BlueLion.

Man of the Match  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The premier league title will be decided by the coaches experience and by squad depth among the six contenders . Mourinho displayed his years of experience by making brilliant changes to kill off the over zealous Norwich. Look at the calibre of players that came off our bench, i couldn't be more impressed. Star studded tottenham fell to a supposedly weaker side because AVB could not respond as he should. A lot of teams rely solely on their strikers to score and when that does not happen they get frustrated. But chelsea on the other hand have allot of attack minded mifielders and so when our strikers are marked out the midfielders and defenders take over.

MOTD 2 - Up to their usual standard with the anal-ysis. Just crapping on about the mistakes of loaning out lukaku and offloading sturridge rather than praising the performance

Heard they also focused on Norwich's penalty shout but completely ignored the fact we should have been awarded a penalty as well in the beginning of the match, right after Oscar's opening goal.

Heard they also focused on Norwich's penalty shout but completely ignored the fact we should have been awarded a penalty as well in the beginning of the match, right after Oscar's opening goal.

Yup and then they go on to wank about Norwich's performance, Januzaj's goal against Sunderland, Hansen babbling about his past Liverpool glory. Our performances, changes from Mourinho, Willian's goal, Ba's penalty incident all ignored. Wasn't mentioned, at all!

I am sure Ba's claim was just before Oscar scored ,,,,but do you ever expect us to get a fair deal from the media,,,

Both Mata and Willian made their PL debut against Norwich, and both scored the final goal in 3-1 wins.

and in both games we took the lead inside 5 minutes for them to equalize midway through the second half :P

Lets hope we don't finish 6th this time tho, although i wouldn't mind another CL win.

There is not an option for it and its rare for me to say this, but if i had to pick a MOTM, i would pick 'The Team'.

Sadly our lack of quality in our strikers is a real worry. As i said in his thread, Demba could have got a hat trick, but didnt, and at 1-1 I was worried where and if another goal was coming. It is a horrible feeling each game, worrying that we have a great sqaud but no killer strikers.

There is nothing we can do just now, so the whole rest of the team will have to continue to be strong, and quite frankly keep scoring.

Wilian's goal was brilliant, Hazard's wasnt bad either ;)

broken record.... how many games has Ba played? if you knew anything about strikers you would know with time on the pitch they will start to finish. Are you saying that since he came from Newcastle he's just forgotten how to score? its all about getting a consistent run in of games.... Teams play us a lot differently than they do other teams(very low block) he did a lot of good things in the 1st half and just didn't get the luck of the green.

Every post you write you say the same thing, we get it, you think we don't have any strikers! WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT NOW??? Get over it... Support what we have, better yet support the badge.

The defence was almost faultless till Mourinho switched to 3 def to try to win the game. Everything was comfortable for Luiz and JT, and i honestly didn't think Norwich would score... then somehow JT gets beat in the air, something that seldom ever happens.

No complaints since he's been great all season, but if that was Luiz, Redknapp and co. would be crying about how he's a liability.

Overall it was a good game, as usual we should have killed the game before they even got into it, but miss too many chances. Only this time, we were able to bring on 65m worth of (good) attacking talent to fix it.

The defence was almost faultless till Mourinho switched to 3 def to try to win the game. Everything was comfortable for Luiz and JT, and i honestly didn't think Norwich would score... then somehow JT gets beat in the air, something that seldom ever happens.

No complaints since he's been great all season, but if that was Luiz, Redknapp and co. would be crying about how he's a liability.

Overall it was a good game, as usual we should have killed the game before they even got into it, but miss too many chances. Only this time, we were able to bring on 65m worth of (good) attacking talent to fix it.

Nice analysis. Demba ba had 3 great chances to kill the game, and oscar had one and we blew them. JT was beaten in the air for the only time in the match and it was a goal.

if we are more clinical, we'll win the league this season honestly.

broken record.... how many games has Ba played? if you knew anything about strikers you would know with time on the pitch they will start to finish. Are you saying that since he came from Newcastle he's just forgotten how to score? its all about getting a consistent run in of games.... Teams play us a lot differently than they do other teams(very low block) he did a lot of good things in the 1st half and just didn't get the luck of the green.

Every post you write you say the same thing, we get it, you think we don't have any strikers! WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT NOW??? Get over it... Support what we have, better yet support the badge.

Get over yourself, lol

If you actually read a lot of my posts I am constantly hoping for the best and wishing the strikers would start going better. I want them to score all the time but you have to open your eyes and see sadly at the minute we are at a real disadvantage with the strikers that we have. If the rest of the team was not playing so well we would be physically not scoring at all and losing and it would be all Jose's fault which it is not.

If you disagree fine. However even on Chelsea tv they think Eto'o and Demba are done.