Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

I don't really want to read the last two-three pages but what are we talking about?

1. Salah is religious. So what?

2. His performance against RZ was very very poor. My eyes hurted every time he touched the ball.

He signed for Chelsea at the age of 21, no one can(nor want to) change him. Ramadan or not, he has to improve and play better, If he keeps peforming like that we will get rid of him but it has nothing to do with his religion or nationality. He seem to be a very nice guy so I hope he will do better, I don't want Chelsea to sell him.

Since Spike hasn't deleted this post (he should have) I'll respond to it..

Actually, no it isn't, lol. It's a religious belief system.

Yep. Thought as much.

Evolution is fact, there is a huge amount of evidence of intermediates in human fossils, you can go to museums and see australopithecus.

Moronic is calling his beliefs that...

I'll remember you said that.

I get it that people in Europe don't feel that spiritual these days and it's hard for them to understand people making sacrifices in the name of their beliefs, but respect towards one's beliefs is universal, regardless of how secular, agnostic and non-believer one can be.

That sounds remarkably patronising. Like I said, Britain is a more progressive society and we've moved on a lot from these types of things. That's not to say we don't understand why people feel the need to be religious though, in fact it makes a lot of sense.

But this isn't the place to have this discussion and you're certainly not the type of person I think I'd want to have it with in the first place.

Last few pages of this thread are a piss take and you lot should know better than this. There is one thread dedicated to politics etc and there is also a facility within the forum to send PM's to each other, it isn't difficult.

Get back to Salah, if not then it's warnings and topic locking I'm afraid.

I'll remember you said that.

That sounds remarkably patronising. Like I said, Britain is a more progressive society and we've moved on a lot from these types of things. That's not to say we don't understand why people feel the need to be religious though, in fact it makes a lot of sense.

But this isn't the place to have this discussion and you're certainly not the type of person I think I'd want to have it with in the first place.

And I'm sorry if I offended you. You called his actions on his beliefs moronic (maybe even the beliefs themselves as your statement was too succinct and up to interpretation)... I feel that's disrespect and I may have disrespected you back. So for that I'm sorry and I apologize. I could have worded it differently, but at the spur of the moment I didn't. I'll edit it.

As for the second part, my idea wasn't to patronize anyone. There are beliefs around that think sacrificing your first child is not only acceptable, but a privilege. I could never understand that, I would oppose to that politically if it happened here in Brazil, I'm all for human rights, the same way I don't understand wars made in the name of religions. It isn't something I understand because it isn't part of my culture. I know Europe grew more secular in the last two centuries. I have a major (even if incomplete) in Theology where I've learned that, it's no offense or assumption, is a fact. I just pointed out that as the culture changed, it may be hard for people to understand such things. Of course not as hard to understand and accept human sacrifices and wars (I think few would understand it), but in much lesser extent for a lot of people an athlete starving himself before/during matches and during training sessions would make little sense whatsoever and it could be hard for them to understand why he does it. I wasn't judging, I was trying to understand where you could have been coming from (I don't even know - or want to know - if you have any beliefs yourself, how could I patronize you about it?), but at the same time we have to respect his decision. Calling him (or his actions) moronic because of that is harsh when it's one of his universal rights. Again, I apologize, TOPTB if my post was offensive or disrespectful. I'll edit the first part and I hope you were able to understand what I meant with the second.

As for the kind of conversation you'd like to engage with me, if you judge that wouldn't be a topic to discuss over because of whatever you may have noticed about me, it's your prerogative and right - even to judge what type of person you think I am. I hate discussing beliefs either way, so chances are you wouldn't have a chance anyway. My beliefs are mine and everyone else's are theirs, they're not up to discussion unless it's relevant and the only time it's relevant it's when someone is curious and wants to learn more about mine and come to me (privately, I don't discuss them in detail publicly - only superficially as I did in my hotseat when asked about it). I don't expect that to happen in a football forum - despite it already having happened twice through PMs here on TC. Per my experience with you, I don't think that would be the case, so I guess we'd never have that convo and I don't think we're missing out anything.

We start doing it at the age of 7 :). Salah, is also known to be a religious guy. So 90% that he is fasting as we are only exempted (as Muslims), if we are ill, or traveling.

We have a special amatuer Rmadan tournaments all over the Arab world. Here in Kuwait, we sometimes play before breaking fast. The temperature is in the upper 40s. :) Once your system gets used to it, it becomes very much bearable. Plus, it is so spiritual, so that kinda gives you a boost to stand it.

from egyptian iam telling u ...yes we all do even if u not much religious.. its something u used on when u hit 15 years old in our country its something deep in our culture related to our religion and we dont complain about it we respect it

Well, I'm a religious person too, so I understand him.

It's not easy to play a football match at 19:30 with your stomach yelling for food and water. Also the lack of those two things affects not only your body, but your brain too.

I said something at half time like "Is Salah looking for a loan? He's been a mess this pre-season?". Now I take that back.

Considering he's fasting I think he's been good, some nice little passes and very direct play.

Enjoyable and I think sometimes we forget actually how young he is because he looks like the arabian gandalf in the face.

I haven't watched much of pre-season but towards the end of last season I started to understand Salah as a player. I think he's going to frustrate a lot of people who won't allow themselves to look past his shortcomings. He is never going to blow us away with his ability on the ball, he's a runner who can finish reasonably well, and like a lot of squad players he will thrive in certain games and stink up the place in others. Depending on how and when he's used he can be a valuable asset.

Forgetting the last couple of pages happened, since when are preseason matches a way to judge players? Preseason is about match fitness and match fitness ONLY.

Make a religion thread if you want to discuss it.

NO. No one make a religion thread! Discussing religions will only lead to people getting offended, plus it's against forum rules.

Forgetting the last couple of pages happened, since when are preseason matches a way to judge players? Preseason is about match fitness and match fitness ONLY.

No it's not. It's also about learning things that are important to that first match, like tactics, players' movements and idiosyncrasies etc.

No it's not. It's also about learning things that are important to that first match, like tactics, players' movements and idiosyncrasies etc.

JT and possibly Iva and Petr aside, none of the players that played yesterday will be starting at Burnley, most won't even be on the bench. What on earth can you learn from this preseason game that is important for that match?

JT and possibly Iva and Petr aside, none of the players that played yesterday will be starting at Burnley, most won't even be on the bench. What on earth can you learn from this preseason game that is important for that match?

I'm thinking that Matic, Van Ginkel, Luis, Zouma and possibly one or two of the youngsters might be used in the coming season. It's hard to explain why pre-season matches are so important but once you've played some (in any sport) it's fairly obvious.