168 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Optimistic .. kind of..

darkgunner (Forum Member) on Yesterday, 8:00 pm

Hope we can get some early goals so Ramsey and Wilshere can be subbed in the 2nd half. But knowing us, we will probably make it hard for ourselves.
"Chelsea's bench, is that even legal?"
"Half the Chelsea players are way past their sell-by-date. We can beat them."
"Same here. Their fans are some of the most irritating around. "Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho", "8 years and you've won **** all", get some originality, you ******* moronic tits."

Was at the game tonight right next to the Arsenal fans. Expected it to be a bit hostile but then remembered it was Arsenal, and they just sat there all game. Our home support is usually quite quiet but they were just really awful.

On the match, really professional display. Everyone worked hard, did what we needed to do to win and nothing more. Don't know how it looked on TV but I thought Bertrand was really good, and Schwarzer caught everything in the air. Really pleasing stuff.

Just actually saw a Gooner on another forum say we are "dreadfully boring."

Arse have THE most delusional supporters on earth. Boring? Get fucking dominated in your own house! And I swear it sounded like a game at the Bridge through my tv. Didn't hear anything but Chelsea fans singing all match long.

Optimistic .. kind of..

darkgunner (Forum Member) on Yesterday, 8:00 pm

Hope we can get some early goals so Ramsey and Wilshere can be subbed in the 2nd half. But knowing us, we will probably make it hard for ourselves.
"Chelsea's bench, is that even legal?"
"Half the Chelsea players are way past their sell-by-date. We can beat them."
"Same here. Their fans are some of the most irritating around. "Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho", "8 years and you've won **** all", get some originality, you ******* moronic tits."
"F**king sh*thead potato-headed motherf**ker Wilkins saying Chelsea wiped the floor with us and embarrassed us tonight. F**king motherf**ker!"

brilliant performance. one of the best and the most complete performances i have seen this season. totally dominated the proceedings and showed those wankers who's who.

schwarzer - good game. never in trouble except for the ryo chance. good performance. 8/10

azpi - what the hell was he doing there for the goal!!!! a good performance and congratulations to him for his forst goal. 8/10

cahill - anothere solid performance. he is showing that he can be and will be more than just a squad player. 7/10

luiz - a much needed solid performance. did what was required off him rather than trying to do everything. 7.5/10

bertrand - what a game!!! what a performance from him!!! MOTM for me. i honestly cant say any thing wrong about that performance. had ryo in his pocket all night long and he must have won the ball back about 10-15 times individually. even when cazorla shifted to the wing after ozil's inclusion, he was untouched. simply magnificient from bertrand. he has been continously performing well and he has given a shout for some regular first team football. 9.5/10

essien - very confused about his performance. he let people run past him (ramsey and wilshere) but i can remember atleat 3 instances when he literally bulldozed past those 2 in the mid. defensively was a little shaky but his runs were brilliant. the only problem in his runs was the final ball. he seemed confused to take a shot or just play etoo in or pass it to the wings. but a decent performance considering that he has not got any minutes so far. 7/10

mikel- a very mikel-ish performance. but some of the one touch that he, bertrand and essien played during the 2nd half to get out of tight spots was fabulous and great to watch. went ahead well and covered essien well too. 7.5/10

kdb - i have not seen much of him but the amount i have heard about him , he dint do justice to it. he seemed to be switched off somehow. some of his decision making was appalling. his movement or lack of it was weird. i specially remember a moment in the 2nd half when mata had the ball on the Left wing, kdb stood right in front of the D with koscielny marking him and dint make a run to drag him away so as to space for mata. in the end mata had to play the ball back and this was just one incident. very off-colour. he will be our 6th choice AM unfortunately. 6/10

mata - good game, great goal!!! and what an over the top celebration. his performance lacked that little bit of zing that u expect from mata. anyways his play on the ball was decent. runs were good but the final ball dint really pay-off at multiple times.also he was good defensively when we went 4-3-3. 7.5/10

willian - really impressive!!! best of the AMs. very direct and gave monreal a hell of a time on multiple occasions. defensively he was IMMENSE. 9/10

etoo - good link up play but a tad slower than necesaary to cos that serious problem. his shots were just not good enough (one of them going out for a throw-in). defensively he was great. it was literally like we were playing with 4 AMs, he was so deep at times. 7/10

subs -

ramires - he is RAMBO. nothing more needs to be said. also i atlast got my wish to see a 4-3-3 with rambo-mikel-essien. i still remember in 2010 when essien was still bison, ramires used to run around like a mad-man and mikel was his usual self, i always thought a 4-3-3 with these 3 in the mid would be great to watch. today i got my wish after almost 3 years and it was decent.

ba - good hold up play but i feel for his own sake and to get some real footbal he should leav in the winter.

kalas- just a couple of minutes. he ll get his chance soon.

Jose must be the stingiest coach alive. Imagine the line up of Obi, Essien and Ramires in the midfield and David,Cahill, Aspi and Ryan in the back to defend a two goal lead. Whoa!

We outclassed them totally. Fans were excellent as well and we sounded like the home team. Luiz was excellent. Mikel was excellent as was Bertrand who put in a performance you just like to see from your LB. Good defensively but a very potent threat going forward as well. Something we lack from Cole. Shae about KDB though as his performance tonight suggests Jose would have not seen anything that shows he is ready to stake a claim for a first team start. But the rest like Mata and Willian, superb. Mata scoring a goal like that with his weaker foot, just WOW. It is just good to see that many players who have been left out in recent weeks bar KDB looked so eager to impress Jose and that is what they done and that is what we need to carry on with our season. Hungry players and squad depth which is what we have. Back to Mata, really happy for him because after his brilliant cameo-performance against Spurs, many of us expected him to kick on. He was rewarded with some first team starts for his performance against Spurs but was quite average after that and never seemed to kick on but last night came back with a bang, hope it continues.

Also, I don't think many pick up on it but Mata's scoring record against Arsenal is simply fantastic. He has started 4 times against Arsenal and scored every single time. They could not handle Drogba, you can say the same thing about Mata. Brilliant thing is the win tonight has surely left Jose with a few selection headaches against Newcastle and upcoming games. Just compare our squad depth quality this season compared to last season. Exciting times to be a Chelsea fan!

What a fucking time it is to be a Chelsea fan, what a week. Hits home when I'm talking to one of my United friends are he told me he's expecting the worse when every game comes around, I can't fucking wait for our next game. Mourinho is well and truly back, we have a brilliant squad, we have Torres playing brilliant, JT a rock at the back. Oscar has been in the top 4 best players in the Premiership so far this season and Schurrle and Willian are looking like very good signings. Our depth is incredible.

Feel like everyone is jealous of us now, If this keeps up I can't see why we can't win the Champions League, I'd love another shot at Bayern.