Toni Kroos

Billy.

He is a great player who I don't want to see at Manchester United at all, but before Guardiola came he held an attacking role under Heyneckes. It's only when Guardiola came that he changed Kroos's role to a deeper one. This isn't necessarily a bad thing at all because he's taken to the role like a fish in water managing a staggering 92% pass success in the Bundesliga. His versatility, youth and success would make him a great signing who I wouldn't complain about. Nonetheless, I'd question a move for him by us with our current squad.

For Man United his position in the pivot alongside Carrick/Fellaini is obvious but we have Matic, Van Ginkel, Ramires, Lampard and Mikel (Luiz too) who can cover midfield and had to sell Mata because our attacking midfield options are so strong. Van Ginkel particularly is a 21 year old box to box midfielder (that Mourinho himself has lauded as a Gerrard/Lampard hybrid ) who would work amazingly with Matic IMO. Unless we plan on selling Ramires/Mikel and letting go of Lampard I can't see the room for him here. I still doubt Bayern will let him go so easily and when a player of his enormous quality becomes available it's stupid not to follow it further, but like Bayern did with Kroos, I think we have a player with amazing potential quietly recovering in our ranks who given the opportunity will develop into something special.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:carlo: They really aren't. When teams sit deep we only need 1 DM sitting in front of the defence. That guy should be Matic. Against teams that sit deep Ramires is useless going forward.

Honestly the stronger we get as a team the more teams are gonna park the bus like West Ham did.

We wont play with 1 DM! Matic on his own isnt enough, this is the PL, there are alot of dangerous teams who can counter attack in this league! next season if more teams do park the bus like west ham, as long as we have a world class striker and Hazard on form, we will break them down! Kroos just isnt needed!

We wont play with 1 DM! Matic on his own isnt enough, this is the PL, there are alot of dangerous teams who can counter attack in this league! next season if more teams do park the bus like west ham, as long as we have a world class striker and Hazard on form, we will break them down! Kroos just isnt needed!

I agree that Kroos isn't needed because he's not a player for a 2 man midfield.

I meant that we only need 1 defensive minded player in our midfield (Matic) while next to him we need to get someone who can spray the ball around and help set the tempo so we can stretch and eventually breakdown these teams. Ramires can't do that.

80% of the teams in the PL are sitting deep and dont give us any space to counter-attack, so in most of all oppositions, ramires-matic is completely useless.

Especially games at SB, why i said after Matic signing i would rather see Lampard playing with him most of the time.

Matic-Ramires is fine for away games.

He is a great player who I don't want to see at Manchester United at all, but before Guardiola came he held an attacking role under Heyneckes. It's only when Guardiola came that he changed Kroos's role to a deeper one. This isn't necessarily a bad thing at all because he's taken to the role like a fish in water managing a staggering 92% pass success in the Bundesliga. His versatility, youth and success would make him a great signing who I wouldn't complain about. Nonetheless, I'd question a move for him by us with our current squad.

For Man United his position in the pivot alongside Carrick/Fellaini is obvious but we have Matic, Van Ginkel, Ramires, Lampard and Mikel (Luiz too) who can cover midfield and had to sell Mata because our attacking midfield options are so strong. Van Ginkel particularly is a 21 year old box to box midfielder (that Mourinho himself has lauded as a Gerrard/Lampard hybrid ) who would work amazingly with Matic IMO. Unless we plan on selling Ramires/Mikel and letting go of Lampard I can't see the room for him here. I still doubt Bayern will let him go so easily and when a player of his enormous quality becomes available it's stupid not to follow it further, but like Bayern did with Kroos, I think we have a player with amazing potential quietly recovering in our ranks who given the opportunity will develop into something special.

he was already playing next to Martinez/Schweinsteiger for Heynckes. most of the time he was a CAM, but he was playing CM for Heynckes too. And for Germany also.

Would not be my no 1 choice, but better than what we have in terms of creativity and ability to bring the ball forward from deeper positions. would depend on the price for him though.

I think Kroos would be good adition here, but he is far from what we should realy target if we are to buy CM in summer.

Kroos is top passer and finisher for a midfielder, but he is CAM, he is FUCKIN SLOW and doesnt track enough. Plus his complaint vs Bayern shows he is impatient, maybe even problematic to Pep. Perhaps thats why they are ready to sell him...

We should target MOBILE, DYNAMIC CM if any and Kroos aint that. Gundogan (if fit) would be best option, Pogba or Witsel too.

In the press conference after the game yesterday v Frankfurt, Guardiola said: "Bayern had the best display of the season." Nice dig at Toni Kroos, a top player who warmed the bench for the whole game.

Guardiola is making an example of Kroos in front of the other players. We'll know soon enough who will win the pissing contest.

Guardiola was asked about kroos and he said he'll only talk about the players that played.

I remember something similar between mourinho and KDB situation.

What are our chances of offering bayern 40-45mil to get both kroos and mandzukic??

If we wanna get a midfielder who can play in the pivot, would rather than us go for Gundogan, even if he has his injury problems (shame Cabaye has gone to PSG). Kroos can play in the pivot but think he's far more effective as a CAM, behind the striker. Getting him to play as a CM where is he less effective is like putting square pegs in round hole again.

If we wanna get a midfielder who can play in the pivot, would rather than us go for Gundogan, even if he has his injury problems (shame Cabaye has gone to PSG). Kroos can play in the pivot but think he's far more effective as a CAM, behind the striker. Getting him to play as a CM where is he less effective is like putting square pegs in round hole again.

Didn't Gundogan wreck his back? Has he overcome his injury yet? It's worrying because Gundogan could very well be a shadow of himself.

We are playing lamps in the pivot. Now compare kroos with lamps, in vision, passing, speed, shot accuracy, shot power, technique, age. Surely against the westhams, its a vast improvement.

The only possible improvement will be a mobile and strong person like pogba. But I think there will be a bidding war for him in the summer.

Decent player but we don't need him. I think he is more useful behind the striker. We have Matic, Ramires, Mikel, Lampard and Van Ginkel in pivot and some really talented young players(Chalobah, Aké, McEachren). Get a great left back and a a striker and we are ready.

Guardiola was asked about kroos and he said he'll only talk about the players that played.

I remember something similar between mourinho and KDB situation.

What are our chances of offering bayern 40-45mil to get both kroos and mandzukic??

There's no chance in hell we'd get both for 45 million ^^ Besides I'd pay 20 million to not have that cuntfaced croatian play for us.

There's no chance in hell we'd get both for 45 million ^^ Besides I'd pay 20 million to not have that cuntfaced croatian play for us.

By summer, kroos has 6 months left on his contract till january. That alone reduces his value by half = 20mil

Mandzukic = 20mil

I know mandzukic is not playing his best this season(even though he has 2 goals and 2 assists in the last 2 games) even ibrahimovic struggled with pep's style at barcelona.

Mandzukic was perfect for bayern last season in the pressing fast counter system we are trying to play. He is the best header of the ball in the game imo. Easy for ivanovic crosses to connect with his height. He has also played with similar players to what we have.

Ribery - Hazard

Muller - oscar

Robben - salah/willian

Martinez - Matic

And more importantly, he has been replaced by lewandoski for pep's system.

I know he is no suarez or cavani, but what if rooney signs new contract, liverpool gets champs league, psg threatens to bid for hazard if we go for cavani, benzema becomes unavailable??

Who else can we buy except costa and mandzukic??

This situation is 100% possible

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You