Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

88 on his regular card about deserved after having one in form after the other. Though lucky that they don't do downgrades after march.

Not to go off topic, but he will be rated 87 in next FIFA lol. Just have a feeling.

I always wanted to see Cesc in Chelsea blue, especially when he was in Arsenal :D I'm really really happy we managed to bring him in and I wouldn't be surprised if he was our captain next season.

From the very start? I hope not.

Made his ultimate team card, because I was bored:

4r70dfO.png

68 pace? :carlo: Same as Matic and Mikel. No defending ability either, shooting is average, passing is for n00bs and dribbling is only useful with pace.... GET RID

My only worry is when big games turn into a battle, when we faced him as a Arsenal player I was always confident Essien would have the measure of him, and he usually did.

Other than that no qualms whatsoever and is actually just what we need, our build up play will improve a lot with Cesc.

My God, how many through balls assists he provided in those three years? I should have counted them while I was watching the vid.

As I'm positive I'll watch again, I'll count them.

Seriously, I know those vids mask a lot of things, but how could Barça fans hate him so much when he's so much class? His finishing got even better imo, his quick thinking is second to few, his vision is also very good, his pass quality is amazing, a neat and classy player all around and they hated him? They're indeed assholes as their names suggest. Not only the guy professed his love for that club - that should be reason enough to love him, but I suppose when you're a Barça fan that's not enough, but he also offered an excellent end product.

Maybe the games he suck he really, really suck? Because, otherwise, what's wrong with this guy? I keep trying to find the answer and the only thing that came to mind is that up to now his club choice was awful, but even that has been properly fixed now that he's a Blue.

Honestly, from the games I've seen, I'd say he was misused a lot in Barcelona as of lately. He would often be played as a false nine (specially when Messi was injured), which doesn't fit him at all. And the Barcelona team from last season was way too disjointed. There were players still on the tiki-taka mentality while others were playing with a more direct approach, which proved to be a failure and a mess. Despite being raised in their youth team, he did look as if he was more comfortable with directness rather than with tiki-taka bullshit.

If he disappears in the big games, it's all much better of a signing.

We had no qualms winning all big games in the EPL last season. He will be needed against the teams parking the bus.

Also I don't buy this BS...

Part of the problem is that he didn't suit their slow possession style. In the first half of the 2013-2014 season, Martino changed the team to be more direct and quicker in transition. And Fabregas thrived when Barca played more direct football, as he used to do at Arsenal, and most of his assists and goals came in the first half of the season.

But although the results were very good and Barcelona was winning games, some people on the board, Barcelona fans and some players didn't like the direct style of play, didn't like that they weren't dominating possession. The rumor has it that Xavi went to Martino and convinced him to go back to tiki-taka.
Either way, it seems Martino was pressured into doing it, and the second half of the season, Barca dominated possession again and created fewer chances. Cesc became pretty much invisible.
Cesc at Arsenal:
5flmj6.jpg
Cesc in the first half of the season when Barcelona played more direct football:
if7n1t.jpg
Cesc in the second half of the season (back to tiki-taka):
15zp47r.jpg
Look at all the lovely side passes and possession domination! :lol:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I expect one of his first few touches for us to be some kind of jaw-dropping through ball or assist. A misplaced pass and I will label him a flop and throw in the 'overhyped' bin.

Maybe for 19 assist last season it just a good number for the false nine position. But still not guarantee since defense in la liga is joke...

My only worry is when big games turn into a battle, when we faced him as a Arsenal player I was always confident Essien would have the measure of him, and he usually did.

Other than that no qualms whatsoever and is actually just what we need, our build up play will improve a lot with Cesc.

We handled big games very well this season. The real question is, can he break small teams?

Maybe for 19 assist last season it just a good number for the false nine position. But still not guarantee since defense in la liga is joke...

The prem defences are catching up fast lets be honest. 2nd place Liverpool shipped 50, Spurs shipped 20 against last season's top 2 alone.

Cesc Fabregas : "It's always difficult playing Chelsea. When I was at Arsenal, we attack, attack, attack.. and then Drogba scores"

Let's hope the rumours of him coming back are true, so he can continue where he left off. :D