Ricardo Rodriguez

Christ, if we get another excellent CM and Rodriguez for LB..... this summer will start to look like it should.

I really like the fact that Conte has been getting a good look at the players as early as he can --plus, he was a solid CM himself. 

How many times have Chelsea had a manager who was formerly top CM for a big club in his playing career?  don't tell me about Gullit; he was a crap manager.

Carlo?

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baba has been allowed to go for a reason IMO, we have our eye on another option. 

I'm hoping that Conte has actually realised we have our laces tied together in the wing back areas.

I'm even more optimistic to think we've already got Baba's replacement in the bag.

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Everyone who regularly takes free kicks does that. 

yeah, and it is an understated weakness of ours. with mata and lampard I expected a chance from every set piece. now i hardly bother watching

3 hours ago, lucio said:

yeah, and it is an understated weakness of ours. with mata and lampard I expected a chance from every set piece. now i hardly bother watching

Lampard was pretty balls at the end.  Free kicks were guaranteed to be hammered in to the wall. 

17 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Lampard was pretty balls at the end.  Free kicks were guaranteed to be hammered in to the wall. 

true, but I am more concerned about delivery of crosses from set pieces, will always find someone able to shoot

8 minutes ago, lucio said:

true, but I am more concerned about delivery of crosses from set pieces, will always find someone able to shoot

Yeah, he could still take a corner and whip in a cross from FKs.  We haven't really had a good (direct) free kick taker in a while.  Mata was accurate, no pace on the ball though (sums it up, I suppose).  Drogba and Ballack were the last good ones.  

I know Willian had a good season last season (just the beginning), but a couple of those were crosses that the keeper messed up.  I need to see more consistency before I say he's a really good free kick taker.  

I've wanted him like forever ago. He's not the fastest player on the pitch which is why he hasn't been linked with bigger clubs but his servicing, set piece delivery and his aerial ability make him a tantalizing piece!

Hasn't had the best of seasons in recently but still an upgrade to what we have.

On 8/9/2016 at 0:43 PM, xPetrCechx said:

It's beyond me how we are not after this guy...

a price tag of around 20 mil... 

:ph34r:

Agreed.  Given our available players at the back seems like he'd be a worthwhile addition, especially for that price tag.

On 10.08.2016 г. at 3:41 AM, Sovieticus said:

It's because this transfer makes sense.

Unfortunately yes... This transfer would mean a new LB and finally Azpi on the RB, which would mean no Ivanovic there at last... But only in my dreams.

1 hour ago, King11Didier said:

Unfortunately yes... This transfer would mean a new LB and finally Azpi on the RB, which would mean no Ivanovic there at last... But only in my dreams.

Cant't do that man it makes too much fuckin sense! Maybe we put Mikel there or try out RLC. Might find his proper position.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You