Diego Costa

Spike

Really? When our 3 strikers scored 27 goals between them, I think having one striker who will score at least 15 or more is good enough, we can't expect far too much given the Torres experience and also with players like Sheva who have struggled after big moves.

I'm expecting he will play around 45 games as a starter (65-80 minutes every game), if staying fit. 1 goal every 3 matches, I don't think it is a good ratio.

He says Costa will be on 185k, surely that will be a considerable increase from whatever he was on previously.

That's quite alot if true. Won't he be the highest paid player at Chelsea then?

The top comments on facebook made me laugh 'Waste', 'He sucks bring back Lukaku', ' we don't want him'.

Christ almighty its irritating when he doesnt even have to miss a chance in a blue shirt before 'fans' jump on him. Ridiculous. If all works out well for him we won't be reading that! More like 'Awesome', 'Sell Lukaku we have Costa!' and 'Please stay forever'.

Welcome Diego, fingers crossed you prove the doubters wrong and score a hatful. I am keeping my expectations low but that's understandable in recent years haha!

Who reads those facebook comments anyway? Everyone knows no real Chelsea fan ever posts there, they post in TalkChelsea. Every time I go to have a look at the comments, I wonder how these people know how to turn on a computer, let alone type in it. So many morons flying around there it's not even funny anymore. What I also noticed is that many of them are fangirls of certain players or group of players, I hope nobody takes them seriously, I certainly don't.

Undoubtedly Diego Costa has his own weaknesses. His technique is not as good as most of his colleagues in the best European leagues. Nevertheless, I praise his attitude and willingness to score in every match. We absolutely need a poacher like him who can simply put the ball into the net. He's quite fast and strong, and there's no need to mention that he is a very clinical player. I just hope our physios keep up the good work so that Costa's season won't start like the previous season ended at Atletico...

Anyways, welcome Diego! So excited about the next season and there's still plenty of time to make some transfers if José thinks we need them. Filipe Luis and Tiago maybe? Anyways, this transfer window has been nice for us so far!

kai3.jpg

Undoubtedly Diego Costa has his own weaknesses. His technique is not as good as most of his colleagues in the best European leagues. Nevertheless, I praise his attitude and willingness to score in every match. We absolutely need a poacher like him who can simply put the ball into the net. He's quite fast and strong, and there's no need to mention that he is a very clinical player. I just hope our physios keep up the good work so that Costa's season won't start like the previous season ended at Atletico...

Yep. It's true his technique is not great like a van Persie, Ibra or a Benzema but it's more than good enough to link up to our attacking midfielders, Hazard especially who loves those one-two's with the striker. It's Certainly better than Lukaku's, Torres and Drogba when he first joined in 2005. Like you accurately said, he is incredibly fast (contrary to the cluless rubbish Danny Murphy was saying in the Spain vs Chile game) and pretty powerful. I can't think of any top class striker right now that quite combines power and pace as he does.

Yup. Torres and JT are at 150-175k reportedly.

Hazard actually. He apparently earns around 185k and there are talks that we plan on renewing his contract. I'm not sure if Cesc is supposed to be our highest paid player now or something.

Costa on £185k is better then Rooney on 210K-to-300k£ we could have had :P

LOL! It's insane really. He earns more than Ronaldo and Messi. Man United are all over the place now that Fergie is gone. 30 + million for Shaw. 28 mil for Herrera. I mean he's a good player but not that good. Then we buy Costa for 32 mil and Cesc for 28 mil. Two world class players. Add that to the fact we let Luiz go for what, 50 (!) MILLION?!

We've never had so many good deals in the Abramovich era. That's why it's not enough just to buy what we need : a CF, LB and CM. We should also go for some luxury buys; Pogba, Di Maria and Sanchez. We have to get back to the level were we can confidently compare our squad to the likes of Bayern, Real and Barca let alone Man City.

LOL! It's insane really. He earns more than Ronaldo and Messi. Man United are all over the place now that Fergie is gone. 30 + million for Shaw. 28 mil for Herrera. I mean he's a good player but not that good. Then we buy Costa for 32 mil and Cesc for 28 mil. Two world class players. Add that to the fact we let Luiz go for what, 50 (!) MILLION?!

We've never had so many good deals in the Abramovich era. That's why it's not enough just to buy what we need : a CF, LB and CM. We should also go for some luxury buys; Pogba, Di Maria and Sanchez. We have to get back to the level were we can confidently compare our squad to the likes of Bayern, Real and Barca let alone Man City.

luxury buys can be more disruptive than good in my opinion. look at the willian buy for instance. it took away mata and kdb's playtime and forced them out. buying sanchez/dimaria would mean one of oscar/willian on the bench, salah getting next to no playing time and schurrle getting cup matches here or there.

same goes with pogba. renders mvg and rambo useless cos we already have cesc and matic.