourself over if we did sign him. If he was as bad as you're trying to make him out to be Real would've shipped him out ages ago.

As far as finishing is concerned. You are missing the moment. Suarez and CR can havr a sub 10%, conversion rate and yet score 20 goals a season. They create so many chamces. Benzema does not. And he misses a buck load of chances. Not at suprised with the stats you gave. If u had told me to take a guess for benzema, I would have said 1 in 5 chances, while for costa I would have said 1 in 3/4. When said in percentages 6% barely seems anything but think about it in chances and there is a big difference.

Costa is perfect for us. Good finisher, we don't need the striker to make chances when we have Schurrle, Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Salah, Matic. We need a finisher who can link up with them, which Costa does with Koke, Turan, Rodriguez, Villa. Our style is very similar to Athletico, that's why he's a perfect fit. He's also very physical so playing in a physical league won't be a problem. It doesn't matter who we get; Falcao, Cavani, Mandzukic, Balotelli, Costa. The striker will not be the center piece to our attack and won't score 35 goals a year. We just need a consistent finisher. Costa is that.

His link up play/back to goal play is better than Costa's, and so is his ability to pick out a pass as his assist allude to every season. He's also a better dribbler. What Costa has over him is a better work rate, more clinical finishing and more consistency but his general play is why I think he'd be a very good signing for us. He's also already used to playing in a Mourinho system so his integration wouldn't take that long, and he isn't like Torres, he's a technical CF just like Eto'o is, that was my point when I brought in the comparison. The only strikers I'd take over him in the list you provided is Suarez, Cavani and maybe Balo or Costa (I'd put him as equal with the latter two).

The only thing I'll knock Benzema for is his inconsistent finishing but as he matures even more he'll sort that out IMO (just like Suarez has), it's the only thing that's stopping him from getting 30 goals every season.

Costa scores 1 in 4 while Benzema gets 1 in 5. Their conversion rate is really not as different as you alluded to.

1 in 3/4 or 1 in 5 IS a big difference. This is PL. specially in a system where strikers don't get many chances and should be taking ones that they get.

Take yesterday for instance. Benzena shod have had a hat-trick in the first 10 minutes. He missed let sevilla be in the match and it costed RM their title probably. Pl is a leagur full of sevillas who are adept enough to punish teams who don't take their chances. Hence benzema changes nothing from which we already have.

He might get better but he might not. The point is with ushaving a chamce to Iimprove in that particular area, why would we again take a striker who can't takr his chamces. Specially when there are better options. How does that improve us. Its easier to learn to dribble or improve hold up play than to improve finishing. I would rather buy a striker that has goos finishing and can adept to our play than what benzema gives.

Again u go back to the number od assists!!!! When you have cr and bale alongside you that number WILL be great. Their movement, dribbling, shots, pace everythin is better than hazard/willian and I don't even include finishing here. Some of the "assists" that benzema givea has more of CR/bale magic than his "superlative" passing. And hia dribbling is defo not better than coata. I would say costa' s weord way of dribbling is one of his strengths.

Also its suprising that falcao, mandzukic is not included in your better than benzema list. Specially mandzukic. Hold up play, passing, counter attacking awarenesa, finishing, workrate. Except dor dribbling I won't give benzema an edge over mandzukic in anything. Specially since mandzukic has played in a system which we are looking to emulate. The high pressing, high tempo, letgal at counter attacking team of bayern of last season.

Costa is perfect for us. Good finisher, we don't need the striker to make chances when we have Schurrle, Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Salah, Matic. We need a finisher who can link up with them, which Costa does with Koke, Turan, Rodriguez, Villa. Our style is very similar to Athletico, that's why he's a perfect fit. He's also very physical so playing in a physical league won't be a problem. It doesn't matter who we get; Falcao, Cavani, Mandzukic, Balotelli, Costa. The striker will not be the center piece to our attack and won't score 35 goals a year. We just need a consistent finisher. Costa is that.

Dude I was saying all that about benzema not costa..

Infact I was saying how costa, is better than benzema for US.

benzema is having a great season??? Dude He was DROPPED for the first el-classico for BALE up top as a striker, who by the way had just come back from injury plus with no pre-season. That was the extent at how poor benzema was in the first couple of months.

He did comeback strong but still doea not change the fact about him. I mean I was watching sevilla vs real, and he had 5 good chances in the first 10minutes. Its been his trend all season.

Are you kidding? Benzema is having his best season at Madrid. He's even come close to overtaking Ronaldo as the top scorer.

I still wouldn't want him at chelsea though.

Costa is perfect for us. Good finisher, we don't need the striker to make chances when we have Schurrle, Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Salah, Matic.

No, but if we're gonna be spending big, and we will, then we might as well get a striker that is not only a goal scorer but actually creative as well.

Are you kidding? Benzema is having his best season at Madrid. He's even come close to overtaking Ronaldo as the top scorer.

I still wouldn't want him at chelsea though.

I have had a bid discussion with skipper. Not going to discuss benzema again.

People who dint see the classico would say benzema was great against barca as he scored 2. Anyone who did watch the classico would say he should havr put the game beyond barca. But when u just see the stats at the end of the season, they are 2 goals. So numbers don't always say the whole story or even the correct story.

No thanks to Balotelli, would rather just give Lukaku a go than bring that clown over here as our no1 striker. I think Balotelli is more talented than Luaku (also older) but doesn't have the maturity and we cannot rely on him. We need a winner, someone we can rely on. If we're going to spunk money on a new CF we should be making sure it's the right CF. And let's be honest, we don't want City's sloppy seconds. Statswise Lukaku and Balotelli are similar this season (notwithstanding the fact that I'm sure Balotelli's record is cushioned by his penalty taking? - haven't bothered looking this up though).