Newcastle 2-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

So it seems even Mourinho can't beat the november.

Well I now have serious doubts about the title, if we are going to drop silly points like this then we aren't going to go places. I really thought we where better than this, looks like I was wrong.

United lost to Wolves in 2011, City lost to Sunderland and Swansea in 2012, and United lost to Norwich in 2013.

They all bounced back and won the title, no reason why we can't.

We had an off day, it happens.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had this kind of performance before. This was not a game for Juan Mata, definitely our worst player today. I find it worrying that game after game, David is one making the link between defense and attack. Where is our pivot? Game after game Mourinho insists with Lampard. For anyone who have a clue about football, Lampard just can't do that role.

The best thing is that Arsenal is facing Liverpool tomorrow, so one of them will drop points: I waiting for a draw or for a Liverpool win. In worst scenario we will be only 5 points behind Arsenal.

not tomorrow, it's today lol

I can't even be bothered to do a rating EVERYONE WAS ****!!!!

I can't believe that just happened we had a real chance what happened?? They played like a completely different team, woeful, what a waste of what should have been 3 easy points crying.gif

Pass completion: poor.

Defensive workrate: poor.

Acurate long balls: he is trying only a few this season.

You must be watching a different league, or your football is way different from mine.

Pass completion was averaging above 90%

Defensively he was usually one of the highest when it came to interceptions and tackles (although less consistent than his passing)

Of the few long balls he tries, they are usually accurate.

I'm watching the same matches you are and as far as I'm aware the football is the same.

Oscar never comes off no matter what, same with Hazard. It's getting ridiculous.

Almost as much as Cole and Lampard playing every game.

Mata came off because Mourinho tried to revert to the same tactics we're used this season with Oscar in the whole and a wide player out wide.

Unfortunately it came too late, Newcastle were in the ascendency and we rightly lost.

It won't happen again though.

United lost to Wolves in 2011, City lost to Sunderland and Swansea in 2012, and United lost to Norwich in 2013.

Spot fucking on.

Champions lose games but they rebound from them and that's exactly what I expect us to do. Today was a learning experience for a team in transition.

You're still on thin ice my friend, anymore posts like your previous ones and you will be banned from this forum for good.

Problem is in previous seasons it has gone from "off day" to "bad month" to "2-3 month slump"

Like we're cursed.

Spot fucking on.

Champions lose games but they rebound from them and that's exactly what I expect us to do. Today was a learning experience for a team in transition.

It really wasn't, getting outplayed as well? No, this season is a lot harder, we can't drop points like this.

If Mourinho is going to give in to the November factor, then we are fucked, we can kiss the title away good bye. I don't think we even deserved it after the performance, not at all, anymore performances like that and I wouldn't even count on top 4 the lazy bastards.

So it seems even Mourinho can't beat the november.

Well I now have serious doubts about the title, if we are going to drop silly points like this then we aren't going to go places. I really thought we where better than this, looks like I was wrong.

The problem is not the month. What happen is in general is this part of the season that the teams reveal their weaknesses. After november-january period is easy to say who is really fighting for the title, who's is only trying for the top 4 or Europa League. I really thought we would not lose any points until Arsenals game in december, but it seems we are not that good yet.

Starting 11 against Shalker:

Cech

Ivan/Azpli

Cahill

Terry

Cole

Lampard

Ramires

Oscar

Hazard

Willian

Torres/Ba

I bet 100% this will be it. Nothing, NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO LAMPARD AND COLE because now they are Chelsea Gods according to Jose

No matter if Chelsea win or lose on any given week, my reaction changes only by degrees but the conclusion is always the same:

I'd like to see the players who slow Chelsea down OUT OF THE LINEUP in the future due to buying players or promoting young Chelsea players.

I think Mourinho can see the obvious deficiency in center midfield within this squad and it's good to see Terry playing well again. Just hoping that transfers and lineup changes in the 2nd half of this season give us some optimism for the future. Don't know what Chelsea might do with the two fullbacks positions but I would be looking to get Lampard out and a different RB into the lineup ASAP.

Problem is in previous seasons it has gone from "off day" to "bad month" to "2-3 month slump"

Like we're cursed.

Lack of consistency comes with a lack of stability.

I have faith in Mourinho to bring back that winning mentality within our players as they are all capable of becoming champions under the right guidance.

oh dont quote that! we didnt concede 2 goals when mazacar was on pitch...your golden boy oscar was sloppy and didnt offer anything in attack

no, we just were pathetic in the first half where we could have won this.

Then they came back, confident and we were lost.

But if normally people don't see beyond flashy plays and results, I don't expect many to see the problem was the pathetic first half. The second was only a consequence of that.

When a team, in their turf, come to play 4-4-2 with the two 4 lines in the back and they end the first half feeling like the other guys didn't threaten them for one second, they can grow more daring in the second. Which is exactly what happened.

I still don't get how people can't see the basic things in a match of football, only the blatant.

It really wasn't, getting outplayed as well? No, this season is a lot harder, we can't drop points like this.

If Mourinho is going to give in to the November factor, then we are fucked, we can kiss the title away good bye. I don't think we even deserved it after the performance, not at all, anymore performances like that and I wouldn't even count on top 4 the lazy bastards.

So we can't lose to Newcastle because Man City (who lost to Cardiff...and us) and United (who lost to West Brom at home) will overtake us?

Teams drop points. I'm still confident.

So we can't lose to Newcastle because Man City (who lost to Cardiff...and us) and United (who lost to West Brom at home) will overtake us?

Teams drop points. I'm still confident.

From the viewing of his posts, I came to the conclusion he is not a supporter, merely a follower.

Some of the reactions on here are truly baffeling