Chelsea v Basel

Jase

I'm very confident we'll win the match. Our home form is frankly superb at the minute. 11 wins from the last 13, and the other two being draws. Basel are good and will play with greater freedom tomorrow (I think they were simply over-awed in the first leg, personally), but playing on the counter certainly sets the tie up nicely from our perspective. There will definitely be a few goals tomorrow, I feel. I have a strong inkling that Basel will get a goal, which will automatically mean we will need to score a couple.

Probably from the customary penalty given against us in this competition..

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should take advantage of their need for goals.. they'll come at us hard and attack as much as they can and we need to keep our shit together in defense and score our goals when given the opportunity, no missed chances, no trying to only defend and keep the lead.

All I can say is, that if we try to park the bus we will lose for sure. We need to keep the pace up and attack. Not sit back and try to defend the whole game. Not even if we are up by 1-0. Basel is a really good team.

I consider a disgrace even thinking about parking the bus tomorrow. With all due respect for Basel (great club, great history), but we are Chelsea FC. We ARE the Champions of Europe.

We must go for the win just like we went in the first leg.

Yeah, don't understand how this hasn't sold out. It's a European semi-final ffs.

sold out now which must be a first.though did go on general so pos basel fans scattered around

we have been so crap in cup comps hope we dont fuck up

If we play our full team it will be bad for Basel on the counter attack as they'll probably be very open. There will be a lot of goals in this game i think. 4-2 .

Lampard will break Bobby's record i think tomorrow. Tomorrow is the day.

Oh great. :doh:

We need him to be available and playing so that we can rotate and rest 1-2 key players.

Ake could be an option, although I doubt Rafa'll play him in a fixture like this...It could mean Luiz back in midfield, or Lampard-Ramires.

SO THERE'S THIS GAME AGAINST BASEL WHICH COULD SEND US TO A SUCCESSIVE EUROPEAN FINAL AND NEW GTA NEWS IS BEING RELEASED TOMORROW/TODAY. I. AM. PUMPED. May not go to sleep... :ph34r:

If we play our full team it will be bad for Basel on the counter attack as they'll probably be very open. There will be a lot of goals in this game i think. 4-2 .

Lampard will break Bobby's record i think tomorrow. Tomorrow is the day.

i'd rather he equal the record against basel/united and pass it with say the winning goal next wednesday

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Bertrand

David Luiz Lampard

Hazard Oscar Mata

Torres

BTW, if we are advancing comfortably, I'd like to see Ferreira come on. It's unlikely we'll see him play again for Chelsea unless we wrap up 4th with a game to spare. He has been nothing but professional.

I think this might be a cagey old affair, they seem to like to hit teams on the break.

Therefore and with TFSW's naturally cautious approach we may see a bit of a stand-off the first half.

The first goal scored and which team scores it will be massive.