Chelsea v Basel

Jase

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Basel fans went quiet after the first game.

ya that is so true I remember them being in the pre-match thread going on and on about all the teams they beat to get to the semis naming man utd and spurs.. now where are they

Can't believe the amount of people and threads that think we're already in the final. This lot are dangerous, if we're complacent, we're in trouble. They always play with such freedom away from home, i'll be happy if we go 3-0 up.

Can't believe the amount of people and threads that think we're already in the final. This lot are dangerous, if we're complacent, we're in trouble. They always play with such freedom away from home, i'll be happy if we go 3-0 up.

And not to mention, Basel came from 2-0 down to lead 3-2 at Old Trafford for a period last season in the Champions League and they also took a 2-0 lead at WHL not too long ago. They ended up drawing both games and it does show what they are capable of.

They will come out and attack, enabling us to utilise our main strength which is the counter-attack, granting Torres the space he needs to run in behind. I fancy him to score a couple.

We just need to keep it tight for the first 20 minutes (which is why I am suggesting Mikel-Rambo in the DP) before we go on the attack.

Right. Now we are having a Swedish referee officiating this game - Jonas Eriksson. Officiated 1 game of ours previously, which was the 1-0 away win against Porto in the 09/10 season's Champions League.

All I can say is, that if we try to park the bus we will lose for sure. We need to keep the pace up and attack. Not sit back and try to defend the whole game. Not even if we are up by 1-0. Basel is a really good team.

All I can say is, that if we try to park the bus we will lose for sure. We need to keep the pace up and attack. Not sit back and try to defend the whole game. Not even if we are up by 1-0. Basel is a really good team.

Completely agree. We need to get an early goal.

I'm very confident we'll win the match. Our home form is frankly superb at the minute. 11 wins from the last 13, and the other two being draws. Basel are good and will play with greater freedom tomorrow (I think they were simply over-awed in the first leg, personally), but playing on the counter certainly sets the tie up nicely from our perspective. There will definitely be a few goals tomorrow, I feel. I have a strong inkling that Basel will get a goal, which will automatically mean we will need to score a couple.