Angel Di Maria

Good player but he'll cost a lot of money and isn't exactly needed. Some fans will never be happy and still call for more signings even if we did sign him.

I wouldn't complain though if we did sign him.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes he would improve our squad but he isn't needed at all. I would be more interested in a striker CB and CM/CDM before another wide player. We need to cut down our squad before even considering new players especially luxury players.

mufc can't get him!

Hijack the deal and get rid of Torres. Schurrle can be second option for the striker role, Drogba third. Van Ginkel on loan

You say that like it's an option..

He's on 175k pw, and won't get that kind of wage ever again in his career, Torres isn't going anywhere.

Just another Nani.

That is extremely harsh, Nani has never been anywhere near as good as Di Maria was last season in his whole career.

Di Maria is also a very intelligent, hard working player. Nani is neither of those. The only similarity they both probably have is that they're both good dribblers with pace, the similarity ends there though.

Well if you measure consistency by statistic Di Maria hit double figure for both goals+assists for 5 years now.

First of all Di Maria has only been playing at a top club for four years. Whatever he did at Benfica doesn't really matter because the Portuguese league is so much below the quality of the top 5 leagues in Europe.

During the four years at Real Madrid his goalscoring record has been pretty much underwhelming (36 goals in 190 games) and he's never scored more than 10 goals a season in all competitions, although I'll admit it's hard to shine at Madrid with Ronaldo scoring as many goals as he has.

However with assists he's done reasonably well. In the first three seasons as a Real Madrid player he was always hitting 13-16 assists in all competitions which is a decent return for a guy who plays around 50 games a season, but then again it's nothing spectacular and at the time I could have thought of many players who'd have been capable of doing the same. Now last season he had the best year of his career and got 27 assists, which is miles ahead his second best season to date. If doing pretty well for three years and then having one perfect season is your definition of being consistently brilliant throughout the period, then fine, but I'm not really buying it.

Now let's take Hazard. In the same period of time from 2010 to 2014, he has scored 64 goals in 212 matches. Regarding assists, while he doesn't really reach the heights of Di Maria's 13/14 season he hasn't been bad either and last year was the only season in the last four years where he hasn't hit at least 15 assists but he made up for it by scoring 17 goals which is much higher than Di Maria's highest ever scoring season. He can have games where his form is inconsistent but everyone does, and looking at the bigger picture he's been just as consistent in the last four years as Di Maria has.

It's also worth noting that in that time Hazard has been 19-23 years old while Di Maria has been significantly older at 22-26. Basically Hazard only now needs to start being as good as Di Maria was back in 2011 to make this an equal comparison.

That is extremely harsh, Nani has never been anywhere near as good as Di Maria was last season in his whole career.

Di Maria is also a very intelligent, hard working player. Nani is neither of those. The only similarity they both probably have is that they're both good dribblers with pace, the similarity ends there though.

I was only talking about the consistency factor. I'm guessing that was the main point being discussed. If Nani had the right attitude, he would have been a top player though.

I was only talking about the consistency factor. I'm guessing that was the main point being discussed. If Nani had the right attitude, he would have been a top player though.

consistency and attitude are 2 very different things. if ben arfa , gael kakuta and a 1000 other people had the right attitude, they might have been great players.

as for maria, he already is one of the best players in the world right now. he has been consistently good for the past 2 seasons.so its just wrong to compare nani and maria at any level.

ps - still dont think we NEED him.

consistency and attitude are 2 very different things. if ben arfa , gael kakuta and a 1000 other people had the right attitude, they might have been great players.

as for maria, he already is one of the best players in the world right now. he has been consistently good for the past 2 seasons.so its just wrong to compare nani and maria at any level.

ps - still dont think we NEED him.

I didn't compare consistency and attitude. They were two different statements. I'll break it down for you.

Nani and Di Maria have been extremely inconsistent. Point closed.

Nani didn't have the right attitude through out his career. He could have been a great player. Second point closed.

I didn't compare consistency and attitude. They were two different statements. I'll break it down for you.

Nani and Di Maria have been extremely inconsistent. Point closed.

Nani didn't have the right attitude through out his career. He could have been a great player. Second point closed.

Still can't understand why you would be comparing nani's inconsistency and maria' (supposed) inconsistency. I mean then hazard is "inconsistent" too. But atleast these are players on a similar level to be actually compared. Making a statement of "just anither nani" for someone like maria is just weird

Still can't understand why you would be comparing nani's inconsistency and maria' (supposed) inconsistency. I mean then hazard is "inconsistent" too. But atleast these are players on a similar level to be actually compared. Making a statement of "just anither nani" for someone like maria is just weird

Like I said in the previous post, people were talking about inconsistency. That's where I drew the comparison. I did not compare anything else. They don't have to be of the same class. I'm inconsistent when I play for my team, just like Nani is. One day I have a blinder, the next day the team would have played better without me. It was one attribute, their level is another.

>Di María

>Very intelligent.

Pick one.

Both. Last season, the 'headless chicken' Di Maria disappeared, and the new Di Maria started to make a lot of great decisions on whether to pass or shoot or dribble and just in his general game. Hence why he had a fantastic season last year.

Things finally moving about di María: meetings (agents, clubs) will take place early nxt wk. He has chosen United

Real and United are very close in the valuation of the player. He will cost MORE THAN 60m euros, could be 70. He will wear number 7

Cristiano told di María United is the club to go. Mendes is returning to Europe from Singapur to finalise deal. All very very close.

(Balague twitter)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You