Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Tempted to see his reaction if we do end up in the Europa League. Would be such a major blow to his huge ego.

Especially after all of his jibes around Rafa winning it in 2013.

its better than nothing. plus europa is a good competition for the likes of kenedy, traore, baba, RLC, etc youth players to be given the european experience in, more realistic too, cos lets face it, with jose the only way our youth is getting any game time in europe is if atleast 10 of our players are injured.

Very good point. Might be the only way we would get any serious rotation of the squad to incorporate the youngsters. Speaking hypothetically, if we were to end up in the EL next season, you could field a rotational side including first-teamers like Mikel, Ramires, Begovic, Willian, etc. with some of the youngsters and still be competitive enough to go pretty far.

He has actually been manager of 60%.

Lmfaooo i find it hilarious that from Barbara's long, eloquent post you felt the need to only correct JM's percentage of trophies he's won for Chelsea. Like it was the most important sentence in her post. :lol: :lol:

Doubt it was on purpose, but I needed that.

I'll call Fabregas a Gooner cunt as long as he doesn't redeem himself, which going by this season's rate will take some time.... people like to be hypocrites and point out Mourinho's past here and yet ignore Fabregas'. Too often has he behaved like a cunt during his Arsenal/Barcelona days vs Chelsea for me to accept him as "one of us".

There's no smoke without fire. Cesc obviously said something whether it was tongue in cheek or not. Judging by his performances, he clearly wants a new manager. We're obviously not gonna be in the UCL next season so it'll probably be his last season with us anyway with Hazard and more too. Can see a mass exodus.

There's no smoke without fire. Cesc obviously said something whether it was tongue in cheek or not. Judging by his performances, he clearly wants a new manager. We're obviously not gonna be in the UCL next season so it'll probably be his last season with us anyway with Hazard and more too. Can see a mass exodus.

A mass exodus will probably be a good thing. Bring and use players who can get us back into the champions league, and go from there.

The people that desperately want him gone need a reality check. He has been one of the most veteran awarded midfielders of the last decade, he has played over 600 official matches since 2003. He is in the upper echelon of talented midfielders in the world. He is literally going through the first blip and negative bump of his career. He has suffered through injuries but they have never truly slowed him down, he has never relied on his physicality like players like Torres and Shevchenko. He plays with intelligence and it is only a matter of time before his form is regained. Nothing can steal his intelligence away from him.

Selling a truly marvelous players after a run of bad form is one of the stupidest decisions this club could make. Do people forget that even players like Andrea Pirlo were dismissed at one point in his career. In the last two seasons at AC Milan Pirlo was a forgotten man, no one appreciated him and the media and footballing world weren't circle jerking over him like they are today. All it took was a revitalised season at Juventus for everyone to remember how damn good Pirlo is. I will wager the same will happen to Fabregas. People have forgotten what he is capable of, but they will remember once he starts doing it again.

He has been bad since January mate. You've got to admit somebody like Isco would be much much better.

We don't have fucking Isco and the club isn't going to get Isco, he has nothing to do with any of this.

It does have something to do with this because if we want him gone that means that we WANT to REPLACE him. I've said it before, I'd prefer to get an attacking midfielder to replace Fabregas in January transfer window.

It does have something to do with because if we want him gone that means that we WANT to REPLACE him. I've said it before, I'd prefer to get an attacking midfielder to replace Fabregas in January transfer window.

Who is 'we'? I don't want Fabregas sold, I just said that. Isco isn't coming, deal with it. He has a broken ankle (who knows how long that will keep him out) and starts for Real Madrid, he has it all there and would only be regressing his career at Chelsea. The club doesn't need to sell Fabregas to buy whatever fantasy signing you want.

Who is buying Fabregas?

Who is available for Chelsea?

EDIT: Both of Isco's ankles are broken.

Who is 'we'? I don't want Fabregas sold, I just said that. Isco isn't coming, deal with it. He has a broken ankle (who knows how long that will keep him out) and starts for Real Madrid, he has it all there and would only be regressing his career at Chelsea.

Who is buying Fabregas?

Who is available for Chelsea?

First of all you said the 'people' that desperately want him gone need a reality check. Thats who I'm referring to as 'we'. Second of all I said that somebody 'like Isco' would be great. I picked Isco as an example. Plenty of clubs would want Fabregas, because of his status and career.

There are plenty of attacking midfielders available, I have no idea why you are trying to deny that.

First of all you said the 'people' that desperately want him gone need a reality check. Thats who I'm referring to as 'we'. Second of all I said that somebody 'like Isco' would be great. I picked Isco as an example. Plenty of clubs would want Fabregas, because of his status and career.

There are plenty of attacking midfielders available, I have no idea why you are trying to deny that.

Who are they then? What clubs can afford Fabregas (which would want him)? And what available (and how do you know they are available?) attacking midfielders will genuinely bring new assets to the team? I'm not the one making these claims, back them up.

PSG don't need him.

Real don't.

Barca don't.

Bayern don't.

Man Utd don't.

Man City don't

Arsenal don't.

Juve don't.

Liverpool don't.

He is an expensive tranfer with very high wages. Not only are most of those clubs stacked in the central midfield but I don't they would want to pay at this moment in time an exorbitant fee for a player that is under the weather. It just isn't realistic for these teams to go out of their way for Fabregas.

The people that desperately want him gone need a reality check. He has been one of the most veteran awarded midfielders of the last decade, he has played over 600 official matches since 2003. He is in the upper echelon of talented midfielders in the world. He is literally going through the first blip and negative bump of his career. He has suffered through injuries but they have never truly slowed him down, he has never relied on his physicality like players like Torres and Shevchenko. He plays with intelligence and it is only a matter of time before his form is regained. Nothing can steal his intelligence away from him.

Selling a truly marvelous players after a run of bad form is one of the stupidest decisions this club could make. Do people forget that even players like Andrea Pirlo were dismissed at one point in his career. In the last two seasons at AC Milan Pirlo was a forgotten man, no one appreciated him and the media and footballing world weren't circle jerking over him like they are today. All it took was a revitalised season at Juventus for everyone to remember how damn good Pirlo is. I will wager the same will happen to Fabregas. People have forgotten what he is capable of, but they will remember once he starts doing it again.

One of the biggest reasons behind Pirlo's rejuvenation was the presence of Vidal and Marchisio (and later Pogba). You think Fabregas will ever be awarded such a luxurious platform? In one of the episodes in my fantasy world, Mourinho joins Inter and takes Cesc with him, giving him the Sneijder role and platform.

I agree with you, except for the first blip part. He went through these moments at Barca at well. But Fabregas will bounce back. To a certain degree at least. I do wonder how good he can still be. Pirlo played a less demanding role.

Who are they then? What clubs can afford Fabregas (which would want him)? And what available (and how do you know they are available?) attacking midfielders will genuinely bring new assets to the team? I'm not the one making these claims, back them up.

Teixeira, Calhanoglu, Gotze and Pjanic are the ones I can come up with at the moment.

All are affordable since we won the PL last season and if we present them a good offer there is a huge possibility that they'll come.

As for Fabregas lol you've got to be kidding me? Do you really think that no one would buy Fabregas? Lol PSG would put in an offer just because they can.

One of the biggest reasons behind Pirlo's rejuvenation was the presence of Vidal and Marchisio (and later Pogba). You think Fabregas will ever be awarded such a luxurious platform? In one of the episodes in my fantasy world, Mourinho joins Inter and takes Cesc with him, giving him the Sneijder role and platform.

I agree with you, except for the first blip part. He went through these moments at Barca at well. But Fabregas will bounce back. To at least a certain degree. I do wonder how good he can still be. Pirlo played a less demanding role.

I think it was different at Barcelona. He was always good there but he was a square shape in a round hole. He never really clicked with the manager's approach. To passive, Cesc is a much more aggressive player than people realise due to his time in England. He would smash forward and leave holes in the midfield, he would score goals and assists but would leave it open to counter attack. Maybe what the club needs is it's own version of Vidal and Marchisio to give the midfield a platform to give creative license to whatever player. I don't know who those players could be but I know it isn't Ramires and Mikel.

I take it you have a soft spot for Inter?

Teixeira, Calhanoglu, Gotze and Pjanic are the ones I can come up with at the moment.

All are affordable since we won the PL last season and if we present them a good offer there is a huge possibility that they'll come.

As for Fabregas lol you've got to be kidding me? Do you really think that no one would buy Fabregas? Lol PSG would put in an offer just because they can.

I haven't seen the other three players enough to comment but I think Gotze is rubbish. Talented no doubt but not the player that people think he is; I don't believe Gotze is the player to revitalise this club. In saying that, I wouldn't say no to any of those players joining I just don't believe it is necessary for Fabregas to leave to accommodate them.

Nobody needs Fabregas, those clubs aren't going to waste a fortune on a player that is out of form and is a luxury signing, especially in January. I really don't think PSG would, I don't see them as trigger happy with the funds as they were a couple of years back. They just hocked off several midfielders, including Cabaye.