• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cech

azpi-luiz-JT-bert (if fit)

mikel-rambo

willian-mata-andre

torres

basel should go all out for a win. the only way they stay alive in the group is by winning against us. plus they will have nothing to lose too as the 3rd place spot is pretty much decided. we should be able to play on the counters (very much like the match against basel in europa). i expect a win.

3-1 to us.

Oscar, Iva, JT, Lamps and probably Ramires should be rested, but I am not sure we can do with out him. Is Essien in our CL squad btw?

-------Cech

Azpi-Cahill-Luiz-Bert

---Rami-Mikel------

Willian-Mata-Schürrle

----Torres/Eto'o------

Essien was left out of the squad for Van Ginkel.

Oscar, Iva, JT, Lamps and probably Ramires should be rested, but I am not sure we can do with out him. Is Essien in our CL squad btw?

-------Cech

Azpi-Cahill-Luiz-Bert

---Rami-Mikel------

Willian-Mata-Schürrle

----Torres/Eto'o------

why rest JT? he has played 1 match in 2 weeks' time.

Suspect or would like to think the game plan here would be similar to what Benitez did when we played Basel away back in April; pick an energetic side with pace and stamina to match Basel and one that is capable of pressing and also sit back, defend solidly preparing to them on the counter especially in a game where Basel have to win if they want to qualify for the Last 16.

Suspect or would like to think the game plan here would be similar to what Benitez did when we played Basel away back in April; pick an energetic side with pace and stamina to match Basel and one that is capable of pressing and also sit back, defend solidly preparing to them on the counter especially in a game where Basel have to win if they want to qualify for the Last 16.

that will play into Chelsea's hands a bit. Quick counter-attacks like yesterday and this could be another comfortable game but I doubt Basel will be anything like West Ham going forward

that will play into Chelsea's hands a bit. Quick counter-attacks like yesterday and this could be another comfortable game but I doubt Basel will be anything like West Ham going forward

The onus is on them if they have any ambition to qualify for the KO stage. Moreover, we have practically been playing on the counter in the Champions League away games this season - Steaua and Schalke - and we are likely to do the same again especially a win is not really a necessity for us. Obviously, I wouldn't like seeing us go there and park the bus to just get a point but we are certainly capable of winning there, be it on the counter or being on the front foot, so as long as we actually turned up for the game.

I've watched their last game in the UCL, against Steaua Bucharest and they were pathetic. I don't have anything against Basel, but they were absolutely disastrous in a moment when they really needed the three points. Missed a few chances, but scorred with huge luck, late in the game. Weak defending, poor midfield. We should easily win this and keep up the good form.