Spurs v Chelsea

Jase

Away from home i'd like to stock up the midfield Luiz Lampard Mikel Ramires(if fit)De Bruyne if not , that old cliche i think thats were the game might be won or loss. Hope Torres starts as Et'o looks like a derby game away from home will be all to quick for him and Torres looks sharp.

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys have a link for the conference?

I'm in the Chelsea channel on YT but there's no link for the conference...

edit:

Chelsea FC @chelseafc 1m

We're having technical difficulties with the live stream. We'll have updates for you here though. #CFC

Do you guys have a link for the conference?

I'm in the Chelsea channel on YT but there's no link for the conference...

Here's the linkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxqSMk4H-1o

But the Chelsea twitter say they have some technical difficulties with the stream...

If I may ? To compare Chelsea of today to that winning one of 2004 is not warranted, I feel.

One cannot compare the two.

To keep my hopes, I do. However, I have not seen much, lately to indicate that the club is going to score soon.

Perhaps, I might be surprised on Saturday ?

Disagree. We have a different style of play and of course an entirely different squad but if you compare the two seasons in terms of performances, the similarities are there to see. Wasn't it at this stage in the 2004 season when we drew two consecutive games 0 - 0? (One of which was against Spurs).The journalists started prowling, questioning our approach to games and highlighting Jose's inability to find a system that works. Well, he soon sorted that out and we all know the rest.

You obviously have doubts about Mourinho's ability to figure out the right system. I have confidence in the man; he has inherited a hungry squad with a solid balance between youth and inexperience. Chelsea will click into gear soon and we'll start overrunning teams. I'm praying it happens tomorrow!

But maybe I'm just overly optimistic. We'll wait and see.

Currently, Chelsea are impuissant on attack, not scoring much.

I hardly can see them scoring many goals here.

Somehow, I get the feeling about a low scoring & a boring game tomorrow.

We have struggled to score past teams who park the bus, Tottenham will attack us and leave spaces in behind, there is more chance of us scoring some goals past Tottenham then it is against a team who parks the bus.

Chelsea FC ‏@chelseafc 51m

Mourinho: 'The injury is very sad for Marco van Ginkel in a season important for his evolution. He is in good hands.'

Mourinho says he liked the performance and attitude of @juanmata10 at Swindon. 'He made a big effort to come in my direction.'

Mourinho says he likes playing Spurs because of the big rivalry.

Mourinho says he has no wish to talk about his relationship with Andre Villas-Boas.

Mourinho 'You win titles with squads, not with an especially good player, so Tottenham are bigger contenders than before.'

Mourinho: 'We play Man City on Sunday before cup game v Arsenal on Tues, so our Under-21 side will probably have a great experience.'

Mourinho reports @Rami7oficial is in the squad for the Spurs game but he has not trained and he is a doubt with his hip injury.

Alternatively...

Miguel Delaney ‏@MiguelDelaney 51m

Mourinho: "I'm not here to defend Man Utd, not at all, but the reality is they had a start that, if you win every game, you are exploding"

Mourinho on Mata against Swindon: "I liked.... his attitude was very good. I think he made a big effort to come in my direction."

Mourinho on taking on AVB: "No, I look forward to taking on Tottenham as opponents... I like these matches."

Mourinho talks about his own similar relationship with Van Gaal. "I did it in a professional way. I think that's what you have to do."

Mourinho asked about AVB again: "That's enough... I think nothing. I think of how my team can win."

Mourinho: "I think Chelsea 04-05 and Man United 05-06 [assume he means 06-07] were better than all these teams."

A difficult moment at end of broadcast session when Mourinho asked is "spirit of Robson" over this game. "Why?" [1/2] ...

[2/2] "You tell me something new" ... when asked about AVB's connection to Robson.

Mourinho not in very "happy" form in any of that press conference. Mostly a detached surliness.