I could quote you a lot of posts from a lot of people when the season started. The players and especially Mourinho put us there when I (and a lot of people in this forum) thought that we wouldn't win it when the season began because it was a transitional season. We did just as good as a expected if I look at the position we might end. Fighting for the title was unexpected imo, but short-lived too. So everything is exactly like many of us expected it to be. The reason why we lost matches recently is exactly the reason why we thought at the beginning of the season we wouldn't win it: we aren't stable enough. It's very simple imo.

If you had different expectations - whether they're realistic or not - and think the team is collapsing, I can only disagree with you. But I expect a lot of posts like yours to come around. If a team isn't ready because the players are too young and inexperienced when the season starts and there's a new manager with new tactics coming, why are we blaming them for not being stable when the season ends? I think people who's expected more than we accomplished were/are fooling themselves with unlikely expectations.

There's nothing wrong with high expectations, I didn't expect them to win the treble but I did expect a run at the title. Everyone saying we're young and inexperienced is ridiculous. Liverpool don't have all the experience in the PL. Chelsea is still talented and there is no reason to dismiss this collapse because they're "not ready". I'll be fine with a top 3 finish and SF in UCL, but lets not act like this loss doesn't hurt and it's not a big deal. It is. Next year we'll be even better though, hopefully.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply papered over the cracks. What we have now is a proper team being built and stability. If you would rather have Rafa Benitez in charge taking us to a Europa League then goody for you.

This club is in the best shape it's been in for years.

Naaa I don't want Rafa here or Europa league ever again, just stating a fact that technically this is our worst season since 10-11 if we are trophy less. I agree about the 2nd part but then again it is expectations. We should be finishing 3rd min anyway, anything less means we underachieve so Jose is on target but nothing special atm.

What brings me down is losing the title to teams like Crystal Palace and Aston Villa. Clear top 4 finish is still great all things considered. Just disappointed since we came so close.

you may think money buys everything, sweetie, but you're wrong. It makes things a lot easier, but when a team has even more money than us, even this point is moot.

I hope you get banned at some point - although they don't do it for stupidity - you're by far the worst poster this forum has ever had since I'm here. ofc there were trollers, opposition fans, but the things you say seriously are just idiotic and stupid. You never make sense, never.

Just read what you said. 2nd most expensive, 3rd best squad. What did you expect, moron? And again, money doesn't play football, football isn't about logic and I don't expect you to understand that.

I have no patience with people like you.

Yeah that guy is a big time troll.

But he tries to disguise it with his passive aggressive post.

Would rather Liverpool win it than City, it could be a catalyst for City (their winning mentality) whereas Liverpool are just a flash in the pan.

No fucking chance. Liverpool winning the title would be horrendous on every single level. City are going to contend no matter what but having those murdering cunts celebrate a title would be a sickening sight.

Would rather Liverpool win it than City, it could be a catalyst for City (their winning mentality) whereas Liverpool are just a flash in the pan.

That makes no sense. City already have a winning mentality, Liverpool don't. So if that is your worry, you should back City for the title.

Yes this is true, but still people have a big dislike with a passion against Liverpool.

So don't see many people wanting this.

To those who think we should play the youngsters in the Prem....It's a bit far fetched but, still

We finish 4th and United somehow win the CL, no CL for us!

We don't want to finish 4th because you don't get automatic CL football, you have to qualify against some random teams

City and Liverpool lose this weekend and then draw against each other, there may still be a chance.

No fucking chance. Liverpool winning the title would be horrendous on every single level. City are going to contend no matter what but having those murdering cunts celebrate a title would be a sickening sight.

That's also gonna hurt the hateful British media. City or us taking the title will be the biggest 'fuck you' to those cunts.

If both city and pool lose then its not ever, if they even draw then i think its truly over. At this moment, we need city to drop 7 points from their 9 remaining games. Not at all likely looking at their form. I say 2nd place is not bad, we can still finish above the scousers I believe.

I think Jose's attention was always on the CL. We dropped points before the Galatasaray game too, now we are dropping points before PSG. Remember he was saying things like "we are not ready to win the league this season, we are building up the squad" too. Some people said it was mind games but I think it was more a case of, don't build your hopes up because the CL is number one priority.

A lot of people on the forum seem happy to concede to second place. I'm never happy for any team other than Chelsea to win. I understand we can't win everything all the time but you don't enter a competition to get second place.

That makes no sense. City already have a winning mentality, Liverpool don't. So if that is your worry, you should back City for the title.

Of course they don't, they've flopped the CL season after season and only won a title on the last day.. by goal difference.