Diego Costa

Spike

People seem to be overlooking the fact that he was a tremendous flop for Spain's national team. Torres was also a brilliant striker when he played for Atletico.

I still think there are good chances this deal could turn into another 5 year Torreish nightmare. I'll believe it when I see it.

Tremendous flop? LOL. He's only played for Spain 4 times, how can you even conclude that, and Torres has actually in general been pretty good for Spain, so your analogy doesn't make sense whatsoever.

Your analogy further doesn't make sense again because at the next club Torres transferred to after Atletico (Liverpool) he became one of, if not the best number 9 in the world (debatable).

People really need to stop trying to use Torres as a reason why Diego Costa will flop. The situation is completely different.

People seem to be overlooking the fact that he was a tremendous flop for Spain's national team. Torres was also a brilliant striker when he played for Atletico.

I still think there are good chances this deal could turn into another 5 year Torreish nightmare. I'll believe it when I see it.

Torres was crocked when he came to us. I can't see Costa going the same way, but time will tell.

Also, the entire Spanish squad flopped.

people seem to be overlooking 2 games in a poor team? maybe because its irrelevant to anything?

Spains NT was a flop itself so I think it's hard to judge anyone only from their WC performance. Torres was brilliant at Liverpool as well after leaving Atletico so that doesnt say much either, but I can understand your pessimism after all the recent years of Torres frustration :P .

great, finally. 38 m euros is the sum. its not cheap, but well there werent many other options available. would have preferred Cavani or someone else, but it wasnt possible I think. Hopefully he can prove the doubters wrong and prove to be a sucess. pressure is huge on him

Tiago should follow next.

even me - one of doubters based on his attributes and style of play - don't resort to his WC displays to question him. He was coming off an injury whose healing process was accelerated just so he'd play. Spain sucked as a whole, del Bosque was outdated and clueless in his tactics and they didn't realize they have to at least abandon partially their also outdated tiki taka system and be more direct, pressing and less passive if they still want to win something. Costa was the least of their problems and probably the most affected as he doesn't suit their too-much-sex-for-few-orgasm tiki taka bullshit.

My doubts about him come from his technical abilities, but I'm more than ready for him to prove me wrong. As I said earlier:

200_s.gif