Jase

Man of the Match  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ribery was outstanding yesterday but I think he should have been sent off.

But of course, it will always be a Chelsea player getting red card in those kinds of matches...

Nevermind, I was amazed with our team's performance. The passion and determination they showed is more than enough for me.

I am so proud of this team.

So annoying to come so so close onto concede and loose on pens.Oh well better to loose that last minute then the CL final.Not a bad performance though dodgy at times.Thought we were gana be mega screwed with 10 men but we nearly made it.
Long break now though

Ivanovic got raided at Right-back again

Indeed, Cole kept Robben in his pocket, we didn't even know Robben was playing. But their left flank, that was attact after attack after attack. At least Schurrle and Oscar were helping him.

Did we lose? Yes.

But just look at how our team played, how bravely they fought. Its games like this, NOT VICTORIES, that forge connections between true fans and teams.

Its games like this that make me love Chelsea.

I just wish we'd take the game to the top teams and stop being pussies. Anyone that thinks we were unlucky yesterday and hard done by are so wrong, even Jose.

I agree, first of all i want to say i have nothing but admiration for our players, they defended so well, great performance.

But what i will say, even before Ramires was sent off, we were constantly on the back seat, i know we were playing counter attacking football, but most of the time when we had the ball we didn't know what to do with it. I hear people saying we went toe to toe with the European champions, and even though i think we did well (especially with ten men), it was basically attacking/defending training session, even with ten men, we had everyone back, kicking the ball out every second we get... I agree it was a heroic performance, but with the amount of Money Roman invested into the squad, we should be controlling games better, or at least attempting to do that.

I don't mind counter attacking football, Look at the likes of United, Bayern (last year) etc, but there's a difference, we had too many men back and was too negative, again it sounds like i'm complaining. Two years ago in the CL final, i understood why we defended so deep, we couldn't compete with them, but with the amount of money we spent in the last two years we should be able toe to toe with them.

Also why are people slating Lukaku for missing a penalty? Jesus, anyone can miss a penalty, fucking hell, did you slate Terry when he missed one in Moscow? thought not.

lukaku shouldnt have been played in the match, he isnt experienced

He did completely choke. It was Neuer to be fair though.

I actually turned the sound off on the game, near the end of extra time - I thought it was over. I then turned around and saw people taking penalties.

Very unlucky to lose that way.

is it worth sacrificing games like this just for experience?????????

For god's sake, did he play a bad game before the penalty? We were a man down. Was he supposed to score two or three on his own?

There were 6 other, much older, much more experienced players on the pitch who had the chance to take the shot in his place. No one seemed to be willing.

Shit happens.