Basel v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For most of Mata's career he played as a winger.

he played as a winger for chelsea when we were playing 4-3-3 with our only options being kalouda. right now we have schurlle and willian who can play wings better than mata and moreover satisfy mou's defensive appetite for a winger as well. hence mata should not be considered ahead of these 2. moreover mata is a beast as a CAM. let him play there and do his job.

he played as a winger for chelsea when we were playing 4-3-3 with our only options being kalouda. right now we have schurlle and willian who can play wings better than mata and moreover satisfy mou's defensive appetite for a winger as well. hence mata should not be considered ahead of these 2. moreover mata is a beast as a CAM. let him play there and do his job.

He also played winger at Valencia. If Mata's only option to get on the pitch is playing the wing then I'd play him there ahead of Willian and Schurrle because his contribution greatly outweighs there's provided he has significant cover behind him.

He also played winger at Valencia. If Mata's only option to get on the pitch is playing the wing then I'd play him there ahead of Willian and Schurrle because his contribution greatly outweighs there's provided he has significant cover behind him.

like against newcastle? we are playing better without mata on the wings. this is CFC not mata FC. we should do what is best for chelsea not think about ways of getting juan in the team. mata on the wings is not the way to go with the football we are playing currently and no way ahead of willian/schurrle.

like against newcastle? we are playing better without mata on the wings. this is CFC not mata FC. we should do what is best for chelsea not think about ways of getting juan in the team. mata on the wings is not the way to go with the football we are playing currently and no way ahead of willian/schurrle.

PROVIDED WE HAVE SIGNIFICANT COVER BEHIND HIM.... And Mata wasn't to blame for Newcastle, that was an all around poor effort.

PROVIDED WE HAVE SIGNIFICANT COVER BEHIND HIM.... And Mata wasn't to blame for Newcastle, that was an all around poor effort.

Yeah. Can't draw conclusions based on the one game. But Mata as a winger looks to drift in-field a lot. I'd love a winger who stretches the play wide

think Schurrle, Willian are far better suited. Why should we look to include Mata in the team anyway? The team can do well without him

Mata is our best best playmaker by a mile. If you give him time and space he will pick a team apart. I like Schurrle and Willian but there is no doubt in my mind Mata impacts a game more than either of them.

mata was not to blame but it also was not a co-incidence that we had a poor performance with mazacar on the field.

we dont have significant cover behind him. ivanovic is our RB and if mata plays, he will play on the right wing. hence a no-go.

mata was not to blame but it also was not a co-incidence that we had a poor performance with mazacar on the field.

we dont have significant cover behind him. ivanovic is our RB and if mata plays, he will play on the right wing. hence a no-go.

In a 4-3-3 you'd have Ramires and Ivanovic behind him.

In a 4-3-3 you'd have Ramires and Ivanovic behind him.

so u want us to change the formation of the team and the whole plays of the team and the complete outlook so that is suits juan? seems fair, right?

i am sorry but i seriously doubt this is gonna happen.

so u want us to change the formation of the team and the whole plays of the team and the complete outlook so that is suits juan? seems fair, right?

i am sorry but i seriously doubt this is gonna happen.

In my eyes 4-3-3 is our best tactical formation and we played it with great success on the weekend.

So.. about Basel.. only one key player missing still shouldn't be a stroll ..but we should rest some key players as I feel PL game means more than this CL game

I doubt Jose will rest anyone of the key players. The game to rest players is after qualification is assured.

In my eyes 4-3-3 is our best tactical formation and we played it with great success on the weekend.

we played a different version of 4-3-3. it was more like

---------cech-----------

-------GC---JT---azpi---

---iva-------------------

-----rambo--mikel--lamps----

-----------oscar-------hazard---

----------etoo---------------

with iva still providing the width on the right, rambo covering a hell lot of ground between right and center. oscar still being mainly on the left while hazard on the left and sometimes interchanging the wings. one thing is for sure, oscar will be the no.10 for jose, i have no doubt about it. hazard is another forward/winger who play every important game. so the point is where does mata play even in the 4-3-3, i dont think jose wants to make a CM out of oscar, no way.

we played a different version of 4-3-3. it was more like

---------cech-----------

-------GC---JT---azpi---

---iva-------------------

-----rambo--mikel--lamps----

-----------oscar-------hazard---

----------etoo---------------

with iva still providing the width on the right, rambo covering a hell lot of ground between right and center. oscar still being mainly on the left while hazard on the left and sometimes interchanging the wings. one thing is for sure, oscar will be the no.10 for jose, i have no doubt about it. hazard is another forward/winger who play every important game. so the point is where does mata play even in the 4-3-3, i dont think jose wants to make a CM out of oscar, no way.

I covered this in previous posts with Barbara. You can agree or disagree, I think Mata can play there and be highly effective too. He's a fantastic player seems some of you are forgetting that because he isn't playing.