Atletico Madrid v Chelsea

Jase

You are not scared? What did you take today?

Atletico are no Sunderland, they're probably a reputable enough name and Champions League semis is probably a big enough stage for the players to give a fuck. I personally am at a stage where I'm more scared of Colchester United than anybody we face in the CL.

I think even a one goal loss (as long as we score as well) is a good result. Of course I'd be happier with a draw, not to say a win, but I'm pretty confident about this team playing big matches at the Bridge. We showed to struggle a lot with the physicality of EPL lately - among other issues - but I don't expect us to get the same with Atletico even if they're a pretty physical team themselves. The pitches are bigger in Spain, I think they'll struggle a bit with the reduced space in England and I also believe Oscar, Willian, Luiz and Ramires (which ones get to play) will benefit from a larger pitch.

I'm curious about who gets to replace Iva. I'm not sold on Ash yet. I can see Mou playing three CBs easily.

Since you are not the person, then you should not derail our chat, I read.

Well, you can always look at my post as standalone. I quoted you because your question was what prompted me to share my thoughts on this matter, it was not meant to answer for the person you asked it from.

martin lipton says 4-3-3 with Ramires wide. he's not sure though

Nice. we need his monster stamina to cover a lot of distance. We can do this! i will forget all our players' fault for a while and just pray they can perform their very best

Well, you can always look at my post as standalone. I quoted you because your question was what prompted me to share my thoughts on this matter, it was not meant to answer for the person you asked it from.

Let me decide whom I ask & what. If I want to ask you anything, I let you know, later.

martin lipton says 4-3-3 with Ramires wide. he's not sure though

What does he know? "He's not sure" says everything, he's just guessing, it's apparently what his career has been built on. Though I wouldn't be surprised at all, that could well be the case if Jose decides to go with a defensive counter-attacking mentality. I just hope it's not true because Rami on the wing has never looked pleasant.