Arsenal 0-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

I really wonder how strong this team could be with Eto'o and Essien at their peak: I can tell you that Chelsea would be the best team in the world, no doubt about that.

Sadly, time flows and because of age with 2 years of "golden retirement" (Eto'o) and bad injuries (Essien) they're not world's best in their role anymore.

Yet, class of someone once top tier still remains, and this evening Eto'o and Essien showed it, obviously alongside with the rest of the team.

Great, great performance from the whole team.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been on the Arsenal mania forumforum

http://arsenal-mania.com

So much fun reading about how upset them Gooner twats are. Oh now they been made too look 2nd rate they didn't want too win this trophy anyway...how many years of winning fuck all? 8/9/10

Sad Gooners, as I say "In Arden I Trust"

It seems, however, unlike the delusional City fans, these actually seem to acknowledge they were fairly outclassed by Chelsea's second string team and they would have been utterly humiliated if they had played at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea's main team.

They also seem to accept they won't last much longer at the top of the table.

So they are angry but not in denial. I salute them for that.

Its sad to see Essien, it really is...

But what a player Willian is! wow we are really going to enjoy that Lad when he peaks!

Well if Lampard will let others play, we will see more of Essien. :D

If we are going to point a finger and I don't think one should be pointed then it should go to Essien, high passing was shite, and yes he guarded the back four well and did the sloppy things well but when it came to giving it simple he was lost.

Hopefully people will stop throwing their toys out the pram when KDB is not selected again. He had yet another chance and failed to impress, it's a shame so many have overrated him

He looked so sad when he was coming off though... I actually felt bad for him. You could see it in his face he knew he blew his chance.

Hopefully people will stop throwing their toys out the pram when KDB is not selected again. He had yet another chance and failed to impress, it's a shame so many have overrated him

well to be fair, RW isnt his best position. clearly better in the centre, where he has been playing for Bremen and often for Genk too. he is too slow für the wings in my opinion. still wouldnt write him off, he has loads of potential. I think he is just lacking confidence, which isnt something suprising if you havent been playing for weeks now. mou doesnt trust him, criticized him in public etc. he should build up his confidence instead of f-ing him up.

Willian was sublime.

I told so in the live thread (though I used the word killing it) and someone disagreed, but I stand by my opinion. He was immense. Defensively he was very important, and I don't remember him putting one wrong feet in the attack. He gives us something else that none of our other 5 AMs do (not saying something better, just something different). My MOTM for all his contributions and the kind of lightness he can bring to the team when attacking. It was a pleasure to watch.

I guess he guaranteed his place at least among the selected for next match. I don't see Mata starting ahead of him based only in today's matches. Of course, there's training and what Mourinho thinks suits us better playing Newcastle away will prevail, but I'd even go as far as having Willian to start either on Hazard or Schürrle's spot. Probably Schürrle, as Hazard is still in a form recovery process, so we better give him as many games as possible.

He looked so sad when he was coming off though... I actually felt bad for him. You could see it in his face he knew he blew his chance.

That's what I felt as well, but he didn't do that badly. That should make him mentally stronger once he gets through this bad spell.

so much class from those two!!! They're really such amazing, nice, good PEOPLE, not only players.

Mata is so humble and so nice, he touched me with his speech.

Can we play with 13, 14 players? It's so hard to pick between those guys, because they have great character in addition to being great footballers.

I still think Willian was better than Mata, but slightly, and Mata is such a sweetheart and that goal was so amazing.

Good luck with that, Mourinho.

If we are going to point a finger and I don't think one should be pointed then it should go to Essien, high passing was shite, and yes he guarded the back four well and did the sloppy things well but when it came to giving it simple he was lost.

I think he killed a few of our attacking chances with how long he took to pass the ball to players much better positioned than him, but other than that he was amazing, especially considering how little he's played this season.

And you know what a great professional he is when he knows he's here only for the domestic cups, and you don't see a complaint, actually he thanked Mourinho in his blog recently (not the latest entry - which I didn't read yet), and he brings on a great performance. no ego scratched, no hurt feelings, just professionalism and a lot of heart.

I think when Ramires was brought we improved because he offered the speed we lacked in the transition with Mikel and Essien in the pivot. But in their defense, it's not like we were threatened, so we can easily ignore this ;)