Toni Kroos

Billy.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It showed he was the one controlling the game (ala pirlo)

I didn't explain it earlier there

While you're not wrong on your point but don't think those numbers reflect it in the first place. Deserves a more in-depth/specific rather than a general stats.

Sorry if I'm being nitpicky here. :P

I just feel like a lot of clubs will be in the striker market this summer so maybe if you are going for the Cavani and Suarez type players there won't be an inflation of price, but their fee's are ridiculous already. Mandzukic will cost at least 30m and Costa at least 40m after their respective bidding wars are all said and done. Still not Fernando Torres money but not far off.

Gambler's mentality, something I do not posses.

Should they fail we are are still in a position to make profit or at least come away clean, if they came here with a huge bill we will never recover all of it. Ideally you don't care about recovering any cash you just want goals, but that isn't ideal thinking for clubs other than ours. To be fair watching Diego Costa a bit while he was in the Portuguese League has always made it easy for me to brush him aside, he proved me wrong and became a far better player than I expected. Mandzukic just doesn't have enough talent for the player I feel we need to fill the role. The more I look around at the options, the more I feel they are scraps. The club will likely go for a big name signing, I just think my route is affordable and unexpected I'd also expec it will probably have similar results (any other group of strikers would have a much higher goal tally by now). Lukaku would be national sensation by now if he had been with us since September.

Reckon Mandzukic will be a bit cheaper than what you suggest, but we'll have to wait and see. And Costa has a £32M release clause, that's all teams will pay, there won't be a bidding war, Atletico have to accept a £32M bid. He will then choose which club he wants if more than 1 team meet the release clause.

I do see what you're saying with the recouping of money but I think you get what you pay for largely. Obviously some overpriced players and bargains around but mainly you pay more, you'll usually get a better player. Let's just trust in Jose and see what he does aye? :)

As for your Lukaku comments, I'm a great lover of the lad, tons of potential, but he hasn't been that great even at Everton (who have been flying high this season). He had a great start but fell of the pace a bit before his injury. Hope i'm wrong but he doesn't look a world beater. Yet.

Kroos would be a fabulous addition but I wouldn't hold my breath on this. He will want to go to a squad where he plays all the time and quite frankly I don't see him getting that chance with Chelsea. Matic was the buy we made for that position, Ramires is a lynchpin player for Jose... VanGinkel will be back and likely be integrated slowly, Mikel is still an option...

I would love to have him but I don't think he'd want to come here.

Kroos would be a fabulous addition but I wouldn't hold my breath on this. He will want to go to a squad where he plays all the time and quite frankly I don't see him getting that chance with Chelsea. Matic was the buy we made for that position, Ramires is a lynchpin player for Jose... VanGinkel will be back and likely be integrated slowly, Mikel is still an option...

I would love to have him but I don't think he'd want to come here.

Kroos will stay at Bayern. period.

If he were to leave, i think he could make it here, cos he is a far more accomplished footballer than Ramires or Matic, even though those two compliment each other much better. Kroos lacks pace, which is instrumental to our play and to the premier league, but

Kroos will stay at Bayern. period.

If he were to leave, i think he could make it here, cos he is a far more accomplished footballer than Ramires or Matic, even though those two compliment each other much better. Kroos lacks pace, which is instrumental to our play and to the premier league, but

Thats why I don't think he will be an every situation player if he came here.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/24/bayern-munich-manchester-united-toni-kroos-contract?CMP=twt_gu

Manchester United target Toni Kroos has been warned by Franz Beckenbauer, the Bayern Munich president, that his new contract demands are "going through the roof". With David Moyes having scouted the midfielder in January the impasse between Kroos and the European champions will offer further encouragement to United's manager that he could prise the 24-year-old away in the summer.

Beckenbauer said: "You have to make a decision as a club when someone's demands are going through the roof. There is not a single player who's worth changing your entire wage structure for. Nobody's indispensable. If the player wants to stay at Bayern, I can only advise him not to overplay his hand."

With Kroos's current deal ending in June 2015 Matthias Sammer, Bayern's sporting director, insists he will not leave before then. "Toni has a contract until the summer of 2015 and he will not be going anywhere before then. And we are determined to make sure he will stay at Bayern beyond the expiry date of his current deal. We really value Toni and have shown so more than once."

Yet should negotiations drag on the prospect of losing Kroos on a free transfer in summer 2015 would strengthen Moyes's hand should he decided to make a bid for a player who would cost around £25m.

Striker + Kroos + Shaw = Premier League favorites and serious Champions League contenders next season.

Think 2 of those will happen but can't see Kroos leaving Bayern. If it's at all possible I'd still have my doubts. Lamps is looking more and more likely to be given an extension and buying Kroos would seriously impact Van Ginkel's status at the club.

He has contract till 2015... Something similar said mourinho about courtois.

I reckon we will have the same problem if we don't guarantee courtois a spot in the starting 11 as Madrid will go the same way with big wages.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You