Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

That would be me. He was terrible, it's like we have a man down. He never looks like actually scoring, he constantly just misfired or hit the goalie, only got the 'goal' with help from the opposition. Lol.

Bad, we got him 5 years too late.

I hope he improves I always want people to do well but so far very poor.

wow, I'm actually shocked to read it because I thought he was good. I could see someone saying he was at most decent or okay or even maybe bad, but terrible and rating him 1? way too harsh

I think he did very well and I'm starting to allow myself to be slightly more positive about the prospect of our strikers this season. they are clearly progressing and showing that with a bit more of sharpness and luck they can actually deliver it. notice the reluctance - which is entitled, but I guess I'm just too happy with us finally showing what I expect this team to deliver week in and out once Mourinho's new tactics are finally settled and consolidated

i seriously dont think so. also i dont wanna get into an argument cos i am too happy.

anyways i felt he was good. should have got a goal. good movement and workrate.

I want to be positive but he was terrible if he is our only striker I am VERY WORRIED!!!

I am not going to argue you, you think that, fine I disagree that fine too. Let's just be happy we won :)

Happy with BOTH Eto'o and Torres so far this season...Hopefully the latter gets fit soon and both can start firing in the goals.

(It still feels surreal thinking about it...imagine someone told you 4 seasons ago, that we would have both Eto'o and Torres as a strike-force)

Happy with BOTH Eto'o and Torres so far this season...Hopefully the latter gets fit soon and both can start firing in the goals.

(It still feels surreal thinking about it...imagine someone told you 4 seasons ago, that we would have both Eto'o and Torres as a strike-force)

a few years we dreamed about having Crespo and Shevchenko

If we had the Torres and Eto'o of 2008/2009...now that would be a nice strikeforce....but both of them are past-it..possibly on the decline.

If i wasn't religious i'd say "some people talk like shit". He had a great game for me. He very effectively contributed to three goals(ramires first goal, the own goal, and the intelligent pass to willian for his assist for lampards goal), in addition he had three good shots on target and worked had linking up play where he could. If he had scored it would have been excellent but i am convinced he is definitely what we needed, Experience and class, the goals will come.

a few years we dreamed about having Crespo and Shevchenko

Crespo was really great in 05/06 season. Shevchenko had some brilliant moments in 06/07 season and in the beginning of 07/08 season, before he got injured. Please, dont you make them look worts than they were, like the press love to do.

If Torres performed like this tonight, especially in playing a part in 3 goals, they will be floods of comments in his player profile saying he is well and truly back and what great form he is on.

I agree with @The_Flash here. I thought he was bad, very bad. Way too slow and had absolutely no coherence with the team. Every time he got the ball, he took 2-3 touches before realizing he can't dribble past his marker and then gave a backward pass. Too selfish in taking shots from outside the area when he had much better options around him.

And please drop the excuses about his "involvement" in the goals. He should have scored the first but fluffed the shot, and in the second he should have been through on goal but was too slow and allowed the defender back then he should have passed because we were 3 on 2 but instead took the shot from a very difficult angle and were lucky that the defender put it in his own net. These excuses are worse than the "Torres won the corner" crap.

It's only been a month, so we should give him more time, but atm...well let's just say we need Torres back ASAP. Torres may not be anywhere near what he used to be, but if he had not got injured, he would have scored , I'm sure of it.