• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's over yet. We're gonna have to win the remaining six games and then see what happens...

People have said that before. Win our last 7 games and see what happens. Then, we only need City to drop (at least 4) points.

Now, we need Liverpool to drop points as well (at least 3) and City to drop 7 points!

dude don't take me wrong. But did you put us at the top of the table? No, the manager and the players did. If they couldn't sustain it, it doesn't make them a failure, it makes the team limited - as Mourinho said it was (as well as many of us) from the beginning. Yeah, WE lost the title with two ridiculous losses. But we had matches like that way more often in the previous years and this season the last two away matches weren't the only ones.

Mourinho made several mistakes today imo, but our inability to play tight defenses isn't something new.

But my point is, I don't get how people blame Jose and the players for something that wasn't even in the books for us this season, but that they unexpectedly put us there... we don't have strikers, and still we were in the fight until the end. That's quite the accomplishment. Jose would have made Liverpool the champion with a comfortable lead at this stage or a better partner for Eto'o would have made us champions. Nothing will change that imo, but it's unfair to blame the people who made it possible in the first place to lose it. We were never ready.

So did no one expect Chelsea to win the league? I did. It was a 2 team race( so i thought) at the beginning of the year. This year would be a failure considering we have the best manager, and good players everywhere but ST. And one of the best young players in the world. Limited is abase nice way of putting it. Chelsea is collapsing. Just cause we didn't lose as much as last year its a success? Umm, i dont think so. I didn't want Chelsea to finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th. I wanted them to finish first. They obviously can play for the title and should win, they have beat the top teams all year. Just cause YOU didn't expect them to win the title, they had it and blew it. They are definitely to blame.

So did no one expect Chelsea to win the league? I did. It was a 2 team race( so i thought) at the beginning of the year. This year would be a failure considering we have the best manager, and good players everywhere but ST. And one of the best young players in the world. Limited is abase nice way of putting it. Chelsea is collapsing. Just cause we didn't lose as much as last year its a success? Umm, i dont think so. I didn't want Chelsea to finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th. I wanted them to finish first. They obviously can play for the title and should win, they have beat the top teams all year. Just cause YOU didn't expect them to win the title, they had it and blew it. They are definitely to blame.

It is transition remember :ph34r:

People have said that before. Win our last 7 games and see what happens. Then, we only need City to drop (at least 4) points.

Now, we need Liverpool to drop points as well (at least 3) and City to drop 7 points!

We beat Liverpool at Anfield, City lose one and draw two of their remaining 9 matches. Problem solved, we're champions.

I could quote you a lot of posts from a lot of people when the season started. The players and especially Mourinho put us there when I (and a lot of people in this forum) thought that we wouldn't win it when the season began because it was a transitional season. We did just as good as a expected if I look at the position we might end. Fighting for the title was unexpected imo, but short-lived too. So everything is exactly like many of us expected it to be. The reason why we lost matches recently is exactly the reason why we thought at the beginning of the season we wouldn't win it: we aren't stable enough. It's very simple imo.

If you had different expectations - whether they're realistic or not - and think the team is collapsing, I can only disagree with you. But I expect a lot of posts like yours to come around. If a team isn't ready because the players are too young and inexperienced when the season starts and there's a new manager with new tactics coming, why are we blaming them for not being stable when the season ends? I think people who's expected more than we accomplished were/are fooling themselves with unlikely expectations.

The fact that we even came this close to winning it with teams like Liverpool and City battering everyone around should be taken as a positive sign for things to come. Which sensible person could've imagined us coming this far and being only a few wins short against such teams? Especially when you compare their frontline with ours. Sturridge-Suarez, Aguero-Dzeko...

I stand by Jose on this point, we may have the skill. But not the right attitude. The squad's still too young for this. I find enough solace in beating all those big fish we've already beaten. I'm going to be expecting more the next season for sure though.

Well considering having the 2nd most expensive team in the league and probably 3rd best squad, anything under 3rd was unacceptable anyway. Next season anything but definite title means it is a failure unless we win the CL.

And won CL, FA Cup + Europa league.

Simply papered over the cracks. What we have now is a proper team being built and stability. If you would rather have Rafa Benitez in charge taking us to a Europa League then goody for you.

This club is in the best shape it's been in for years.

Well considering having the 2nd most expensive team in the league and probably 3rd best squad, anything under 3rd was unacceptable anyway. Next season anything but definite title means it is a failure unless we win the CL.

you may think money buys everything, sweetie, but you're wrong. It makes things a lot easier, but when a team has even more money than us, even this point is moot.

I hope you get banned at some point - although they don't do it for stupidity - you're by far the worst poster this forum has ever had since I'm here. ofc there were trollers, opposition fans, but the things you say seriously are just idiotic and stupid. You never make sense, never.

Just read what you said. 2nd most expensive, 3rd best squad. What did you expect, moron? And again, money doesn't play football, football isn't about logic and I don't expect you to understand that.

I have no patience with people like you.