• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To win the league:

* We need to win every game.

* Need City to lose 5 points till the end.

* Liverpool can win every game, but to lose against us.

That CIty-Arsenal draw left some chance... i thought City will take that big chance today and they didnt, not quite sure about them now.

Before Vila game everyone were saying we just need to win all our games, then we lost. We beat Arsenal and everyone were still very optimistic (because we had easiest fixture of all), then we lost against Palace yesterday, and people are still talking we need to win every game... Well, we are not winning every game and we probably won't win every game until the end!!!

14 games, 12 wins and 2 draws. I think that was pur streak before villa. We were winning ganes.

It was 11 wins and 3 draws actually. Either way, think people were a tad too optimistic if they thought we were going to unbeaten for the rest of the season or win all our league games. True, we were winning games but we were also dropping some points along the way and it was going to be that way till May. We will win games but also drop a few here and there, one way or another. If anything, what we needed was to drop fewer points than Liverpool and Man City but unfortunately, seems like we have dropped a little bit too much.

It shouldn't be all doom and gloom. Did anyone expect us to win the title this season? Well, let me rephrase that - with this squad and any other manager, we wouldn't stand a chance. The only reason people suspected we were in with a shout this time round is because of Mourinho. We're a good couple of players away from being genuine title contenders. But that bodes well - we'll end up missing out by 4-6 points maximum this season. That's without a proper right-back, any truly decent midfielders (Matic aside - Lampard is too old to play consistently well, Ramires is too inconsistent, Luiz excels in some games and is poor in others, Essien was simply terrible!) and without any strikers at all (Torres and Ba are dire; Eto'o hasn't quite been a revelation but still acceptable, but nowhere near Suarez, Sturridge, Negredo, Aguero, etc.). For me that bodes well for the next couple of seasons.

Get Azpi over on the right, bring in a replacement for Cole and we genuinely have the best defence in English (and European?) football. Potentially another midfielder to sit alongside Matic (someone in the Witsel mould as a box to box marauder). bring back Lukaku and sign Costa. Then, not only will we be the best side in England, we'll be as good as anyone (bar Bayern and Real Madrid) in European football, in my honest opinion. AND we have Mourinho.

It was 11 wins and 3 draws actually. Either way, think people were a tad too optimistic if they thought we were going to unbeaten for the rest of the season or win all our league games. True, we were winning games but we were also dropping some points along the way and it was going to be that way till May. We will win games but also drop a few here and there, one way or another. If anything, what we needed was to drop fewer points than Liverpool and Man City but unfortunately, seems like we have dropped a little bit too much.

My bad. Must have remembered it wrong.

I agree with what u said but is not that obvious. I mean we are just optimistic, I mean I still am, but look at pool fans. You ll think they have already won the league. A good streak will do that to the fans.

Anyways, I was just thinking how diifferent it would have been if etoo was fit for both games. Massive differebce. Even 2 points from these 2 games and we would be right in it.

We can absolutely still win it, don't kid yourselves folks. I don't think we will, but we definitely can. City will not win either of their games on Merseyside, I'm pretty confident of that. If they do, it's goodnight Irene. But I don't think they will. If Liverpool beat City... and we beat Liverpool......

Obviously I'm just speculating. CAN we win it? Yes, absolutely. WILL we? Probably not. We're third favourites as it stands. But there are 18 more points available to us. Pick up a minimum of five wins and we put ourselves in with a shot.

My bad. Must have remembered it wrong.

I agree with what u said but is not that obvious. I mean we are just optimistic, I mean I still am, but look at pool fans. You ll think they have already won the league. A good streak will do that to the fans.

But even then, you gotta admit they are a 'special' bunch of people. The delusional ones..

Anyways, I was just thinking how diifferent it would have been if etoo was fit for both games. Massive differebce. Even 2 points from these 2 games and we would be right in it.

Maybe we shouldn't have chased it against Villa and leave ourselves open against 11 men. Played straight into Villa's approach play. As for Palace, well, shame we couldn't even create meaningful chances and even when we did get them on the rare occasion, we fluffed it.

If we win all our remaining matches we're finishing over Pool . Yes, I'd prefer if we go to Anfield not in "win or die" position, but maybe that'll be the motivation the team needs.

Also there is still Pool-City game in which someone is losing points (preferably both).

I must be one of very few on here but i would rather see Liverpool win it if we don't. I don't like Liverpool in any way, shape or form but i fucking HATE City, their fans and some of their players (nasri, clichy, kolarov, milner, dzeko) with a passion!