Basel v Chelsea

Jase

I covered this in previous posts with Barbara. You can agree or disagree, I think Mata can play there and be highly effective too. He's a fantastic player seems some of you are forgetting that because he isn't playing.

No-one is forgetting that. :rolleyes:

What a lot of people forget is just how bad we looked at times last season and how Mata disappeared in games. Only at this club could a guy set the world alight like Oscar has and people still bitch about their favourite not getting game time.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No-one is forgetting that. :rolleyes:

What a lot of people forget is just how bad we looked at times last season and how Mata disappeared in games. Only at this club could a guy set the world alight like Oscar has and people still bitch about their favourite not getting game time.

The same can be said for any player in our team... The reason Mata was our two-time player of the year is because he was our most consistent performer. BTW my favourite player is Oscar! I absolutely LOVE HIM. This is about finding a way to incorporate our best players.

Its badge before names for me, 100%

I covered this in previous posts with Barbara. You can agree or disagree, I think Mata can play there and be highly effective too. He's a fantastic player seems some of you are forgetting that because he isn't playing.

mata IS a fantastic player. no one is doubting that. any1 who does will get there ears boxed in by me. but he is also not the player we need on the wings (imo). mata will have his time. oscar is playing some amazin football at the moment but like with any player he will have a rough period or god forbid, an injury. this is a long season. so far 12 games in PL (less than 1/3rd of the total), have been played. there are 26 more to go, about 10 cup games, and hopefully 9 more CL games to go (including today). so a large part of the season is left and mata will get his chances.

The same can be said for any player in our team... The reason Mata was our two-time player of the year is because he was our most consistent performer. BTW my favourite player is Oscar! I absolutely LOVE HIM. This is about finding a way to incorporate our best players.

Its badge before names for me, 100%

He wasn't actually that consistent. In fact his stats were rather inconsistent at times, but the reason he was player of the year is because he was the spark of magic at times when we were broadly speaking, shit.

Personally I think you can win cups relying on moments of magic from someone like Mata, but leagues are won by teams and I'd rather build the best Chelsea team than the best team that somehow shoehorns Mata into it.

mata IS a fantastic player. no one is doubting that. any1 who does will get there ears boxed in by me. but he is also not the player we need on the wings (imo). mata will have his time. oscar is playing some amazin football at the moment but like with any player he will have a rough period or god forbid, an injury. this is a long season. so far 12 games in PL (less than 1/3rd of the total), have been played. there are 26 more to go, about 10 cup games, and hopefully 9 more CL games to go (including today). so a large part of the season is left and mata will get his chances.

You're not telling me anything I don't know, I know there are a lot of games. This is about getting the best out of our best players. To me if you play Mata on the right with Oscar in Frank's role in a 4-3-3 we would be a very dangerous team... Just my opinion not based on anything I've seen on the pitch since we haven't done it

He wasn't actually that consistent. In fact his stats were rather inconsistent at times, but the reason he was player of the year is because he was the spark of magic at times when we were broadly speaking, shit.

Personally I think you can win cups relying on moments of magic from someone like Mata, but leagues are won by teams and I'd rather build the best Chelsea team than the best team that somehow shoehorns Mata into it.

You are kidding yourself dude... 18 goals 35 assists. Those stats are otherworldly.

Edit: Squads win leagues not individual players.

You are kidding yourself dude... 18 goals 35 assists. Those stats are otherworldly.

His stats of 12 goals and 12 assists in the league last season were fantastic, but he was also a little streaky at times. Don't get me wrong, I think he was great for us in that time but I can also remember occasions when he'd be anonymous and the link between the pivot and the attack simply wasn't there.

His stats of 12 goals and 12 assists in the league last season were fantastic, but he was also a little streaky at times. Don't get me wrong, I think he was great for us in that time but I can also remember occasions when he'd be anonymous and the link between the pivot and the attack simply wasn't there.

So who last year or the year before would you say was more consistent than Mata?

You're not telling me anything I don't know, I know there are a lot of games. This is about getting the best out of our best players. To me if you play Mata on the right with Oscar in Frank's role in a 4-3-3 we would be a very dangerous team... Just my opinion not based on anything I've seen on the pitch since we haven't done it

and u r telling me a story full of ifs. our squad has not had the perfect starts but if u take out newcastle and wba, we were really starting to gel in and start to look like a team. there is no need to make another playbook unless this present become useless.

and u r telling me a story full of ifs. our squad has not had the perfect starts but if u take out newcastle and wba, we were really starting to gel in and start to look like a team. there is no need to make another playbook unless this present become useless.

buddy, West Ham we played 4-3-3. Its a formation I feel is our best, can we stop going around the mulberry bush now?

I don't know if anyone was, but that's not the point I'm arguing so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up.

I brought it up because you said he disappeared in games and how bad he looked. You can say that about virtually every player on our squad the fact is Mata was our most consistent.

I would change almost all the team, I think we can rest at least Oscar, Lampard and Ramires. We have a great team and this is not the more important game we have.

Even if we lose we have an easy game at home after this.

THe League is more important right now then the Champions League.

buddy, West Ham we played 4-3-3. Its a formation I feel is our best, can we stop going around the mulberry bush now?

the only person going round and round is you, buddy. u r the only one talking in ifs and talking about things that might happen and could happen, while i am talking about things that are happening and are most probable for happening.