Ricardo Rodriguez

Leighton Baines has never been fast but still been the best fullback in England for a few years. Alaba and Lahm (who is not fast anymore either) are surely better players and would be better players if that dickhead Pep would actually play them there.

Baines has never been the best fullback in the League, not even close. Besides Baines has always been praised for his set piece delivery & crossing not his defensive talents. No one thinks he's a great defender.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodriguez would've gotten murdered against Montero just as Ivanovic did. He's just too slow to be a top class fullback. "Best FB in Germany" when Alaba & Lahm exist lol.

Lahm has pace? He doesn't even play fb ffs. Didn't realize you need pace to be successful

• 9 months later...

One of the best left backs in the world... and he's off to Arsenal as it seems. This is probably the best time to buy him. He's only 23 and Wolfsburg won't play in Europa League. What the fuck are we doing?

Kicker is very reliable.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/652838/artikel_wolfsburg_rodriguez-vor-dem-absprung.html#omsmtwkicker

Don't worry!.....we got Baba <_< Oh and Rudiger in a few days....
I would have never have thought to grow jealous of Arsenals' signing and yet here we are :lol: Xhaka or whater his name is and Rodriguez before the euros while we're still jerking off on the thought of bringing Lukaku back. Nice going.
I can't believe this shit.

Isn't Kicker the German sun? Anyways, for all he's worth I see people questioning him defensively. The fact that people speak so highly of him and he still hasn't moved to a top club makes me a bit skeptical about all the hype around him. 

Doesn't mean he isn't good.

Ffs why are we in for him. Fukin board must be sleeping. Even arsenal has more ambition then us.

I presume you mean "aren't". He's decent going forward and good at set pieces, but he's suspect defensively. Not the answer IMO

Umm because we have Ake, baba and da silva (who happens to be sitting in the youth academy). So many people ready and willing to want to see us spend needless money AGAIN and AGAIN for positions where its not needed. 

2 hours ago, It's too big said:

Umm because we have Ake, baba and da silva (who happens to be sitting in the youth academy). So many people ready and willing to want to see us spend needless money AGAIN and AGAIN for positions where its not needed. 

That's assuming we used them. 

Because otherwise we will have the same problem as Mourinho. Complain that we don't spend because we don't want to gamble on youth...

3 hours ago, It's too big said:

As I see it, Baba should be sold, Aké used as back up option and Da Silva is far from ready.
FB does happen to be one of the positions where we need reinforcements, we have only Azpi. While Rodriguez can be considered suspect defensively, I would have him here without thinking twice.

9 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I presume you mean "aren't". He's decent going forward and good at set pieces, but he's suspect defensively. Not the answer IMO

that is key, our set pieces are terrible, either hit the first man or float into th keeper

that is key, our set pieces are terrible, either hit the first man or float into th keeper

That's is what you're gonna get with Willian taking them more often than not.

On 5/28/2016 at 7:28 PM, Blue_Fox_ said:

As I see it, Baba should be sold, Aké used as back up option and Da Silva is far from ready.
FB does happen to be one of the positions where we need reinforcements, we have only Azpi. While Rodriguez can be considered suspect defensively, I would have him here without thinking twice.

Unfortunately, we're stuck with Baba.

People are confused as to why we haven't confirmed any transfers??? Really? It's because Conte is focused on achieving whatever he needs to with Italy at the Euros and not on Chelsea at the moment. I'm sure this is also stopping PSV signing MvG on a permanent deal. If he didn't have to manage Italy I am sure we'd see a bit more activity in the market....

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

People are confused as to why we haven't confirmed any transfers??? Really? It's because Conte is focused on achieving whatever he needs to with Italy at the Euros and not on Chelsea at the moment. I'm sure this is also stopping PSV signing MvG on a permanent deal. If he didn't have to manage Italy I am sure we'd see a bit more activity in the market....

Not sure about that. Im sure hes already told cfc who he wants. There's no real necessity for him to be sitting at Cobham for us to sign anyone. That's if he even truely gets much of a say in transfers at all

Why would either Arsenal or United be after an expensive LB? United have Luke Shaw and Monreal just came off of an excellent season for Arsenal.

We really should be in for him and should've bought him a couple of years ago instead of Luis. Doubt were even interested, though. Baba will be given a chance I think.

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

Why would either Arsenal or United be after an expensive LB? United have Luke Shaw and Monreal just came off of an excellent season for Arsenal.

We really should be in for him and should've bought him a couple of years ago instead of Luis. Doubt were even interested, though. Baba will be given a chance I think.

Well Rodriguez would easily replace Monreal I think, a lot of Arsenal fans would say the same. You're right re United though, Mourinho seems to be a fan of Shaw and made inside remarks on how he was basically too expensive for us but now that he's got him.. 

The only reason I'm cautious is.. Well why's it taken so long for any real interest to emerge? This guy was the wankfest of this forum in the days we were looking more and more likely to sign Luis. Although I doubt even if we bought RR he would have not been sold anyway! :lol:. I don't know. Maybe it's because of all the bias views I've heard, but it makes me think there's gotta be a primary reason why no-one's approached to sign when he's supposedly the best in the world at what he does...  

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You