Newcastle 2-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Can't believe Torres is the X-factor on this team. No surprise we were exposed after an invisible performance.

Seems like we can't create anything unless he dribbles past players himself.

Part of the problem is the fullbacks. They literally offer fuck all in attack. When you watch the likes of Bayern, Atletico, Dortmund etc it just becomes more noticeable.

Azpi, Bertrand, Mikel and Willian have earned their places for Schalke in my eyes. The alternatives haven't been good enough.

150% right on the part in bold.

Our pivot is also part of the problem, with Lampard there, Ramires is restricted to playing like a DM and doesn't burst forward much.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You joined this forum recently, so there is already proof that I've been a longer fan than you.

I joined when the like button wasn't on the forum, there's a reason why good posters like Terminator X and such don't have the same posts to like ratio. But on other forums like The Shed End my post to like ratio is more likes than post.

So it goes to show really, but yeah whatever go and be miserable someplace else, if we won the title you would find something to complain about anyway.

You complain about us not deserving to win the title after a defeat and spewed out an overreaction like a child who lost his candy, and you talk of complaining and miserable habitats? :rolleyes:

Sigh, Ill leave things be. When we win the title in May, please, least show the other members on this forum the common courtesy of not celebrating with them, as they actually supported the club through thick and thin.

Yes, it is sort of wasted. We put in a big effort into beating one of our title rivals and then go screw it up against a lesser side. :doh:

Not to mention the fact that our early loss seems to have lit a fire under both Manchester clubs. Both are 3-0 up with not a half hour gone.

Not a great result but it's not like we were playing superb football on some of the matches we won.

We already had difficulties this season when the other teams were playing deep.

Against Norwich we could have lost that match as before our late goals, Norwich had more chances than us in the second half.

If we had scored the first goal and countered them to death, I'm sure the opinions would have been different.

Our build-up is very negative, we keep the ball in our half between our central defenders, hoping the other team will make mistakes in their pressing and leaving us space than a build-up to really hurt the other team organisation.

And we had already the problem of huge space between our central defense and central midfield when the central midfield is pushing more to support the attacks.

And if they stay in place, we have difficulties to play a quick passing game with quick interchanges of position in the final third.

Yes, it is sort of wasted. We put in a big effort into beating one of our title rivals and then go screw it up against a lesser side. :doh:

if you put it that way so yeah.. its sorf of wasted. i think its easier to grab a win from title rivals than from teams like stoke, newcastle. errghh those teams make me always scrub bottle because their stronghold :angry:

I don't believe people are not supporting the team, they're like me just very upset we wasted a great run and a real chance to go top, there is just some points between top to bottom. I hope it was a very off day and we do better. Today we played like we did start of the season, I didn't see goals coming, particularly when Eto'o came on.

I hope it isn't us going downhill already, a good result against Shalke needed.

Come on Chelsea

Not to mention the fact that our early loss seems to have lit a fire under both Manchester clubs. Both are 3-0 up with not a half hour gone.

Despite all the stick Moyes and United have got, they will be only 3 points behind us after today... :doh:

if you put it that way so yeah.. its sorf of wasted. i think its easier to grab a win from title rivals than from teams like stoke, newcastle. errghh those teams make me always scrub bottle because their stronghold :angry:

Yes, but it's pathetic that we did not keep up the same effort. Nobody turned up today!

Mourinho: 'We were too soft with the ball and too soft without the ball. We were not aggressive enough in possession.' #CFC

Mourinho: 'We gave them 45 minutes of a friendly in the first half and we only had a reaction after they scored the first goal.' #CFCLive

Yup.

At least Mourinho agrees with us the problem was the frigging first time and will be convinced mazacar is a huge no.

I don't care if he plays Oscar or Mata, as long as he doesn't play both. The problem isn't having Hazard with them, is having Oscar and Mata.

So either play one of them, or even none if he must, but not the two.

Mata wasn't bad and Oscar was the guy who created 3 out of our 4 chances of goal in the second half, crossing to Eto'o, Willian and Hazard. But if we have wingers like Schürrle, or players like Willian - that while not a winger himself, plays much better in the wing, why play Mata or Oscar?

Our pressing - which has been the key to our two last wins (not much a factor against Schalke, but still it was good then) was rubbish today.

I can't for the life of me blame Torres as I've seen some blaming and even implying he played like his 'old' Chelsea form. He tried, but the problem was in the guys playing behind him. Oscar didn't participate enough in the first, Mata and Hazard seemed to have wanted to pass the ball in a Barcelona fashion to get inside the net, it seems, but didn't give us anything but a couple of nice exchanges of passes. So how do we blame Torres when one AM doesn't do anything and the other two think they'll pass themselves into the net instead of going for the objective play?

Lamps was terrible, Ramires was shy, Luiz was below par, Cole was what he's been this season for the most part - useless and slow, Ivanovic wasn't bad defending, but God help him attacking... and that's it.

Willian should have started and he changed a bit the game when he came. Schurrle probably touched the ball once in addition to that header (at least I can't remember anything from him), and Eto'o while received service, was always well marked and had his shots blocked.

We were better in the second, after we gave them and their supporters confidence to believe if they tried they could win (because they didn't even try in the first).

So I don't care who Mourinho picks for Schalke between Oscar and Mata, just don't pick both.

Can't believe Torres is the X-factor on this team. No surprise we were exposed after an invisible performance.

Seems like we can't create anything unless he dribbles past players himself.

Part of the problem is the fullbacks. They literally offer fuck all in attack. When you watch the likes of Bayern, Atletico, Dortmund etc it just becomes more noticeable.

Azpi, Bertrand, Mikel and Willian have earned their places for Schalke in my eyes. The alternatives haven't been good enough.

Might as well say it now: Chelsea aren't getting a Premier League pass to the Champions League this season, so if CL next season is a priority despite the suggestions over the summer of "Mourinho's long-term project here," I think it's time to hit the January transfer market early for something in CM.

And, BTW, I'm NOT going to throw Ashley Cole under the bus yet because not only is Ramires babysitting Lampard, but I would say Cole must also. Still think we need much more from a RB though. I don't think Azpi crosses well with his right foot either, but maybe we'll see a little more of that soon enough (?).

Would have been great if we drew, but these kind of results happen and its best that they happen at this stage of the season than later. We're no closer to Arsenal and Liverpool but that's not important right now. Hope we get back to winning ways in the next game itself.

And food for thought...

"Mazacar" does better for Eto'o than Torres (who would prefer a more direct attacker like Schurrle playing alongside him).

And of course, its been clear for a while now...that Lampard struggles when the team is on the back-foot. We really should go for another CM in January, and possibly give Mikel/Essien some more starting chances.

First mistake today was playing mazacar

We just started playing like benitez team and got last seasons performance. Im sure it wont happen again.

We put our best player this season on the wings and wasted the first half.

According to mourinho, 45 mins of a friendly match and exciting flicks between hazard and mata

Im happy we have now seen the results of mazacar,

no penetration,

no speed,

lampard becomes terrible,

torres looks lost again because they are providing him fuck all

and it just completely turned to benitez team lol.

Mazacar just wont work with mourinho's style, i hope its the last time we see it