• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City have dropped 2 points against Arsenal. Ended 1-1.

If Liverpool win all their remaining 7 games, they'll win the league...

If City win all their eight remaining games, they'll win the league, so what exactly is your point here? Why assume a team that concedes like crazy could win all their matches, including City and us, and the other won't?

The thing about football is that it is totally unpredictable. Anything can happen. Arsenal sucking as they are can draw to City as much as we can lose to Palace being outplayed in the process. We make predictions based on logic, and the logical things happen 80% of time, but then there's the unpredictability in the other 20 that makes this sport awesome.

If you want to assume Liverpool will win all their matches - with their shaky defense, I'll assume City will win all their matches instead. At least their defense is more consistent most time.

If City win all their eight remaining games, they'll win the league, so what exactly is your point here? Why assume a team that concedes like crazy could win all their matches, including City and us, and the other won't?

The thing about football is that it is totally unpredictable. Anything can happen. Arsenal sucking as they are can draw to City as much as we can lose to Palace being outplayed in the process. We make predictions based on logic, and the logical things happen 80% of time, but then there's the unpredictability in the other 20 that makes this sport awesome.

If you want to assume Liverpool will win all their matches - with their shaky defense, I'll assume City will win all their matches instead. At least their defense is more consistent most time.

Both of you said "if" and I don't think it means assumption, just a conditional statement.

city drew, its sad. we couldve gained 2 points today but decided to shoot ourselves in the foot. if we won today i would've be quite confident in our chances actually. its not over, although more unlikely than before.

Before that Villa game I stupidly thought we were going to win it but we've played well all season and just when we need to win, we are throwing it away :(

chelsea you are breaking my heart :(

Seriously?

Except the 'big games' where we were fantastic, we literally did the minimum in almost all the other games. Our football this season was not good enough to be champions.

I was talking from the point where we were 9 points ahead of city. From that point onwards, we were the favourites. It was oura to lose cos city were going to drop points. If we had won all our remaining matxhes, we defo would have won the league. The villa game and the palace were not the games where we should have dropped points specially knowong the stakes.

that is extremely unlikely. Chelsea were always going to drop points. and it was not actually a 9 point lead. City had games in hand

when was the last time chelsea played a good game away from home anyway? Not great at West Brom, Fulham either.

that is extremely unlikely. Chelsea were always going to drop points. and it was not actually a 9 point lead. City had games in hand

when was the last time chelsea played a good game away from home anyway? Not great at West Brom, Fulham either.

Its just the way people say "if pool wim there remaining 7 matches, they will win the league". Or "if city win their remaining 8 matches, they will win the league".

Even before the villa game, when we were 9 points ahead and city had 12 (I think) games left to play, people said "if city win all their remaining games, they will win the league".

The simple fact is, before the villa game, we were the favourites to win the league. We had the "easiest" of run-ins. We had the points in the bag rather than games in hand. These 2 losses have pegged us back.

All we can do now is win ALL our remaining 6 and PRAY.

Its just the way people say "if pool wim there remaining 7 matches, they will win the league". Or "if city win their remaining 8 matches, they will win the league".

Even before the villa game, when we were 9 points ahead and city had 12 (I think) games left to play, people said "if city win all their remaining games, they will win the league".

The simple fact is, before the villa game, we were the favourites to win the league. We had the "easiest" of run-ins. We had the points in the bag rather than games in hand. These 2 losses have pegged us back.

All we can do now is win ALL our remaining 6 and PRAY.

never the favorites. even with an easy run in, it's not like chelsea were putting away the lower sides.