Steaua Bucharest v Chelsea

Jase

I find it funny that people went from Mazacar being our weak point to Mazacar being our best attacking trio! :ph34r:

What happened was that mourinho worked on their main weakness - Defensive contribution

Now we are more comfortable with them playing together without being naive at the back and they still got their offensive threat

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eden Hazard, Marco van Ginkel and Kevin De Bruyne are the three players missing from the squad list for the competition announced at the beginning of the month. Hazard joins Van Ginkel on the injured list while De Bruyne is not selected.

Ohh Hazard.

Eden Hazard, Marco van Ginkel and Kevin De Bruyne are the three players missing from the squad list for the competition announced at the beginning of the month. Hazard joins Van Ginkel on the injured list while De Bruyne is not selected.

Ohh Hazard.

Sounds like Willian will be getting another crack at things.

Probably Willian-Mata-Oscar, no?

as stated previously, since the last time we met (and i posted on this forum) we have lost 2 of our best players to Tottenham and Sevilla respectively and the replacements we have brought in are not at the same level according to what they've shown so far (Chiriches alone was sold for around 9,5 million euros and we briought in 3 players that together cost us around 1,5 million. Schalke by comparison bought Kevin Prince Boateng and Dennis Aogo this summer and they were both massive against us). The lack of competition in the Romanian league is also not helping, as genuinely tough and challenging matches are few and far between. when that other romanian guy on here said that this would be a dissapointing season for us, what he meant was that, compared to last season, when we won the league after 7 barren years and were knocked out by Chelsea in the Europa, this year we were really thought we might have a shot at second spot in this group. We are still most likely going to win the national league, but in the CL the prospect of 0 points after 2 games is as dark for us as it is for you. Realistically we would love third spot in this group to continue on in the EUropa League as we do need to get a bit stronger before challenging realistically to go past the group stage.

last year was the first quiet and somewhat normal season Steaua has had in a long time (no owner overstepping his boundaries and firing coaches at will, bringing in players chosen by him etc) and the results were good. in the meantime our owner has been jailed for 3 years (yay! :) ) which is a very positive thing, maybe not so much financially but certainly from a sporting and managerial point of view.

For all our players on the pitch on matchday 1, the game against Schalke was their first ever in the Champions League and this kind of showed. Even so, up until the 67th minute it was very finely balanced. When they scored we came apart and Schalke banged in 2 more. we are still growing.

to sum up, we haven't played CL football in 5 years. we are really happy to be here, we are not playing the best football our team is capable of atm but we will definitely give you a run for your money :)

did he storm out? I read he called it off, ending it earlier, no mentioning of him storming out.

Now why the media is making a circus out of de Bruyne, I don't get... unless it's Belgian press - which makes sense they insistently ask, but other than them, I don't see why general press would be making a big deal of Bruyne not being selected. one out of him, willian and andré wouldn't...

did he storm out? I read he called it off, ending it earlier, no mentioning of him storming out.

Now why the media is making a circus out of de Bruyne, I don't get... unless it's Belgian press - which makes sense they insistently ask, but other than them, I don't see why general press would be making a big deal of Bruyne not being selected. one out of him, willian and andré wouldn't...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cU87Yc4E6o

I hope Willian and Mata start this one.

It is going to be a tough match for sure. It's always tough when you have to win.

In the past years we would win those matches, even if our game was bad at that particular time. Our team had a huge character.

But this is a new team with new players and they are definitely not that mentally strong yet. So I think this is a huge test. If we lose this one we could easily mentally collapse.