Norwich 1-3 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Man of the Match  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Well I've heard he's quite good at scoring goals... I don't think he is the world class player he once was and we need to improve in that area if we are to compete for another European title.

But we just beat Norwich away from home, played OK and you only find the negatives. Drives me insane. Do you think Chelsea fans who were at the game are sat on the train home and finding negatives about the team?

We won. Be happy.

I'll be happy when Chelsea can play quick, expansive football in the future. not happening this season. thanks to Willian, there was a spark. thanks to Norwich's failures and new players integrating, Chelsea got some slack.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

City in 2 weeks time :cry:

The terrifying thought of City at home eh? They lost their last away game to Villa. Also lost to Cardiff on the road. They were lucky to get a point at Stoke as well. Why are you scared of a team that has been absolutely shit away from the Etihad this season? Please, enlighten me.

Disagree with the comments giving Mourinho the credits for the win, the players, including some Norwich players, won us this match. His reactive nature nearly cost us the victory.

Exactly, they were flying once Mou started playing with 3 defenders.

Our build up wasn't the best.. Our goals then came from their big mistakes, but we did have some input in them:

Bad Norwich corner>Ivanovic header>Aerial challenge won by Hazard>Long pass from Oscar>Bassong Mistake>Goal

Bad challenge from a couple of Norwich players while none was marking Willian>Brilliant goal

However we didn't play bad before we got equalized, and just because Mata didn't score or assist it doesn't mean he was bad. He was ok.

Willian has the talent, it's a matter of consistency now for him.

Cheers!

Yes, you could say his tactical changes could have cost us the game but at the same time, his changes in the formation and bringing attacking players on, helped us to crank up the pressure and arguably won us the game. He took risks in trying to win the game. Can sometimes go either way. Shouldn't be surprised with it since it's Mourinho. Better than Benitez who just sticks with the same system and makes like for like changes(and probably happy with a draw)...

Wait till we play City....Yaya is gonna gonna get some.

Depends which Yaya turns up, if the one who played against us last season does were in trouble, if it's the one who turned up at White Hart Lane last April, then were playing 10 men.

I'll be happy when Chelsea can play quick, expansive football in the future. not happening this season. thanks to Willian, there was a spark. thanks to Norwich's failures and new players integrating, Chelsea got some slack.

I would call our 2nd half performance against Spurs 'quick, expansive football.' We have a team that are more than capable of doing so. Either you have a very short memory or know absolutely nothing about football. I'm going for the latter.

Yea....luckily it'll only happen after January if it ever happens. By then we'd have our midfield sorted out with a big money move like Witsel(hopefully).

City in 2 weeks time :cry:

3 weeks actually.

And if you have been watching City this season, you would notice that they aren't the same physical and defensive force under Mancini. They are arguably more attack minded and fluid offensively under Pellegrini but defensively they are a suspect, as proven by their 3 league away games this season and against Bayern. City now only play with 2 midfielders in Fernandinho and Toure and despite their qualities, there are always spaces to be exploited behind them when you get at them and their defenders look shaky in 1 v 1 situation.

The terrifying thought of City at home eh? They lost their last away game to Villa. Also lost to Cardiff on the road. They were lucky to get a point at Stoke as well. Why are you scared of a team that has been absolutely shit away from the Etihad this season? Please, enlighten me.

They have better quality in the centre midfield area and we, at this point to time, lack a midfield enforcer to dictate the flow of the game. All the more, we have a misfiring and inefficient firing squad up front.

I'm not saying they're better than us, just that they have better quality in the areas we are not so good. But we have our AMs and Mourinho. Not terrified, though.

BTW, those results have got nothing to do with the City we have to face.

As a Cole fanboy i haven't recognised he's so bad all this season,but today i saw. He really needs to be droped and rayan should get a chance.

any way lets keep this momentum.

he's older now and fullbacks need pace; he will regain his fitness in a bit.

Voted Oscar, but MotM for me really was Jose Mourinho.

3 weeks actually.

And if you have been watching City this season, you would notice that they aren't the same physical and defensive force under Mancini. They are arguably more attack minded and fluid offensively under Pellegrini but defensively they are a suspect, as proven by their 3 league away games this season and against Bayern. City now only play with 2 midfielders in Fernandinho and Toure and despite their qualities, there are always spaces to be exploited behind them when you get at them and their defenders look shaky in 1 v 1 situation.

OK. 3 weeks :blush:

But they seems to play well against us. Hardest game of the season for me considering the quality of the side (..probably second hardest after the one in Etihad.)

Yes, you could say his tactical changes could have cost us the game but at the same time, his changes in the formation and bringing attacking players on, helped us to crank up the pressure and arguably won us the game. He took risks in trying to win the game. Can sometimes go either way. Shouldn't be surprised with it since it's Mourinho. Better than Benitez who just sticks with the same system and makes like for like changes(and probably happy with a draw)...

Exactly mourinho risks loosing to get 3 points. The team that wins the EPL is the team that has the ability to change draws to wins in the last 10 mins. Check the stats for the past 5 seasons.

i voted for willian as MOTM simply because he had big-big role in the result of the game and both the goals. remember that he started the counter.

but i feel there should be an option to vote for jose too.

but not a good performance from the player.

cech - 7/10 - normal performance. could not have stopped the goal. otherwise his handling and shot stopiing was brilliant.

Cole- 5/10- another hopeless performance. the no. of times norwich played behind him in the 2nd half was just amazing. should be dropped.

JT - 7/10 - was a wall and dealt with everything that was thrown in the box.but the only time he dint, we conceded. has to take the blame for the goal.

luiz - 7/10 - could have stopped the goal. was ahead of pilkington but dont know how he dint get his head on the ball. but cant blame him. his distribution was decent but his runs were stupid especially with iva free on the right.

iva - 7/10- was pretty solid. dealt with the threat of the norwich winger, and also joined in the attack.

ramires - 5/10- his worst performance this season. simply could not assert himself in the match. for the first time, some team played the ball around him and was successful.

lampard - 6/10-got over-run in the mid when norwich turned on the heat. has lost a lot of speed and simply cant handle counters.

mata - 6/10- poor performance. his only good moment was probably that awesome pass to oscar which oscar shot almost to the throw-in line. was not at all influential.

oscar - 7/10- got an early goal, but have to say, he had a game just like mata. not many "creative" moments.

schurlle - 7/10- started as winger, went to wing-back, then to left-back. brilliant workrate. was much more an attacking threat than oscar and mata with his direct running but his decision making and shots were horrendous.

ba-7/10 - was our best player in the 1st half. but simply went AWOL in the 2nd. was a much better direct threat and should have got on the score-sheet atleast once. that rambo low-cross miss from 4 yards was particularly embarassing.

hazard - 8/10- was a threat since he came on. the finishing was not particularly good and he still has to work on it.

willian - 9/10- dint put a foot wrong since he came on. defended well on the norwich counter and big-big role in both the goal.

I'll have to steal your ratings because I pretty much agree with everything except regarding Ba.

I just knew that his misses would cost us in the second half because Norwich would be back in the game. I also don't understand why a guy of his build goes to the ground so often.

Although I agree with the rating, don't think David's runs were bad, but the striker was obviously instructed to try and stop them. David and the team must realize this will happen in the future. Remember Corinthians match?

Ramires' game was so bad that I think he actually did commit a penalty in that strange challenge; he completely missed ball there, though norwich player perhaps made a meal out of it.

I was talking about Mourinho not making changes even though Norwich scoring a goal was pretty much inevitable and the team was struggling. I actually like the fact that when he did make a change, he really went for it as has been the case before.

It's time the boys start showing why they get paid the big bucks and put in convincing displays though. Only played one great game so far this season and that was against poor opposition.