Newcastle 2-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

OH NO IT'S TIME TO PANIC PEOPLE!!! We lost game 10 of the season away at St. James Park!!!

Don't look up the sky is falling. Brother, it's a long season, there will be ebbs and flows throughout. No title race is decided after game 10.

Interested to know who you think the contenders are for the title now that Chelsea is in serious doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Come back when you've been to Stamford Bridge.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe today will teach some people not to be so naive when we are on a good run. Just because we have some of the best players in the world, it doesn't mean we don't need to go out and give 100% every time. Well done Newcastle, deserved.

There is no reason to be so pessimistic because of one bad result also!

When was the last time Hazard actually had a good fucking game? His attitude is poor in my opinion, believes his own hype.

Really hasn't been all that for me. Splitting hairs if he's anyone's MOTM today, he was ever so marginally better than most but even that was shite.

Yellow ball syndrome I hope it isn't.

In the last 3 months of Benitez, the central defense never played so deep in possession and there were no 80 passes between our central defenders.

You can be mad after this performance but it's just bullshit what you say.

Was it Benitez team in early season that didn't try to attack Manchester United?

It was a Benitez team when we parked the bus against City, and lost.

There is no reason to be so pessimistic because of one bad result also!

Where is the pessimism in that statement? Just look at the pre-game thread and the amount of people saying stuff like 'easy win' or 'comfortable 3-0'. It's not like I'm saying we're in crisis or anything or slating the players, I'm just saying that it is common on here as soon as we win 3 or so games in a row some people suddenly think every game will be an easy win.

imo we shouldn't be desperate because the problem was the players didn't show any soul, will to win or took the opponent seriously. They'll get their arses kicked by Mourinho, so they'll learn if we want to win the league - something most of them aren't used to - they have to show clutch in every game.

Mourinho will also learn from his bad selection - I hope - and I don't see a reason to be desperate when we came from such a great streak. This loss doesn't mean much in the big picture. Being 5pts behind Arsenal now means little as well, this is only GW10, there's plenty of time to close of gap of feeble 5 points.

I don't think most of us blame Mata, I feel like most who criticized Mazacar blame Mourinho for playing both Oscar and Mata at the same time. Had Willian or even Schürrle started from the go instead of either Oscar or Mata, I'd fancy our chances better.

A few of us were moaning before the game started, when the lineup was released... so it has nothing to do with how Mata performed. He was bad, so was Oscar, with Hazard slightly better in the first, but completely anonymous in the second - which means he was all of the same compared to the other two.

It was a collective mess, that imo, was caused mainly because the players sort of rested in their laurels from the past 6 matches. They didn't take this seriously as they should as I can't believe any of them are tired as most of them only played once in the past 7 days.

I couldn't watch the game. But well, we can't expect to win every match.

The good news is that we have a squad with huge depth, which means we always have room to make changes if we're not doing well. We don't have to be stuck with the same starting 11 like Arsenal for example. We have enough firepower for a full season of success, they don't. I could be wrong but we'll see in the end.

Losing at this stage to City first time round under Jose gave the club a kick up the backside and we went on a run which took us top of the league by a huge margain.

Im not expecting the same again, but hopefully this serves as a wakeup call.

In the last 3 months of Benitez, the central defense never played so deep in possession and there were no 80 passes between our central defenders.

You can be mad after this performance but it's just bullshit what you say.

Was it Benitez team in early season that didn't try to attack Manchester United?

Mourinho's tactics is completely different from benitez.

We press more like dortmund do and attack quickly.

Didn't u notice how our attacking all of a sudden became so slow (like last season) compared to october matches?

With mata and oscar together they both come through the middle and ruin the speed needed on the flanks.

I am not blaming mata, I am blaming mourinho for playing both mata and oscar.

When we needed to stretch newcastle and attack more directly, willian or schurrle should have started. Mourinho now knows this, that's why he noted that we played the match like a friendly in the first half.

When I talked to a colleague of mine, Arsenal fan, about what happened midweek he said, "good they will get the win on Saturday when it matters."

Now I'm wondering whether we did care too much and fielded too many starters (including Ramires) for a pointless cup game.

All in all the strategy backfired; we wanted to dominate a struggling newcastle side, but they've been improving lately.

When was the last time Hazard actually had a good fucking game? His attitude is poor in my opinion, believes his own hype.

Let's criticize our only attacking threat today, just because. Ridiculous comment

When I talked to a colleague of mine, Arsenal fan, about what happened midweek he said, "good they will get the win on Saturday when it matters."

Now I'm wondering whether we did care too much and fielded too many starters (including Ramires) for a pointless cup game.

All in all the strategy backfired; we wanted to dominate a struggling newcastle side, but they've been improving lately.

Err you did realize that only Luiz and Mata started from the Arsenal game, no? Ramires did play but only came on as a sub.

And anyway, don't think who we played and what we did on Tuesday had any bearings on what happened today. The players just did not bother turning up.