Steaua Bucharest v Chelsea

Jase

This game is bigger than the Spurs game! Need to get all 3pts without question. Forget the names on the backs of the jerseys, the guys who are playing the best right now have to play. For me thats:

--------------------------- CECH

--- IVANOVIC ----- LUIZ ------ TERRY -------- COLE

--------------- MIKEL ---------- RAMIRES

--MATA -------------- OSCAR ------------- SCHURRLE

------------------------ TORRES

I start Schurrle for Hazard because he's been abysmal this year. I'm starting to think we need to give him a look in at the 10 so he can have the ball at his feet more. Jose said it and I agree 100% Hazard's main struggle is he's receiving the ball with his back to goal and teams aren't allowing him to turn, if he does there are 2-3 defenders aggressively trying to win it back.

I thought our back 4 played extremely well yesterday so I wouldn't change that now. Brana didn't have the best game but he's been our most consistent defender all year.

Torres up top for me, he's earned it with his play recently. He also won't be eligible to start at the weekend so its an opportunity for him to maintain continuity.

I don't care what happens in the match or how it gets done we just have to win this game. Simple.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello from Bucharest :P !

Our team is poorer than last year and your is better ( a big plus mister Mourinho)!

I think Chelsea wil win 1 or 2-0 because we don't have a real striker so...it will be an desapointing season for us this year :(

The pitch is perfect,the weather is rainy,probably 40.000-45.000 spectators at the game (and a nice atmosphere i hope)

The beer, as you already know, is cheap, the woman are beautifull, the taxi car's are very expensive (just for foreigners :)) )

I hope for your fans that will come here to feel good and have a nice trip (and if it's possible to let 1 point at Bucharest :P )

ps:thousand's excuses for my english but i graduated a long time ago and i didn't have no one to exercise ;)

Cheers!

Don't believe a word of what this guy says... Do you guys think 6 wins and a draw from 7 games is a disappointing start? I don't... Ya they lost to Schalke but its far from poor. They have to big hulking CB's who are 6'4 and 6'5 in stature. They have a loaner from Sampdoria, Federico Piovaccari who has 7 goals in 12 games. They play extremely well in front of their home support. It won't be an easy game...

We need to win this game, and I would HOPE very well. I think we need a very good result to boost everyone's spirits.

I would play

--------------------------- CECH

--- IVANOVIC ----- LUIZ ------ TERRY -------- COLE

--------------- LAMPARD ---------- RAMIRES

--MATA -------------- OSCAR ------------- SCHURRLE

------------------------ TORRES

for Mr Chelsea Legend 11 :

Steaua is one class above the entire romanian championship at this moment,but unfortunately our competition is weaker every year because the lack of money (i mean investitors)

We are poorer than last year when we played your side (we miss some big players:Rusescu our strker is now at Sevilla in Spain,Chiriches our defender is at Tottenham and Chipciu our midfielder is injured, 3 quality players) and you have Mourinho now, and Eto and a better game compared with the last season! (i saw the game with Bayern and you played very well in that game untill the elimination)

Yes,our CB's are good but i sincerely believe that isn't enough! I hope i' m wrong, but there are small chances :( !

I didn't said Chelsea will smash Steaua with 4 or 5-0 but it will be an easy win for you!

The only chance that i was hoping us to make a little suprise, would have been available if you hadn' t loose with Basel.. ruined :))

Torres on a run of form here( we should be celebrating), Jose ain't gonna ruin that

but he is banned in the PL so there is no point, as he wont be able to play on Sunday vs Norwich i would rather Eto'o start so he can try and get on a run of goalscoring form.

but he is banned in the PL so there is no point, as he wont be able to play on Sunday vs Norwich i would rather Eto'o start so he can try and get on a run of goalscoring form.

Ahem..didn't he actually get his run in the team and proves that he was no bigger deal than Torres.

This leaves us a little thin, but I am sure we can cope. no idea why we did not take Ess in the Squad in the first place. Surely he can cope with the likes of Steaua.

Luiz-Rami pivot could be a good thing vs Steaua, too. Against those weaker oppositions where we will see much of the ball, his aggressiveness could help our ball retention.

I think in the end it is not too important who we field.. it is more important to get motivation&concentration right. Probably every player in our squad is superior to his Romanian counterpart.