Chelsea v Atletico Madrid

Jase

hopefully we wont concede. but i believe that a 2-1 is indeed the most likely outcome of this game...we need all of our players to play at their best in order to qualify from this one!! Schwarzer i believe is an equally good replacement of Cech and has shown that the last few games.

So play focused, watch our back and strike hard = qualification

If we can get through the first 20mins without conceding then I think we'll be fine and we'll win it.

There will be a bit of a problem if they score first as we will then need 2 goals and if Simeone has any brain at all he'll just instruct his players to sit deep, absorb pressure and frustrate us.

I do think we'll win though, Chelsea produce at the big games, especially with Mourinho at the helm.

Chelsea 2-1 Atletico

Eto'o (34), Diego (47), Torres (86).

They don't have to win to advance which means the onus will be on us to take the initiative and attack against arguably the best counter attacking team in Europe after Dortmund. That's a very very scary thought. awkward situation this is.

Taking the initiative does not mean attacking with 6 men. We will be set up to play by the best manager in the world so as not to play into their strengths.

Its very unlikely they'll try to attack until late in the second half. They'll wait until anxiety and fear settles in the home crowd :wank2: ... that's unless we score first in which case we'll be much more comfortable and I can see us scoring even more ... oh god please let us score first :cry:

If we can get through the first 20mins without conceding then I think we'll be fine and we'll win it.

There will be a bit of a problem if they score first as we will then need 2 goals and if Simeone has any brain at all he'll just instruct his players to sit deep, absorb pressure and frustrate us.

I do think we'll win though, Chelsea produce at the big games, especially with Mourinho at the helm.

Chelsea 2-1 Atletico

Let's hope it won't be this dramatic :D.. I'm not sure if my heart can handle such a scare

Andy Burton at the CFC training ground:

Chelsea's players have just walked out onto the pitch - there's a 15-minute window for media access - and as we were filming shot of those players arriving, Petr Cech walked out. I shouted over to ask him if he was fit and he smiled and said: 'Of course'. John Terry, who rolled an ankle in the first leg, is training and moving freely, as are Eden Hazard and Samuel Eto'o. So huge news for Chelsea - a massive boost and you wouldn't put anything past Jose Mourinho in terms of selection. Cech is now out but is not yet doing the full drill. Could this be one of Mourinho's mind games?

No chance. Schwarzer for #1

I think we will have to score 2 goals to advance. If they score first, it will be difficult to put two as they will go full defense. If we score first, we shouldnt close because they might equalize in last minutes. A 2:1 is good for us.

But if we score in 6th minute or so and then defend for rest of the match, prepare for heart attacks considering Atleti might score one and they go thorugh.

Chelsea 2-1 Atletico

That would be pretty epic if Torres knocked them out.