Newcastle 2-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

nothing to get down about.

Except 5 points difference from the table leader - you know, it irks me more than the game itself, these games happen once in a while. But 5 points with the fact that Arsenal beat Loserpool (game they were expected to lose points in) and that tomorrow we'll be in 3rd place unless Everton and Tottenham draw their game. Really these 5 points right now seem like a mountain to climb.

Today not a single match in all the leagues I follow ended up the way I wanted. Sad.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. We're still finding our best football but for the most part our defense has been really good and we're scoring very efficiently.

well you agree to the fact that the best football still has to be brought, yet you disagree when I say something is still missing.

proof again that alot of comments here are read with only half a brain.

I expected so much from us in this match and it's deeply frustrating to see us play like that.We were rubbish from start to finish. Cant remember if we even tested Krul !!! Please dont tell me we are going to suffer another bleak November.

Let's criticize our only attacking threat today, just because. Ridiculous comment

I wasn't talking about today, I was talking about in general. For a player of his potential he should be doing more imo. Hasn't done it for me this season, seems to be a nailed on starter aswell. Willian, Schurrle and even Mata have made more of an impact with less playing time.

He deserved to be dropped 4 weeks ago but has been better up until City, and today he was ok, despite the players around him.

I find it hard to fathom how the player who creates the most chances in the PL can be labeled absolute bollocks, I guess it's just me.

He had an alright game against City, but when Hazard signed I was expecting he was the one who would shine in such games. Hazard isn't a poor player by any strech of the imagination, He's probably in the top 10 in the Premiership, But if he was dropped for a few games I think he'd come back stronger.

It seems to me that Hazard's problem is lack of football intelligence. He has all the tools but not the method to get the job done. Mata however is the opposite, with limited tools but high level of understanding of the game. Oscar seems to be more balanced out of the three hence is always in the starting 11.

Except 5 points difference from the table leader - you know, it irks me more than the game itself, these games happen once in a while. But 5 points with the fact that Arsenal beat Loserpool (game they were expected to lose points in) and that tomorrow we'll be in 3rd place unless Everton and Tottenham draw their game. Really these 5 points right now seem like a mountain to climb.

Today not a single match in all the leagues I follow ended up the way I wanted. Sad.

We haven't played Arsenal in the league yet... So that's two game vs the Gooners aka 6 points... Problem fixed :Goober:

@BrazilStats

Absolutely shocking. Shows the fight and spirit we gave out there today for 50/50 balls

Forget Mata and his supposed weakness against physical teams, I'm not even sure this team in general can handle physical and direct teams. The minute Newcastle decided to take up that approach in the second half, we couldn't handle it. Like you said, we were then hopelessly losing the 50-50s and mindlessly diving into challenges thinking we can just simply nick the ball but never materialized (almost like how Luiz did with his kamikaze tackle/defending when he first came here). The players were hardly even committed or being strong enough when getting into challenges and tackles. Maybe this is just a one-off bad performance but looking at the game, I dread to think what would happen in our next away game against West Ham, a fixture where we got owned physically last season.

I don't understand why Cundy says he's "stunned" in that call-in show. Mata and Oscar both want to play behind the striker and add no width, both are not fast, right back typically never adds much to any Chelsea attack, and both Ramires and Cole are babysitting Lampard. Meanwhile Torres gets no action. What exactly is stunning about what happens when all this comes together? It's the same inept Chelsea from months and years gone by. Instead of having Drogba, now it's as though 'give the ball to Hazard' is the only outlet going forward. after 15 or 20 minutes, I guess Newcastle could figure it out and wouldn't be scared anymore.

Seems as though apparent "success" blinds Chelsea fans and the pundits to glaring deficiencies that Chelsea have had for a long time.

Not surprising at all. For the whole week, everyone has been going crazy praising us for our last 3 wins. Odds of us winning the PL and CL getting slashed, etc etc. I was expecting this result and this performance.

While Jose has indeed gotten loads of things right this season, his continued insistence of the Lampard-Ramires partnership in midfield is absolutely bewildering. There has been no rotation whatsoever (in meaningful games). Everyone has their opinion on Mikel, but imo Mikel-Ramires provides much more balance and stability. Our pivot is nonexistent in too many of our games. The transition happens directly from defense to attack, bypassing the midfield. We're always looking and waiting for one of our attacking midfielders to start something. Lamps has still qualities to offer but no way should he be a guaranteed starter the way he is atm. He should have started less than half of the games he has. It's ridiculous. Now I'm looking to see whether Jose will play Lamps as a starter throughout the season or will he rotate others in.

Also, my opinion is that while Mata does have obvious deficiencies when compared to Oscar and Hazard in terms of defensive contribution, the other 2 seem to be untouchable even when they're underperforming. I think Hazard has been poor so far this season. By other player's standards, he has been average. But for a player of his potential and talent, it's a shame. Despite this, he is rarely benched or substituted. Same goes for Oscar. He's been class in many games, but when things don't seem to be working out, he can't get into the game at all. His presence is rendered completely useless and doesn't help the team.