Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Player has a say, but let's not kid ourselves here. If he could go to Arsenal, he would.

if he wants to go to arsenal we wouldn't be having this conversation he would have signed for arsenal and they would have announced it as well so I know he will sign for Chelsea I bet on it

This buy back clause is bullshit... You guys actually think it works like that? If Arsenal don't want Cesc back all they need to do is send in a memo declining the option to re-acquire Cesc.

Unless they want to completely fuck over the team trying to buy him like we did to Spuds with Willian. Then they would keep us waiting as long as possible. As far fetched as it sounds it wouldn't shock me.

Unless they want to completely fuck over the team trying to buy him like we did to Spuds with Willian. Then they would keep us waiting as long as possible. As far fetched as it sounds it wouldn't shock me.

Or maybe they are genuinely considering it and taking their time...30m could be almost 3/4 of their whole budget this summer and that is a lot of money on a position where they are very strong at.

if he wants to go to arsenal we wouldn't be having this conversation he would have signed for arsenal and they would have announced it as well so I know he will sign for Chelsea I bet on it

This isn't so hard to understand - Arsenal doesn't want him. Just because the player wants to go there, it doesn't mean he can.

This buy back clause is bullshit... You guys actually think it works like that? If Arsenal don't want Cesc back all they need to do is send in a memo declining the option to re-acquire Cesc.

They've notified Barcelona that they wont be exercising the clause, well reported. But if the contract says that Arsenal get 1 week to match any bid Barca accepted, then they still have to wait for that week to clear, even if Arsenal decline the option on day 1

There is absolutely no incentive for Arsenal to decline the option ASAP.

They've notified Barcelona that they wont be exercising the clause, well reported. But if the contract says that Arsenal get 1 week to match any bid Barca accepted, then they still have to wait for that week to clear, even if Arsenal decline the option on day 1

What? All you have to do is get it in writing...

What? All you have to do is get it in writing...

Yes but legally they still maybe have to wait 1 week. It is like a player having their contract expires and announcing he will sign with a new team, the new team cannot present the player until his contract with his old team have completely expired.

Yes but legally they still maybe have to wait 1 week. It is like a player having their contract expires and announcing he will sign with a new team, the new team cannot present the player until his contract with his old team have completely expired.

Its not the same thing at all but why am I gonna keep you guys from hanging on the every word of these journos? enjoy the circus guys!

Maybe Arsenal have internally decided they won't be using their first-refusal and that got leaked to the press but why should they have officially given the Fabregas deal their blessing when by the looks of things the Chelsea board too are trying to do everything in their power to prevent Arsenal from getting anything from the deal? If I was on the Arsenal board and a move like this was on the cards, I wouldn't mind if it took a rival team a week longer to conclude the deal because at least in that case there's still some hope for them that someone like PSG would come in and hijack the deal. Or even if no one did, it would still make things harder for a club they dislike and that can only be a good thing.

Its not the same thing at all but why am I gonna keep you guys from hanging on the every word of these journos? enjoy the circus guys!

It's only a circus because you decide not to believe what is perfectly plausible. Why would Arsenal want to decline the option on Day 1 when they could wait till Day 7? Not only does leaving it till Day 7 delay Chelsea's operations, it also gives them 6-7 days to reconsider just in case.

It's only a circus because you decide not to believe what is perfectly plausible. Why would Arsenal want to decline the option on Day 1 when they could wait till Day 7? Not only does leaving it till Day 7 delay Chelsea's operations, it also gives them 6-7 days to reconsider just in case.

No what's a circus is you guys lapping up every little morsel of information as fact. How long has it been since the Journos said Arsenal will not exercise the right to buy back? What ever happened to the deal being consummated on Tuesday? Oh and the clause that Chelsea don't want to give Arsenal a penny in the deal? I come here each morning and I swear you guys have me spitting up my corn flakes with the amount of garbage you guys are willing to believe.

Or maybe they are genuinely considering it and taking their time...30m could be almost 3/4 of their whole budget this summer and that is a lot of money on a position where they are very strong at.

What's to consider and take their time about? This isn't some unknown or unproven foreigner who they need to scout extensively. He was at their club for years and they know precisely what they'd be getting.

Arsenal should be able to know immediately whether they want him back or not. He's clearly not the type of player they need.

What's to consider and take their time about? This isn't some unknown or unproven foreigner who they need to scout extensively. He was at their club for years and they know precisely what they'd be getting.

Arsenal should be able to know immediately whether they want him back or not. He's clearly not the type of player they need.

Well for example OX fucked his knee last weekend, that might have persuaded them to go in for him again as backup or as they know Ramsey/Wilshere will likely to be injured during next season. A couple of days and matches can change everything in football.

No what's a circus is you guys lapping up every little morsel of information as fact. How long has it been since the Journos said Arsenal will not exercise the right to buy back? What ever happened to the deal being consummated on Tuesday? Oh and the clause that Chelsea don't want to give Arsenal a penny in the deal? I come here each morning and I swear you guys have me spitting up my corn flakes with the amount of garbage you guys are willing to believe.

Better to be realistic and acknowledge the fact that deals involving a money transfer worth tens of millions are not so simple and there are plenty of different little things that need considering, rather than go full meltdown when the transfer is not concluded when some idiot journo said it would be.

If you don't want to speculate on why it hasn't been announced yet, you are more than welcome to stay away and only check the thread once everything has officially been agreed.

And you keep throwing your opinion around like it's absolute fact in nigh on every thread. This is a transfer window where people will post up links, stories, Tweets and articles based on the said player. What may, or may not be rubbish, is anyone's guess, unless you of course know the tea-lady or the bloke who irons Jose's suits but I doubt it very much. People will post and talk about things but that obviously annoys you, so my suggestion to you would be to either not read the topic or stay logged out.

It's as if forums and transfer windows are new to you :chai:

Never as fact just as an opinion...

And I understand what it is but don't you think it would be more useful if people actually posted stuff from more credible sources? Anyways, I don't want to take away from my amusement... carry on with the myriad posts from Sky Antarctica and Tancredi, I'm sure eventually one of them will be right.