Norwich 1-3 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Man of the Match  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

-Ba was really bad. Missed loads of chances, some clumsy moves...he is lucky that he is not Torres, so fans wont say too much about him.

-Oscar played a really, really great match.

-Luiz should have done better in Norwich goal, but he was easily one of our best players today alongside Oscar.

-Again a game that we can see Mourinhos in two different ways: some people will say he was brilliant, because his moves just changed the game. But, just like in game against Spurs I think he just fixed his own mistakes, because it was clear that he waited too long before he changed the team. Norwich took 25 minutes to score a goal, but it was clear since the beginning of the 2nd half that they were going to score, soon or late. I'm just happy the goal came within 20 minutes to go, so Mourinho had time to make his subs and the team could do something. Mourinhos job still far, far, far from convincing.

-Its strange, but I feel really happy when I see Mata, Oscar and Hazard playing together. When Hazard came I knew that something good was going to happen. Its amazing to have a squad with such depth.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Ba was really bad. Missed loads of chances, some clumsy moves...he is lucky that he is not Torres, so fans wont say too much about him.

-Oscar played a really, really great match.

-Luiz should have done better in Norwich goal, but he was easily one of our best players today alongside Oscar.

-Again a game that we can see Mourinhos in two different ways: some people will say he was brilliant, because his moves just changed the game. But, just like in game against Spurs I think he just fixed his own mistakes, because it was clear that he waited too long before he changed the team. Norwich took 25 minutes to score a goal, but it was clear since the beginning of the 2nd half that they were going to score, soon or late. I'm just happy the goal came within 20 minutes to go, so Mourinho had time to make his subs and the team could do something. Mourinhos job still far, far, far from convincing.

-Its strange, but I feel really happy when I see Mata, Oscar and Hazard playing together. When Hazard came I knew that something good was going to happen. Its amazing to have a squad with such depth.

Mata was a bit off today though tbh.

Mata, Lampard, Schürrle, Ivanovic were all pretty shit. Ba was ok in hold up play but shocking finishing. Oscar really ran every distance but was greedy at one or two occasions. Willian of all saved our ass. His good work and "double-header" set Oscar up for the assist and his finish for the 3rd was amazing.

Terry and Iva were at fault for the goal. Ashley Cole has started to age quickly. we should build up Bertrand as his replacement as soon as possible.

Our finishing, esp. from our strikers is still a worry. Ba's shooting was erratic once again. I just don't know what this guy offers that Lukaku doesn't. Torres and Eto'o are different types of strikers with vast international experience, I get that, but Ba is just Lukaku in worse.

Excellent substitutions by Jose.

For 70 minutes not much, but after Chelsea´s bench had spoken loud & clear.

I thought BA had a pretty good game, but still can not make the right decision to score.

Willian´s goal was fantastic. One rarely see something like it.

i voted for willian as MOTM simply because he had big-big role in the result of the game and both the goals. remember that he started the counter.

but i feel there should be an option to vote for jose too.

but not a good performance from the player.

cech - 7/10 - normal performance. could not have stopped the goal. otherwise his handling and shot stopiing was brilliant.

Cole- 5/10- another hopeless performance. the no. of times norwich played behind him in the 2nd half was just amazing. should be dropped.

JT - 7/10 - was a wall and dealt with everything that was thrown in the box.but the only time he dint, we conceded. has to take the blame for the goal.

luiz - 7/10 - could have stopped the goal. was ahead of pilkington but dont know how he dint get his head on the ball. but cant blame him. his distribution was decent but his runs were stupid especially with iva free on the right.

iva - 7/10- was pretty solid. dealt with the threat of the norwich winger, and also joined in the attack.

ramires - 5/10- his worst performance this season. simply could not assert himself in the match. for the first time, some team played the ball around him and was successful.

lampard - 6/10-got over-run in the mid when norwich turned on the heat. has lost a lot of speed and simply cant handle counters.

mata - 6/10- poor performance. his only good moment was probably that awesome pass to oscar which oscar shot almost to the throw-in line. was not at all influential.

oscar - 7/10- got an early goal, but have to say, he had a game just like mata. not many "creative" moments.

schurlle - 7/10- started as winger, went to wing-back, then to left-back. brilliant workrate. was much more an attacking threat than oscar and mata with his direct running but his decision making and shots were horrendous.

ba-7/10 - was our best player in the 1st half. but simply went AWOL in the 2nd. was a much better direct threat and should have got on the score-sheet atleast once. that rambo low-cross miss from 4 yards was particularly embarassing.

hazard - 8/10- was a threat since he came on. the finishing was not particularly good and he still has to work on it.

willian - 9/10- dint put a foot wrong since he came on. defended well on the norwich counter and big-big role in both the goal.

If anything this game shows how weak an opponent Steaua was. Happy with the win though, vital points!!

André seemed off imo. I don't know if he was tired or just uninspired, but I don't think it has anything to do with the upgrade in the FB marking him. He was the man for us against Steaua so that makes a difference

I also want to add that I completely agree with everything @Rmpr said about Willian, width, his positioning and how awful it would have been to play with Oscar-Mata-Willian in those circumstances. I was quite tense during the match to comment on it in the live thread, :lol:

spot on, lindinho ;)

He'll probably get a 3 points bonus though :P

but if that isn't an assist what in this world is?

I still hope they'll come to their minds and reconsider it. They analyze the thing over before adding the final points.

I'm awful this week I desperately need the 3 pts lol

Because the norwich defender touched the ball and control it the wrong way.

don't ruin my hopes man, this is FPL the key word is fantasy - the world I live in ;)