Steaua Bucharest v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to be to patriotic, but WTF!!

KdB over Schürrle any day of the week

I'd like to have seen him in the squad tbh but Mourinho told the media he wasn't impressed with Kevins performance vs Swindon, where he was quite bad. Kevin has said in numerous interviews he'd fight for his place so he must do this, Mourinho also mentioned before the Spurs game he'd have to work very hard and play for his next appearance so the balls in Kevins court obviously, up to him to work hard, like Mata had to do but obviously the fact Kevin has been nailed on first choice at Genk and Bremen hasn't really helped him as he was guaranteed a start at both clubs.

I've not been too impressed with him since the first 35 minutes of the Hull game tbh, needs to step it up when hes in the team, he was good in pre-season but thats pre-season. Hes a good player but he needs to show his worth to Jose and train better than Mata, Hazard, Schurrle, Willian and Oscar.. obviously difficult for him to build up any consistency when hes playing once every 3 games or something but still he has to do it.

Also zyzz mate, you could argue that when we go to try and get the ball back that someone like Schurrle with his pace is much better for it that and perhaps thats behind Jose's thinking at times when he weighs up the selection. The way Jose is trying to get us to play without the ball is good, we needed to do that at times last year and even under AVB. In terms of quality perhaps Kevin edges Andre but Andre isn't as bad as some people have made out, he was an ideal signing for depth and part of Jose's philosophy.

KdB over Schürrle any day of the week

I don't want to be to patriotic, but WTF!!

Something is going wrong in De Bruyne's head, he is underperforming and he was awful against Swindon. He was not just one of the worst players for Chelsea, but he was one of the worst players on the pitch! Knowing that this is a "WC season", I don't know what is wrong with this guy, he is a talented young lad, but he is a mess right now in terms of "mental strenght". He needs to be woken up, he needs to fight for his place, just like Mata does, and put a great performance when he is selected or else he'll end up just like Kakuta.

Regarding this game, thank God there is a retractable roof on National Arena and a new turf too. Awful weather here, it has been raining since yesterday in the morning and the rain won't stop untill Wednesday in the morning. The atmosphere in the stadium will be very hot, but Chelsea should win this one. Steaua is weaker right now, they have lost Chiriches and Rusescu, their best players and some of their regulars are out-of-form, such as RW Popa, RB Georgievski and since Rusescu left the team, they can't find a proper CAM, they are rotating Stanciu with Iancu and Cristea, but none of them showed they can bring something new in this team. Also Chipciu, one of their best players is out with an injury. The game won't be a walk in the park for Chelsea and the concentration level should be high because this Steaua team could be dangerous, especially at home with 55,000 fans in the stands. They are at least at Basel's level, but I trust Chelsea to grab the three points here.

With the exception of City coming up soon we have a fairly easy run of league matches, so this would be the perfect tune up and fitness match for Willian to start. He needs to get a run of games. He'll be devastating defenses soon enough.

Schurrle/Mata/Willian will hopefully be our AM.