BlueLion.

Man of the Match  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're nowhere near our best yet are only 2 points behind Liverpool/Arsenal. Sounds good to me.

This is a bit OTT but I hope Ivanovic picks up a harmless 1 week injury on International break so Azpi can get a decent chance to prove himself.

And we really need to sign Luke Shaw in January. Cole is on his last legs.

Fully agree about Cole but Shaw is not going nowhere in January and possibly next summer as well. Southampton have no need to sell. They are doing well financially. There chairman, Cortense is highly ambitious and Shaw signed a five year contract not too long ago and Southampton are a club looking to reach Europe. Shaw is getting regular football there. Something he will not get if he moves here but I would love to see him here as our LB in a few years.

Twas bloody long wasn't it?

The only one I have found. :D :D :D

Wonderful and excellent! Watching ''small'' things like this make me proud to be CFC fan, and I hope all the fans had a great time in Norfolk, especially after Wizard's goals and shutting up the Norwich fans, I surely want to have been there too!

Oscar looks like he's about to shit himself every time he's going to answer a question in English. He's still really uncomfortable with it.

Credit him for actually trying unlike some foreign players.

I get the feeling we'll see more of that "Hazard - Oscar - Willian" attacking midfield.

I have the same feeling, this could become something really interesting. But I also would love to see Mata back at his normal level!

I just don't get it, why is it people can't post here without showing they have some sort of agenda? Like the things they said in the past has to be upheld for their "forum credibility" to be maintained? It seems like no matter what is done on the pitch people here and also other sites can't swallow their pride and admit to not knowing as much as they'd like to claim they do. Anyways I digress....

I thought in the 1st half we were brilliant. We were finally afforded space to turn and go at defenders, Mourinho echoed my feelings when he said it was 'strange because it was quite easy for us to have the ball' and Norwich did nothing to stop us going forward. The blueprint recently has been to close us down extremely quickly from the half way line into the attacking third. Norwich did very little of that and as a result we produced a fair few decent chances.

Our back 5 were not really put under any real pressure until about 60 mins in the game, none of them were standout players; for the most part they had an easy game.

Lamps was very good moving the ball forward quickly, he was very poor positioning himself make a difference in the middle of the pitch. I really think our best partnership is going to be Ramires and Essien should they ever be afforded the chance to play in tandem... Ramires just looked gassed having to get up and down the pitch, he had to cover a SHIT TON of ground today.

Mata, Schurrle and to a lesser degree Oscar were fairly quiet. Mata started well and played some tasty passes through for some quality chances that weren't taken. After that he slowed a bit and became lost when we had to try and chase a result. Schurrle's work rate is really impressive I just wish his finishing was even average... He gets into great areas and never tests the keeper, he's positioning himself to be a super sub but not if he can't hit a beach ball in the ocean. Oscar got lost a bit out on the flank and though he scored and assisted its clear to me he's better in the 10.

For a guy that rarely plays I thought Ba was exceptional. yes he missed some good chances that would've killed the game early on, but until the guy gets a decent run of games its gonna be hard to find striker's form. He battled for balls, tested the backline, had a decent shout for a pen and had a ton of aerials where he challenged the keeper and won. I would like to see him get more of a run out but its hard when you don't score....

The game changed when Jose employed the 3-5-2 tactic. No real secret. We were winning a lot of balls back in the attacking third by simply crowding them out and applying a great deal of pressure. The squads work rate is probably the best of any I've seen in the EPL this year! No bias, just facts.... We are starting to look like a Jose Mourinho team game by game. Hazard showed that electrifying pace the get the winner. He was fortunate it went in but his pace fashioned the opportunity; here's hoping he can start to put together a run of form and start playing like the guy who wowed us last year. What can be said about Willian other than he hates tottenham? This guy is fucking FAST.

All in all a bit of luck got us the 3pts but we made our luck with the ability and skill we possess. Here's hoping that continues for a while yet!

There is not an option for it and its rare for me to say this, but if i had to pick a MOTM, i would pick 'The Team'.

Sadly our lack of quality in our strikers is a real worry. As i said in his thread, Demba could have got a hat trick, but didnt, and at 1-1 I was worried where and if another goal was coming. It is a horrible feeling each game, worrying that we have a great sqaud but no killer strikers.

There is nothing we can do just now, so the whole rest of the team will have to continue to be strong, and quite frankly keep scoring.

Wilian's goal was brilliant, Hazard's wasnt bad either ;)

Guys, I'm starting the I Got The Blues stats analysis now and if there's anything you'd like to be showcased in addition to the usual stats, let me know. Today I'll provide two 'specials': 1) complete [100% of passes showcased] stats for transition to attack and special focus on the pivot work on that. 2) Mata and Oscar's interchange in the CAM/RW showing minutes played by each of them on each position.

If there's something else you're curious to know, now it's the time to ask :P

I won't be as present during the international break, but before I leave I'll write the new stats article and will answer to it properly [i decided to follow the club's schedule, no Chelsea, no Barbara, hehehehe].

So let me know if there's anything you'd like to see detailed [or completely] scouted.