Chelsea v Basel

Jase

Because we have come this far, so may as well try and win something this season. We SHOULD win if we rest those players, but, i don't really want to take that chance, and i am going so would prefer to see something other than a bus being parked. :)

I agree, Chelsea came so far. Having said this, even with Ferraro, Bert, Yossi, Ake the team should hold the fort. To win EL & miss top four...not my cup of tea though.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Chelsea came so far. Having said this, even with Ferraro, Bert, Yossi, Ake the team should hold the fort. To win EL & miss top four...not my cup of tea though.

It's no ones cup of tea. 95% of people on here would rather have top 4. But if we don't get top 4 it won't be because we played a fairly strong team against Basel at home.

It's no ones cup of tea. 95% of people on here would rather have top 4. But if we don't get top 4 it won't be because we played a fairly strong team against Basel at home.

Well, if I can...

Chelsea rests players for Basel. Chelsea scored 2 away goals, won the game. There is no need to go all out in London.

Rested players, Mata, Hazard, JT, Cole, Luiz...are playing against Manure, Spurs, much better chance to win with rested players than tired bunch, I feel.

Just one thing here.

Just imagine Chelsea wins EL tin pot but misses on top four.

Do you realize how much money & how ridiculed the team is going to be ?

Who is going to sign for Chelsea in the summer ?

Well, if I can...

Chelsea rests players for Basel. Chelsea scored 2 away goals, won the game. There is no need to go all out in London.

Rested players, Mata, Hazard, JT, Cole, Luiz...are playing against Manure, Spurs, much better chance to win with rested players than tired bunch, I feel.

Just one thing here.

Just imagine Chelsea wins EL tin pot but misses on top four.

Do you realize how much money & how ridiculed the team is going to be ?

Who is going to sign for Chelsea in the summer ?

I am fully aware of the ramifications of not getting top 4.

The key game is the tottenham game. If we lose that, then it won't be because we started hazard and co a week and a half ago. The united game we can still win, but a point there and we are still in great shape.

Top 4 is absolutely essential, because our team deserves to be playing CL. But your "Who is going to sign for chelsea in the summer" question, wouldn't be my huge concern. Jose would be my worry if we didn't get top 4. But lots of reports saying its prettty much done. But in player terms, we have a quality team, who is very young, so i don't think we need a lot of players to come in.

I am fully aware of the ramifications of not getting top 4.

The key game is the tottenham game. If we lose that, then it won't be because we started hazard and co a week and a half ago. The united game we can still win, but a point there and we are still in great shape.

Top 4 is absolutely essential, because our team deserves to be playing CL. But your "Who is going to sign for chelsea in the summer" question, wouldn't be my huge concern. Jose would be my worry if we didn't get top 4. But lots of reports saying its prettty much done. But in player terms, we have a quality team, who is very young, so i don't think we need a lot of players to come in.

I still believe, Chelsea must not crucify players for EL on Thursday. There are 4 games left. Chelsea must get 9 points out of it. Le arsens have got 3 games left. If they win all 3 games = 9 points, the result Chelsea are in top four anyways.

Beat Manure first, then we will see what to do with Spurs. Personally, I´d love to see Spurs in, Le Arsens out.

We won't park the bus, not a chance.

Not totally but think it might be the plan, just like we did in the 1st leg. Don't think it would be wise to attack them, we don't have to anyway, and leave ourselves open especially with Basel having the players to trouble us with their quick, pacey and direct attacks.

I actually care more about winning the Supercup than the EL. I really, really want to win the Supercup since so few clubs will actually ever have it amongst their trophy collection. I know it'll be odds against us to win both the Europa League and Supercup, but I hope we can do it.

I actually care more about winning the Supercup than the EL. I really, really want to win the Supercup since so few clubs will actually ever have it amongst their trophy collection. I know it'll be odds against us to win both the Europa League and Supercup, but I hope we can do it.

I hope we dont win the Supercup without winning the Europa League though! :Goober:

I too definately want another shot at the supercup because we don't know when our next oppurtunity to play in it will be and the fact that we got dismantled so badly by athletico makes me want redemption and it would be pretty sweet if supercup final was a replay of 2012 champions league final no?

Yeah the Supercup would be nice, cos we would have won all 3 european cups in succession (would have been even better to win it last year, cos we would be holders of all three at the same time) But winning a european cup in 3 successive seasons would be very nice as well.

However. We still have to smash that Basel shit and Fener/Benfica in the final, which will be a lot harder.

As I pointed out before, Basel's progression to semifinal past much better teams only was a big fluke just like the fact that they did not get routed by us last game. i hope we ahve practised our finishing. Their fragile defense should give us enough chances to put the tie to bed early on.

Luiz, Rami and probably Mikel have to be rested. Can't afford not having them in the final, esp considering we are all but there already.

Basel will run and press like they did in the first leg, but we should be able to play as cool and assured as last week.

---------Cech------

Paulo-JT--Iva--Bert

------Ake-Lamps---

Moses--Oscar--Hazard

should suffice to get a result. A stronger team could even smash like these bitter cunts deserve but any win will be ok.

I still believe, Chelsea must not crucify players for EL on Thursday. There are 4 games left. Chelsea must get 9 points out of it. Le arsens have got 3 games left. If they win all 3 games = 9 points, the result Chelsea are in top four anyways.

Beat Manure first, then we will see what to do with Spurs. Personally, I´d love to see Spurs in, Le Arsens out.

considering how we have had spurs forced to kiss our ass the last season or so I would much rather see arsenal in the top 4 with us. Even though it's funny to see Arsenal not winning anything all this time their fans deserve to at least play champions league football for a bit.

Because we have come this far, so may as well try and win something this season. We SHOULD win if we rest those players. but, i don't really want to take that chance, and i am going so would prefer to see something other than a bus being parked. :)

Indeed. No time to play coy, pink pussies. If we go through we can win a European final!!!

Wtf is wrong with some of you guys. Spoiled after a CL cup while hiding under the umbrella of cowardous realism on here. How many pads do you actually need to feel comfortable ?

uJgfnNa.gif

:Goober:

Fucking win this cup!!!

considering how we have had spurs forced to kiss our ass the last season or so I would much rather see arsenal in the top 4 with us. Even though it's funny to see Arsenal not winning anything all this time their fans deserve to at least play champions league football for a bit.

Personally, I´d rather see the Spurs. If the Spurs won´t make it, Bale might leave, maybe, & Arsenal are bunch of nippers only.