• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just reading this thread has made be nervous about the title race but at the same time reassured me that we can actually do it. City will be a tricky one but I think that if Jose lines up 4-3-3 against City with their 4-4-2 we could cause an upset. Obviously Yaya is our worry but this season and especially against Swanswea he seems to fancy himself as a striker and likes to leave space in midfield. If we play a high-pressing counter attack game against them at the Etihad I really fancy our chances. Willian and Azpi I'm 100% sure will take care of zabaleta and navas.

• 3 weeks later...

City difficult games left:

Us at home

Arsenal away

MU away- not really hard :D

Everton away

Liverpool away

I can see them dropping 2 points against us if we are lucky, but then again we will be dropping 2 ourselves so nothing to brag about. The rest I actually think they could win all, maybe apart from Liverpool. Overall our chances are as good as over imo.

A readworthy post by a goon from Arsenal Mania.

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=318322&start=5580

It's quite obvious why when you look beyond the surface. I said before the game that Chelsea are a bigger threat than City, and this game only went to strengthen this opinion.

People don't realise that the first two thirds of a season are a walk in the park compared to the last third. Which is when each team is truly tested to its absolute limits. That's why we are sitting on top of the table, and still many don't believe we will win it. Simply because the main part of the season is yet to come.

City have the weakest depth of all the challengers. It took one injury in CM for Demichelis to start. Nasri is already out for the season, and Aguero has missed two months in the last three or so. They've got guys like Clichy, Garcia, Richards, Boyata, Lescott, Milner and Rodwell in their second XI. Do you honestly think these guys are going to cut it when they need to rotate? Both us and Chelsea are comfortably stronger than City in this department. We also have key injuries in our squad, whilst Chelsea have none. No ******* injuries to any key players, whatsoever.

City are playing knockout CL football for the first time and have to face Barcelona in two draining games either side of their league challenge. I would bet on them dropping points after the CL games. eye4goal pointed out in another thread that City dropped most of their points this season after playing in Europe. I expect the same again. Chelsea on the other hand won two European trophies in their last two seasons, and have to face Galatasaray. They have shown that they are unfazed when it comes to dealing with European ties.

Lastly, City have to go away to Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd and Everton, 4 of the toughest away games of the PL calendar. Chelsea in contrast have the easiest run-in of the the three. They've also got the best record in the big games this season and have the meanest defence. Beat United and Liverpool in consecutive games a few weeks back. They let in one goal against City, the club everyone is creaming over, in two games defeating them twice, quite easily might I add. If today didn't show why Chelsea are the main threat, I don't know what will.

**** Chelsea, the moment they went with 3 DM's, I knew the ***** will pull it off.

A readworthy post by a goon from Arsenal Mania.

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=318322&start=5580

That Taylor Gang Gunners dude or something like that sounds pretty bitter. Must be that he hasn't won in 8 years.

Good read though, thanks.

Next five fixtures for the clubs in the top of the table.

Arsenal: Liverpool (A), Man United (H), Sunderland (H), Stoke City (A), Swansea (H)

Man City: Norwich (A), Sunderland (H), Stoke (H), Aston Villa (H), Hull (A)

Chelsea: Newcastle (H), WBA (A), Everton (H), Fulham (A), Tottenham (H)

Liverpool: Arsenal (H), Fulham (A), Swansea (H), Southampton (A), Sunderland (H)

Every match in this league is tough, but it looks like Arsenal are having the most difficult matches during the upcoming weeks. The situation in the table is so exciting at the moment, and this is what football is about!

City have some very fabourable fixtures next six but as already said they have some away fixtures to come and hopefully after our result last night they have lost that aura of invincibility at home!

We are clicking into place. Very solid at the back and electric going forward and i think the belief is there. Last night was a typical Mourinho performance! Stating the obvious but we have a very very very good chance.

Yesterday strengthened my original argument in the summer, Chelsea should be winning the title this season. We have the best squad in the league with a good amount good depth (a couple of injuries in the City side and they go completely wayward) and have gone through now most of the difficult games this season and anything less would be a masive disappointment, contrary to what some keep claiming that we are in transition and should be looking at next season, not from my perspective.

I'd really hate to see Arsenal win it.

They are most definately not the best team.. but after years they've found stabillity.

We might just win it this season, but we have to kill the "little" teams like City do. And ofc we're already set on the big games thing (City should learn from us).