Atletico Madrid v Chelsea

Jase

I always felt against PSG at 3-1 it wasn't over, and had a great feeling we would over turn that result, we did but the goal away from home was huge IMO. We must fetch a goal back from Madrid tonight, even if it is the same score as the Paris 1st leg. 3-0 is a disaster, 3-1 is very much doable. I can see us scoring, but I can also see them scoring.

I always felt against PSG at 3-1 it wasn't over, and had a great feeling we would over turn that result, we did but the goal away from home was huge IMO. We must fetch a goal back from Madrid tonight, even if it is the same score as the Paris 1st leg. 3-0 is a disaster, 3-1 is very much doable. I can see us scoring, but I can also see them scoring.

Agree. 2-1 loss is better than a 0-0 draw, imo.

LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED, YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! CHELSEA, WHERE EVER YOU MAY BE, WE ARE THE FAMOUS CFC!

Feels sooooooooo gooooood to be back in the semi finals... I'm loving it no matter the result tonight but I wouldn't mind a win. AT ALL.

The boys need to play their best football tonight, they are no walkover however no opponent at this stage is.

COME ON CHELSEA!!!!!!!! :halo:

I agree, everybody will be hyped for 2nd leg at the bridge but it seems i was more excited for the psg 1st leg than i am for this game. Weird i know :dunno:

I think it has a lot to do with PSG being the favourite and wanting to prove their worth. At least that's what it was for me... This tie has a different feel. Madrid are perhaps the slight psychological underdogs because they aren't tested at this level.

I'd take a 0-0 but a 0-1 should be the aim. Possibly more. And we should definitely not concede. Can't see where the goals are gonna come from though especially given Atletico's organized defence. Torres should be kept on the bench, if things turn really bad then bring on Torres, otherwise no need. Lampard and Luiz in holding midfield, not sure about Ramires given his performance at the weekend. Cole at LB, Azpi at RB, Willian,Oscar and Schurrle behind Ba. Come on Chelsea!

I think it has a lot to do with PSG being the favourite and wanting to prove their worth. At least that's what it was for me... This tie has a different feel. Madrid are perhaps the slight psychological underdogs because they aren't tested at this level.

I think PSG tie was 50-50 at the start, Atletico are very slight favourites imo although they have a much trickier league match than us (valencia away).

Torres should be kept on the bench, if things turn really bad then bring on Torres, otherwise no need.

Torres has never looked liked scoring against loserpoo. He tries too hard and ends up failing, BADly. Can't see it being anything different against his childhood club (maybe worse?).

For us? How is a loss better than a draw!?

Because of the dynamics of the return leg. With 0-0, they'll most likely start the game very defensively and give us no space and then maybe start looking for a goal after 60-70 mins. But if it's 2-1, they'll come to the game wanting to get an away goal to match ours which would make for a more open match.

Will be happy with a win or a draw. Will be OK with a one goal deficit. Anything more will be very difficult to overcome.

As long as the defeat comes with an away goal for us, it's doable!