Chelsea v Arsenal

Jase

This is the game of the season for us. Fail to win (even a draw would be a bad result IMO, in the context of the title race) and I think that would relegate us to third-favourites behind City and 'Pool for the title. We quite basically have to win. City are 6 behind with three games in hand - there's a good chance United will take points off them in the Manchester derby, though, plus they have to go to a few difficult away matches. Yes, we'll only have Liverpool left after this, but my point is if City still have 3 games in hand on us and we fail to maintain the six-point gap, it could be looking like 3 matches to make up a 3/4 point cushion. That leaves them room for mistakes, and will seriously ease the pressure off. We can't afford for that to happen. The way we have to think about the title is that we're actually in second place, playing catch-up. I know that sounds insane, but think about it, in a real world the least amount of points City will get from Sunderland [h], Villa [h] and United [a] is very probably 7 points. Worst-case scenario is 6, but equally there's a great chance a team as good as them will pick up all 9. So we need to maintain the pressure - if we make all their games must-wins, there is a chance they may crumble under the pressure.

Totally agree, if we fail to get all 3 points today, we're out of the title race IMO. City with 3 games in hand won't drop enough points for the rest of the season in order for a 3/4 point cushion to be sufficient. Must win, or we're out, sadly.

Two of our better/best performances last season came home and away against Arsenal. The first half especially against them at the Bridge was brilliant. Hoping for the same or something similar today. Do that and we'll win. That isn't too much to ask for right..?

I'd be surprised if it was anything other than:

Cech

Ivan cahill JT Azpi

Matic Lamps

Shirley oscar hazard

Eto

Could be torres instead of Eto but other than that I doubt it would be too different.

And and Luiz in for Lampard..

And if we win?

Either way we might lose the league. getting the maximum points will put the pressure on City. The fate of the title race is dependent on City losing points. At the end whether we win it or not, Mourinho is a great manager and our team is a very good one and is developing each day.

Winning will definitely add to these young players morale, experience and confidence. And who knows maybe we will win the title too :)