Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

Mohamed Salah is reaping the benefits of enjoying pre-season alongside his team-mates, and hopes to kick on during his first full campaign as a Chelsea player.

The Egyptian moved to Stamford Bridge last January from FC Basel in Switzerland, enjoying a solid second half of the season, which included a maiden Chelsea goal in our 6-0 win over Arsenal.

Salah has impressed already during pre-season, with his opening goal against Vitesse Arnhem on Wednesday following a second-half strike in our 3-2 win against AFC Wimbledon.

‘I’m very happy to have scored two goals in pre-season so far, it’s always good to score but the most important thing for me is to make sure I help the team win every game,’ he tells the official Chelsea website.

‘I hope having pre-season with my team-mates will help me next season. We’ve done well so far, the training has been very good, intense and we are improving all the time.’

Salah’s religious beliefs ensure his food and fluid intake is significantly reduced during the Ramadan period, which ended recently. Now, he is back to eating and drinking regularly, and acknowledges the difference.

‘Ramadan was a bit difficult for me because we had two training sessions every day, the weather was very hot and I played in every game,’ he explains. ‘I wasn’t even able to drink water until 9.30pm.

‘Although I am used to it, it’s finished now and I can eat and drink as normal. When you train twice a day your energy levels drop by the second session, but it means a lot to me so I’m very happy and I feel good.’

Now adapted to the demands of English football, Salah is looking forward to his second season in Chelsea blue, and his targets are simple.

‘The aim is for us to win the Premier League and Champions League,’ he says. ‘It’s important for a club like Chelsea to challenge for every competition we enter and hopefully we can do that.

‘In terms of myself, I don’t usually like to set too many targets but I just want to improve as a player as much as I can and help my team-mates become successful.’

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/07/salah--feeling-good.html

lol thats few comments on jose thread at our forum in 2013 before and after playing with bazel:

1-Anyway, Oscar in the wing is a waste, but I guess he put him there to try to stop Salah and Stocker

2-screwed up real bad today. and the defeat has to be on him. very poor team selection plus no difference in tactics of how to deal with salah&stocker who owned iva-cole even in the 1st leg.

3-it makes absolutely no sense to utilize Ivanovic at RB when he offers next to nothing going forward and is up against a very speedy player like Stocker or Salah

lol thats few comments on jose thread at our forum in 2013 before and after playing with bazel:

1-Anyway, Oscar in the wing is a waste, but I guess he put him there to try to stop Salah and Stocker

2-screwed up real bad today. and the defeat has to be on him. very poor team selection plus no difference in tactics of how to deal with salah&stocker who owned iva-cole even in the 1st leg.

3-it makes absolutely no sense to utilize Ivanovic at RB when he offers next to nothing going forward and is up against a very speedy player like Stocker or Salah

Lol, it make Salah seems like on Messi level already. Btw, is Stocker that good?

video for salah highlights last night shows how poor he is, i really not sure when he going to grow up and play like he did with bazal FC or at egyption premier league ,he was dribbling 2 or more players and aim to score he was competin CFs on team scorer, but in chelsea i c him so poor he has the quality but still playing unprofessional and taking time to decide specially at min 1:24 where he could dribble as he he used to and go forward but again he pass ball back ....hope he grow up and if he didnt , he should find another team at winter transfer for him and his future to move on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtqXt5W_1SE

He got a bit better towards the end of last season. It will be fairer to assess him though in just under a year's time. I think with all players bar Oscar (who probably did the opposite) who play in a similar position to Salah we did see improvement from them as the season went on. Hazard, Schurrle, and Willian (to a lesser extent) all improved as last season went on, and that's all you want to see really, progress. Salah now has had time to settle in, so we should be seeing progress from him next season.

At the moment, I'd say Salah is a decent squad player to have and that's it really. He hasn't necessarily done badly since joining but for a top club and given the other options we have in the attacking areas, he's isn't up to the level we want him to be yet but in saying that he deserves more time. I'd say Salah is a bit hit and miss with us at the moment, does some good things but then sometimes he let's himself down a bit when on the ball. Needs to work on his end product and retaining the ball a bit better but he should be given time to improve on that.

It is hard to see some of his performances for Chelsea compared to how he plays for the NT. He is a player that makes great runs, but not the greatest with the ball at his feet.

I personally believe he can make it at Chelsea, but he will have to do it this season. Chelsea aren't a club to keep players for the sake of it with the exception of you know who!

Let's face it, he was bought because we sold Mata and Bruyne and needed someone in case a starter got injured which eventually happened.

I hope he will leave after this season or goes on loan.

He's 21!!!!!! Wtf, he is a good player who can improve. Sheesh.

I think that Salah tries to cut inside the pitch too much when he would be better running down the wings with the ball. I don't think he has the neat ball control or technique to cut in side at the moment.

So I feel that he is not very effective against defensive teams and is better on the break where he has space.

But I guess this is the same for all of our attacking players from last season

video for salah highlights last night shows how poor he is, i really not sure when he going to grow up and play like he did with bazal FC or at egyption premier league ,he was dribbling 2 or more players and aim to score he was competin CFs on team scorer, but in chelsea i c him so poor he has the quality but still playing unprofessional and taking time to decide specially at min 1:24 where he could dribble as he he used to and go forward but again he pass ball back ....hope he grow up and if he didnt , he should find another team at winter transfer for him and his future to move on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtqXt5W_1SE

i just want to say why i said he should move if he didnt sucess, because some players style dont match with some clubs not means he bad player but as i said he has the quality but the way his mate playing with him sometimes they dont read him and same for him ...many 1-2 touches not complete because he not linked with them he pass the ball and run waiting for the 2nd touch but the ball goes back..... he might find himself on another big team like sturridge did and thats was same opinion of Lukaku

He's 21!!!!!! Wtf, he is a good player who can improve. Sheesh.

He is 22 and thats the truth why he was bought. Add to the fact we don't need him as we have enough AM in the team and he will probably stay on the bench the entire season.

He is 22 and thats the truth why he was bought. Add to the fact we don't need him as we have enough AM in the team and he will probably stay on the bench the entire season.

He played well last season, better than Oscar from the time he got here. He will play.