Ricardo Rodriguez

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

For everyone screaming "sign him" are you also of the same sort who say "play the youth"?

We sign Rodriguez for 20m, we loaned out Baba who we spent 18m on. What happens to Aina throughout this process?

So you thing we don't need reinforcement in Fullback ?

Ivanovic can't be a first choice, so if we sign Rodriguez, we have just Aina and Ivanovic as sub for these postions. That's really the minimum.

So Aina has no problem to be included in the first squad and Conte could easily give him a chance.

He has a big potential and I wish he will be our next Ash, but we can't just send the kid as a first choice for the whole season. He needs to progress step by step.

When baba will come back next year(if we decide to keep him), Iva will probably go out.

This season will be harder than last years, and we need guaranteed.

10 minutes ago, Ayioros said:

So you thing we don't need reinforcement in Fullback ?

Ivanovic can't be a first choice, so if we sign Rodriguez, we have just Aina and Ivanovic as sub for these postions. That's really the minimum.

So Aina has no problem to be included in the first squad and Conte could easily give him a chance.

He has a big potential and I wish he will be our next Ash, but we can't just send the kid as a first choice for the whole season. He needs to progress step by step.

When baba will come back next year(if we decide to keep him), Iva will probably go out.

This season will be harder than last years, and we need guaranteed.

I'm not saying anything I'm only asking the questions here. What does signing Ricardo do for Aina? Ricardo is 23, if we sign him it clearly blocks Aina's progression into the first team, no?

5 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I'm not saying anything I'm only asking the questions here. What does signing Ricardo do for Aina? Ricardo is 23, if we sign him it clearly blocks Aina's progression into the first team, no?

I think he would still be backup LB/RB.

RR starting LB

Azpi starting RB

Aina/Ivanovic backups

His progression isnt blocked, it is more difficult and breeds competition which improves quality. 

7 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Aina can play RB

Why does it block it?

LB: Rodriguez & Baba

RB: Azpi & Aina

Nothing wrong with that.

1 minute ago, akgw13 said:

I think he would still be backup LB/RB.

RR starting LB

Azpi starting RB

Aina/Ivanovic backups

His progression isnt blocked, it is more difficult and breeds competition which improves quality. 

Okay so for you its "if he's good enough he will play" I'm of that same thought process.

9 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Tbh i think not.

He'll don't have his place in strating XI in the short run, but he can easily progress like a second choice. A season means many games, so many possiblity to play, to prove in training.

And everything happens fast in football, he could benefit from an injury or a bad series from Azpi/Rodriguez (or other).

And in the long run, if he confirms his potential, no doubt he could be a master piece.

2 minutes ago, Ayioros said:

Tbh i think not.

He'll don't have his place in strating XI in the short run, but he can easily progress like a second choice. A season means many games, so many possiblity to play, to prove in training.

And everything happens fast in football, he could benefit from an injury or a bad series from Azpi/Rodriguez (or other).

And in the long run, if he confirms his potential, no doubt he could be a master piece.

now I know you don't really believe that. We've seen it with our own club millions of times. First choice players get the lion share of work and the back up gets maybe 5-10 games, is that enough for a young player to kick on and improve?

1 hour ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

For everyone screaming "sign him" are you also of the same sort who say "play the youth"?

We sign Rodriguez for 20m, we loaned out Baba who we spent 18m on. What happens to Aina throughout this process?

The youth thing is a problem because we want to play them but we get managers that are not good for that.

If you want youth why go for Mourinho? If you want youth why go for Conte? You need managers like Pochetino or Bielsa that are known to bring youth.

If Aina is good enough he will eventually start games. 

The problem is not with bringing another fullback here, but rather the trust we have in Aina. If Conte believes in Aina, he will give him chances. If he doesnt believe, it wont matter if we have 1 or 10 fullbacks because in such case even Willian, Zouma etc will play ahead of Ain as auxillary players. but I think Conte will give Aina chance either way. So if RR comes, it wont stall the progress. On other hand, if Aina wont be good enough, he wont be good enough. No point in playing him in first if he wont deliver.

4 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

now I know you don't really believe that. We've seen it with our own club millions of times. First choice players get the lion share of work and the back up gets maybe 5-10 games, is that enough for a young player to kick on and improve?

If Aina play 10 games in the XI start and has several replacement in the season, i think it's enough to improve. 

Don't forget he will be trained by Conte, and alongside talented players, so he will learn a lot, matchs are not the only way to improve.

And like i said, the kid can play on the both side. So he could easily benefit of an injury/suspension/ form decrease from first choice players.

You really want start season with Aina on the right with no real guaranteed and with just Ivanovic in backup ? For me that's madness. 

Don't forget we absolutely must finish top 4, and can't afford to miss UCL a second time in row. In this case, for me, there is no place for undecided choices.
Rodriguez is top class player on the left, we must do anything to sign him.

If Aina confirms his potential he could be a first choice soon, no doubt.

57 minutes ago, Ayioros said:

If Aina has 10 games in the XI start and several replacement in the season, i think it's enough to improve. 

Don't forget he will be trained by Conte, and alongside talented players, so he will learn a lot, matchs are not the only way to improve.

And like i said, the kid can play on the both side. So he could easily benefit of an injury/suspension/ form decrease from our first choice.

You really want start season with Aina on the right with no real guaranteed and with just Ivanovic in backup ? For me that's madness. 

Don't forget we absolutely must finish top 4, and can't afford to miss UCL a second time in row. In this case, for me, there is no place for undecided choice.
Rodriguez is top class player on the left, we must do anything to sign him.

first of all no manager will ever rotate his back 4 as much as you're suggesting here. At most, Aina gets about 5-10 appearances and that's based on who we play in cups and of course injuries. Filipe Luis made 9 appearances for Chelsea, I don't expect Aina to get anywhere near that.

Players don't improve all that much on the training pitch, all young talents need actual minutes in real game situations to improve, that's the whole point of loaning them out to gain experience.

Again I never once said anything about what I want vs. what will likely happen, I simply wanted to know if the same people who are banging on about the youth policy are the same people who want Rodriguez.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You