Cardiff v Chelsea

Jase

Looking forward to this.

I am going to the game, and our coach will be full of drunkards crossing the Severn Bridge to the land of savages, singing songs about Gerrard and slipping over :)

Why so many people want MVG to play?

This is an useless game, let's not risk a high promissing young player who has just returned from a horrible injury against Cardiff!

I would wait for van Ginkel to have a decent pre-season before putting him out there...

Because he's very close to full match-fitness and he is no more likely to re-injure his knee than a player with no history of ACL trouble is.

What risk do you think there is?

Marko van ginkel left london to prepare for world cup, but why? i wanted to watch him play that game...

Because he must have thought his chances at getting in the WC squad for Netherlands was over when he did his cruciate.

Now he's offered a training session with the squad, maybe suggesting that he might actually make the squad for the WC. He's hardly going to turn that down is he?

We can watch him play in pre-season, surely everyone would rather see Baker or Swift instead?

Because he's very close to full match-fitness and he is no more likely to re-injure his knee than a player with no history of ACL trouble is.

What risk do you think there is?

There is a slight chance that his ligaments are still tender and haven't fully healed. But personally I would be more worried about him having to play opposite Medel who I do like, but lets be honest, he's a nasty player sometimes, and even if MVG isn't any more likely to get injured, if he did get seriously injured then his growth as a player would have been completely killed, considering he has just come back from a long lay off already and would miss most of pre-season.

------------Schwarzer-------------

--Azpi---Cahill---Kalas---Cole--

---------Matic-----Baker----------

--Willian-----Oscar-----Salah---

---------------Torres---------------

Bench:

Hilario, Hutchinson, Ake, Mikel, Schurrle, Feruz, Ba.

That's a nice mix of young and old to me. Hutchinson, Ake and Feruz to come on in an ideal world (if we're winning).

------------Schwarzer-------------

--Azpi---Cahill---Kalas---Cole--

---------Matic-----Baker----------

--Willian-----Oscar-----Salah---

---------------Torres---------------

Bench:

Hilario, Hutchinson, Ake, Mikel, Schurrle, Feruz, Ba.

That's a nice mix of young and old to me. Hutchinson, Ake and Feruz to come on in an ideal world (if we're winning).

Sam's at Sheffield right now, isn't he?

Feruz won't be there either imo.

Ivan instead of Sam and Kiwoyma instead of Feruz then?

You are thinking way too much about the idea of youths featuring this match. Kiwomya, Feruz, Hutchinson and most of the other youths are not going to be involved. Kiwomya is one for the future but you won't see him near the first team for a while yet. Same with the other two. It is a game Mourinho will want to go out on a high so he will field out a very strong team. You might see brief appearances for Baker and Swift possibly but in the actual 11 I would only expect Kalas to start from the current 'youngsters'.

There is a slight chance that his ligaments are still tender and haven't fully healed. But personally I would be more worried about him having to play opposite Medel who I do like, but lets be honest, he's a nasty player sometimes, and even if MVG isn't any more likely to get injured, if he did get seriously injured then his growth as a player would have been completely killed, considering he has just come back from a long lay off already and would miss most of pre-season.

ACL repairs don't work like that. At this point his repaired tendon will almost certainly be healed and there's no reason to think he'd have an issue with it. He needs playing time and more than anything else, he deserves it.

Will there even be streams for this game? I can't imagine that anyone is airing this live with 10 games at the same time.

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=257292∂=sports

Says there will be 19 streams available. All bad quality flash streams no doubt, but it's still better than nothing.