Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland

Jase

Man of the Match  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Ok.

Not ok, but still.

Not over till it's over, as this season showed too much times already. Still 3 matches to play, and even after today - you try to swim untill you drown. In May when the dust settles we'll see how 1-2-3 pans out.

Eto'o should have scored. Ba should have scored. Schuerrle probably should have scored too, but their keeper had an excellent match.

Cech's illness cost us 2 points. Maybe even 3.

Ramires should have been sent off. Terry's goal should have been allowed. There was no penalty on Azpi. There should have been at least 1 penalty in our favor.

If it's allowed to post here in other language I'll comment about Mike Dean. English obscene lexic is not good enough for expressing such concepts, I'd prefer to say what I think in Russian. If it's not allowed I'm not commenting on today's referees.

I'm gutted Jose's streak came to an end. There was something legendary about it, sort of mythical protection. Now we have one legend less. It hurts.

Jose's PC was spot on. It's one of his most epic ever.

Rui, dear Rui. That was rather unnecessary but I share the sentiment.

No point blaming the ref. We were poor, and we have been poor at defending set pieces all season.. Nobody picked up the Sunderland player from the corner. He had a ton of space and was allowed the freedom to put in a shot. Keeper perhaps could have done better, but if you dont defend corners you get punished. We were simply not good enough tonight. As said earlier in other posts we cannot break down teams that come and defend. Ramires is a little terrorist and should be shipped out at the end of season because he's a liability.he should have walked in the first half. Oscar looked completely burned out and needs a rest. He's not half the player he was at the start of the season. Willian played well enough, but he lacks a killer ball. Mata used to provide that but thats past tense. Salah is raw and just lacks experience in this league. Ivanovich should take up acting, if he stayed on his feet a little more often he might actually be a good player. Poor Aspi had a poor game, but it was never a penalty. But, saying that, we have had our share of luck this season in that regard, ie:West Brom last minute. Overall on the night we just didn't turn up and didn't deserve to win. No point blaming refs or dodgy decisions, we never really troubled the keeper with a raft of shots. We huffed and puffed and once again our lack of quality up front was exposed. But hey, we're not done for yet and still have some great games to play in the league and the small matter of a Champions league semi final to play.

Would any of you accepted this at the start of the season????

What a boring response Billy.. <_<

lol it does tho, the title was never in our hands because we are unable to beat lower table teams, been the case all season. i had a feeling we would drop points today. Even if Liverpool drop points tomorrow they will still win it.

We just need to go all out now and win the Champions league

As much as Mike Dean was atrocious with his decisions, we really shouldn't or wouldn't be sitting down here and talking about referees screwing us (again) had we not made horrendous errors for Wickham's goal and took our chances.

Dean was awful but no worse than our finishing. How many moon shots from Oscar and Ramires today? Eto'o missed a glorious chance, Demba should've at least tested the keeper on another.

Am I the only one who thought Larsson fouled Ramires in the box when he had an open net?

Ok.

Not ok, but still.

Not over till it's over, as this season showed too much times already. Still 3 matches to play, and even after today - you try to swim untill you drown. In May when the dust settles we'll see how 1-2-3 pans out.

Eto'o should have scored. Ba should have scored. Schuerrle probably should have scored too, but their keeper had an excellent match.

Cech's illness cost us 2 points. Maybe even 3.

Ramires should have been sent off. Terry's goal should have been allowed. There was no penalty on Azpi. There should have been at least 1 penalty in our favor.

If it's allowed to post here in other language I'll comment about Mike Dean. English obscene lexic is not good enough for expressing such concepts, I'd prefer to say what I think in Russian. If it's not allowed I'm not commenting on today's referees.

I'm gutted Jose's streak came to an end. There was something legendary about it, sort of mythical protection. Now we have one legend less. It hurts.

Jose's PC was spot on. It's one of his most epic ever.

Rui, dear Rui. That was rather unnecessary but I share the sentiment.

Let it out. Get it all out in whatever language you want :)

Great post.

We (both fans and the team) also need to remember that for lower league sides, them coming up against Chelsea (and the other big teams) is the equivalent of Chelsea playing a big champions league game, so they turning it up a notch. (Ten notches). Sunderland might go out and get annihilated from a mid table side, then they come up against Man City and Chels and grab points.

Footballs a funny game.

i can not for the love of god analyze how the 20th team stuck in the bottom of the table supposedly tired from the mid week game in Man C fu*k us in our own home ground and we still too shit to win the game.

and damn you Azpi for slipping in that moment and fuck up Jose's record.

Dean was awful but no worse than our finishing. How many moon shots from Oscar and Ramires today? Eto'o missed a glorious chance, Demba should've at least tested the keeper on another.

THAT and I'm also questioning, why wasn't there anyone defending on the edge of our penalty box when Sunderland took that corner which led to the goal? Alonso had acres of space and time to get the shot going. Also, why did we suddenly let ourselves being pushed back after we went 1-0 up? We were so dominant till then and out of nowhere, we allowed them to get into the game when we shouldn't!

THAT and I'm also questioning, why wasn't there anyone defending on the edge of our penalty box when Sunderland took that corner which led to the goal? Alonso had acres of space and time to get the shot going. Also, why did we suddenly let ourselves being pushed back after we went 1-0 up? We were so dominant till then and out of nowhere, we allowed them to get into the game when we shouldn't!

Character, Character is what these guys are lacking. Lets be honest the being too young excuse is not valid. In 2004-05 Terry was 22-23, Lampard 24-25, Robben 19, Glen Johnson 20, Drogba 26, Essien 23, Mikel 18, Cech 21 just to name a few young stars in that team and all of them had never won a league title.

Character, Character is what these guys are lacking. Lets be honest the being too young excuse is not valid. In 2004-05 Terry was 22-23, Lampard 24-25, Robben 19, Glen Johnson 20, Drogba 26, Essien 23, Mikel 18, Cech 21 just to name a few young stars in that team and all of them had never won a league title.

Not character but balls. Lots of them. :ph34r:

We need a killer up front. This is the first time many of these guys we're depending on have been involved in a run like this and too much pressure has been piled on them to score.

The most costly decision Chelsea have ever made in the club's history was signing Fernando Torres for £50m when we had Drogba, Anelka and Sturridge. Think of where that money could've been spent... Roman you've given us so much and have been brilliant but never ever get involved in the acquisition of players, stick to signing cheques please.

We need a killer up front. This is the first time many of these guys we're depending on have been involved in a run like this and too much pressure has been piled on them to score.

The most costly decision Chelsea have ever made in the club's history was signing Fernando Torres for £50m when we had Drogba, Anelka and Sturridge. Think of where that money could've been spent... Roman you've given us so much and have been brilliant but never ever get involved in the acquisition of players, stick to signing cheques please.

Jose summed it up last time ,,,, If he was owner we would go bust ,,, If Roman was manager we'd get relegated .