Chelsea v Everton

Jase

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely, our co-efficient is good enough to ensure we are given a "favourable" draw - the hardest team we'd come against is on par with the likes of those we've beaten in the Europa League this season, such as Sparta Praha and Steaua Bucharesti.

Arsenal WILL win on Sunday. Newcastle are a - shit, and b - safe. That means they'll play it at walking pace, knowing they're staying up. So we really could do with three points, BUT it wouldn't be a disaster.

Fourth place > Spurs :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Non-Champions Route is tough actually. There's no chance we'll get Sparta, Steaua etc. Only non-champion teams from bigger leagues will be in the draw. More likely we'll get Lyon or Borussia Monchengladbach. Won't be easy

Cech

Iva-Luiz-Cahill-Bertrand

Mikel-Lampard

Oscar-Mata-Moses

Ba

Ferreira and Benayoun will probably be thrown in the second half since this will be their last game for the club. Romeu or Ake will probably get 15 mins.

Moses and Ba to score :) 2-0

anybody afraid like me for this? really dont want to play cl qualifiers neither a play-off game against arsenal. i think everton will give everything they have, as its moyes last game. and we will be tired as hell...

Yes, I can see why people are suggesting Ferreira should start but this is not a 'nothing to play for' fixture. We still need to secure 3rd spot and we have a difficult game against a team who will not simply bow down because it is Moyes last game. I mean when you think about it, Baines and Piennar can rip Ferreira to shreds. Azpi has to start IMO. Best RB at the club and we need to play more or less our best team to win this as no one wants fourth spot.

Nothing to worry about here. Just another easy game, regardless of the outcome. If Chelsea drops points here, they are 4th & will play qualification games against some Albanian or whatever team, which should be a walk in the park.

So, either way win or lose, Chelsea will be fine.

Perhaps, an exhibition game against Everton with the score of 3 zip for Chelsea might be even better ?

Nothing to worry about here. Just another easy game, regardless of the outcome. If Chelsea drops points here, they are 4th & will play qualification games against some Albanian or whatever team, which should be a walk in the park.

So, either way win or lose, Chelsea will be fine.

Perhaps, an exhibition game against Everton with the score of 3 zip for Chelsea might be even better ?

And.... you jinxed it

Everton is a tough game, but there are a couple of factors in our favour. They've got very little to play for as winning or losing doesn't affect their league placing. They also blew their emotional load last weekend with that great farewell for Moyes, and whilst they might want to give him a result as a send-off I think that last game took a lot out of them.

Still, it'd be nice to win this game. I'm not averse to playing in the qualifiers because it adds some competitiveness to your pre-season and that sets you up well for the new season, but that can come back and bite you on the arse a few months down the line. I also think something could still happen with Spurs and Arsenal (reading the reports of Arsenal's spending, I think it's better for us if they do miss out on the CL because I don't see Levy spending whatever happens).

So it's got to be a pretty strong team

Cech

Azpi Ivanovic Cahill Cole

Lampard Luiz

Moses Mata Oscar

Torres

Gone more for the team I think Rafa will pick than I would pick. Back four picks itself really, if we go with Luiz in midfield which I think he'll use to combat Fellaini. Rami is out and I don't see him giving Mikel any game time.

Up front I've got a sneaky feeling he'll give Torres another run-out considering his performance on Wednesday and also to try and end the season with a couple of goals. Ba hasn't been setting the world alight in recent weeks and whilst it might be his 'turn' I do think Torres will get the nod.

The bench will be interesting. Would love to see Romeu get 15 minutes at the end if we're leading and maybe Ferreira too but that's a big if. Think Benayoun is also nailed on for an appearance whatever happens. Just want a nice victory, in the sun with the trophies and maybe even the youth team getting on the pitch at some point, so that we can actually enjoy the lap of honour in what I really hope is the last game of the season.