Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Cesc is more of an assist machine than a goal-scoring one, though there were seasons he scored more goals than he made assists.

In all competitions for the club:

goals assists

2006–07 4 16

2007–08 13 23
2008–09 3 16
2009–10 19 16
2010–11 9 14
2011–12 15 16
2012–13 14 12
2013–14 13 16
It's interesting that he made most assists in 2007-2008 when he played deeper in midfield, though in his last three years at Arsenal he played fewer games because of injuries.

But that is exactly the point, while the general consensus was that Rami was playing badly, Jose thought he was playing very well because while most fans judge him based on individual moments in a match (bad pass, bad shot...etc.) Jose judges him based on what he overall wants from him: energy and dynamism in midfield and a lot of pressing.

Who could replace Rami though?

We have no such player in team to do Ramires job instead, moreso in CL when Matic couldnt even play. If we get new b2b this summer, Rambo will have to play realy well to get in team. But we need such player to keep balance in team and if there will be no new b2b, Rambo will play unfortunely. Not because Mou likes him that much but more bacause he needs such type of player.

We have no such player in team to do Ramires job instead, moreso in CL when Matic couldnt even play. If we get new b2b this summer, Rambo will have to play realy well to get in team. But we need such player to keep balance in team and if there will be no new b2b, Rambo will play unfortunely. Not because Mou likes him that much but more bacause he needs such type of player.

Exactly why we won't get another B2B midfielder, because we already have Rami and like you said, he is capable of doing the job that we need done.

Honestly, as long as Cesc starts the matches against the teams that will park the bus, especially at the Bridge, I'll be more than happy seeing Rami in all the big matches.

Exactly why we won't get another B2B midfielder, because we already have Rami and like you said, he is capable of doing the job that we need done.

Honestly, as long as Cesc starts the matches against the teams that will park the bus, especially at the Bridge, I'll be more than happy seeing Rami in all the big matches.

Yeah, in big matches, I expect to see Ramires next to Matic, with Cesc/Oscar as #10.

Van Ginkel is a B2B midfielder.

Atleast Ramires show's spirit all the time unlike other players (Oscar, Hazard), im pretty sure he still has a pretty big part to play in the upcoming season.

Spirit is great and all, but now when I think of Ramires I automatically think of this (substituting 'I' for 'he'):

Pretty sure that sign at London Bridge is fake. For starters that advertising hoarding is behind the signs. (If I remember London Bridge station like I do)

We are also probably obliged to have our sponsors on advertisements

Internet 1-0

Arsenal had first option to bring Fabregas back to the club he left in 2007, which manager Arsene Wenger passed up as he pursued other targets. Mourinho, though, feels Stamford Bridge was always the midfielder's preferred destination. "I spoke with him 20 minutes. I think he really wanted to come to us," said Mourinho, who is an ambassador and pundit for BT Sport next season and took part in a Q&A session at BT Tower in central London on Friday night.

"As you know, Arsenal had an option where they could interfere, but I think he was not open to that, I think he was very, very much in our direction, so it was an easy job for me."

lol Jose is trolling Arsenal, of course, but I don't think he's lying.

Actually, Cesc's weird wording in his statement made it pretty obvious. He said, “Arsenal was the first option, for contractual reasons. There was a clause that gave them the right to decide." He never said that Arsenal was his first option, but Arsenal fans chose to interpret it like that.