Ezequiel Lavezzi

Anyone watch him on the regular? The last time i watched him was when we played Napoli. How has he been performing at PSG? I don't understand why we insist on spending money needlessly. It isn't my money, of course, but you would think if we were going to chuck money around, it would be for higher calibre players for christ sake. 8-10 mil for Pato and another similar amount for Lavezzi doesn't sound like much, but it soon adds up, and then you look back and realise we could have bought a top player for that money. We went and spent 30 mil+ on Willian and Pedro when we could have bought Sanchez. No idea why we didn't do it. Torres for 50 mil instead of Aguero, and the list goes on...

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, manpe said:

Why are we linked to players we need the least? Wtf... Pato and Lavezzi are such random targets. The red panic button is close to being pressed.

Hazards replacement!! 

Neither of these players (Pato and Lavezzi) will enhance the current squad. I would much rather play the youngsters than buy these two overrated, overpaid and over-the-hill players. Anyway we are trying to strengten at the wrong end of the pitch........It's our defence thats a joke!!!!!

Neither of these players (Pato and Lavezzi) will enhance the current squad. I would much rather play the youngsters than buy these two overrated, overpaid and over-the-hill players. Anyway we are trying to strengten at the wrong end of the pitch........It's our defence thats a joke!!!!!

Don't think we are trying to strengthen, but rather replace Falcao/Remy, so we don't have to play Hazard as striker whenever Costa is broken or suspended. A like for like swoop should one of them leave (hopefully Falcao, it's easy to upgrade on him).

Pato transfer makes some sense maybe, but this really doesn't. Lavezzi is nothing like striker, and if we buy Pato, we will be overfilled on some positions. (Hazard, Willian, Oscar, Pedro, Kenedy, Pato, Lavezzi, even Traore all competing for three places)

Ezequiel Lavezzi’s proposed summer transfer to Chelsea has moved closer to fruition with the 30-year-old Argentina forward’s representatives pleased with the outcome of a meeting with the Premier League champions, writes Duncan Castles. Lavezzi, inset, will come to the end of a four-year contract with Paris St-Germain in the summer, and is expected to leave without a transfer fee. Chelsea face the prospect of losing playmaker Eden Hazard to Real Madrid next summer and must also make a decision over the retention of Pedro, a summer signing from Barcelona who has struggled to adapt to the Premier League.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/article1660077.ece

This signing hasn't made sense since we were first linked with him a year ago or whatever. Getting old, declining rapidly, and in a position we're set in. Our board are idiots if they're even considering him.

31 at the start of next season and a truly amazing record since coming to Europe - 82 goals in 348 matches (all competitions). One scored at every four played. Others must be sharting their pants hearing this, wondering how did we manage to pull this off. 

Worrying signs from the off. That extra 20k seats will be of no use if we're planing on spending the next 20 years into mediocrity. Someone should sound the alarms asap.  

Reports a few days ago that he's turned down an offer for Beijing Guoan, but getting notifications he's set to join them. Excited because I've gone to a few Guoan matches and like to follow them and that we won't be signing him up in London.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You